Mischkah Scott

Rightfully so!

I like it, but it leaves me wondering whether I would like it in colour even more?

I like it, but it leaves me wondering whether I would like it in colour even more?

I had a similar question when I noticed graphic elements that were most
probably part of a make up…

Thanks for comments guys appreciated.

I did try a colour version but it looked very busy and all over the place, mostly i think because the headdress was very good and it kinda took the focus away from the model.

Thanks for comments guys appreciated.

I did try a colour version but it looked very busy and all over the place, mostly i think because the headdress was very good and it kinda took the focus away from the model.

That's a very good point and one which is often overlooked. I have seen some shots where the headdress has been "selectively desaturated" to avoid taking the focus off the model's face.
That's a problem with these types of shot.

That's a very good point and one which is often overlooked. I have seen some shots where the headdress has been "selectively desaturated" to avoid taking the focus off the model's face.
That's a problem with these types of shot.

Yes completely agree, i think with the subject being this close with the headdress you have to do all you can draw the eye the the model, with a wider shot it matters less, this image was shot using a continuous lighting setup, it was a busy day and did not manage to get her in this particular outfit in the full studio, which was a shame as colour would have worked very well!

Back