Missing folder in LR3

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
A little help appreciated,

I've lost a folder in LM3 - its on the HDD but not down the left hand side of LM.

When I try & re-import from HDD - just new photos - there's nothing to import, implying they're in the catalogue somewhere..........but where?! And how to I find the missing folder.........?

p.s. I did search before asking..;)

Try using the add function but nick the do not import suspected duplicates (not sure on exact wording as not at my Mac at the moment)

There is another option - will be back and edit in a moment or two

Hi Adrian,

OK Ive had a look at that tutorial and it doesnt help really, as I haven't got the little question mark, as I havent got the folder!

I organise in date by year so...2009, 2010, 2011 and now my folder list goes 2009, 2011. The 2010 folder is still on the HDD and the import wizard knows the photos are in the cat..........but no folder.

Any ideas?

Let me fire up my Mac when I'm home and see if I can route it out

BTW Are you using a Mac or PC - may be slightly different terminology.

Hi Adrian,

OK Ive had a look at that tutorial and it doesnt help really, as I haven't got the little question mark, as I havent got the folder!

I organise in date by year so...2009, 2010, 2011 and now my folder list goes 2009, 2011. The 2010 folder is still on the HDD and the import wizard knows the photos are in the cat..........but no folder.

Any ideas?

Hi Dave

I use the same file structure. The 2010 folder is on your hard drive but it is just the link that is broken. Also, you can see the photos in your import wizard as lightroom has created and saved a preview of these.

I think that you will be able to sort this by adding the photos in to your files.

Firstly, click the import button then "Add"

Untick the "Don't Import Suspected Duplicates" then click import

This will bring your photos/albums correctly back into the catalogue

Back