Beginner Mistakes I Made when I started taking portraits

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
Sir SR submitted a new resource:

Mistakes I Made when I started taking portraits - Mistakes I Made when I started taking portraits

Hi

Thought I'd write a quick post with no idea about whether it would be useful or not.

I started as a complete novice when I got my first DSLR. I wanted to take pics of my girls and looking back now, there has been a big difference between now and then. The process of taking lots of shots, getting critique/advice on here has really helped. In this spirit hopefully I might be are to help others in the way I was (still am being) helped on here. I don't profess to be an expert on such...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
:clap: For taking the time to write your journey in portrait photography.

I just wanted to thank you too.
And I agree about receiving critique here and I always welcome it.

Great source of information.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I've always taken a look at your portraits posted and this post is a great resource to back it all up! Thanks.

Excellent post. I mainly do landscapes and was considering getting back into portrait photography. This has been a really useful refresher for me.

great read & useful tips thanks

Very informative piece which has made me think about things I hadn't before such as a reflector. Looking to try and incorporate some of your tips whilst taking portraits as I need to get my technique up to scratch as may be asked to take pictures for my wife's Brownies troop.
Thank you very much

Very informative piece which has made me think about things I hadn't before such as a reflector. Looking to try and incorporate some of your tips whilst taking portraits as I need to get my technique up to scratch as may be asked to take pictures for my wife's Brownies troop.
Thank you very much
Even 3 years later it has been a very useful post:D

I raise your 3 years to 11! Even now I seem to not notice backgrounds as I'm so concentrated on the subject!

Back