Misty Loch Achray

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
37332136105_735fe5152e_k.jpg

The mist was really thick yesterday, a sunrise shot I was hoping for never happened. An hour or so later it eventually appeared!

…may well be misty to you but
it's clearly beautiful to me, Andy!

Now that Steve's pointed it out, I'd go for losing the sun too. It's a much stronger image when the eye is drawn to the colour, reflections and the calm stillness of the water and not to the sun glare. I could look at a scene like that for a very, very long time.

This is lovely, you have 2 images here, one with the sun as presented but I think it's much stronger without the sun.

I am bit OCD about distractions so this is more about me than the image but I would spot heal the 3 tiny white dots in the mid foreground.

A very nice image, which would look lovely on a wall. (y)

I'm gonna buck the trend here, but I think you did a decent job of getting the sun in and it adds to the overall drama, imo.

I'm gonna buck the trend here, but I think you did a decent job of getting the sun in and it adds to the overall drama, imo.
:agree:

You probably don't want to hear this but I'd crop the sun out. Let the colours, light and sillhoute do the talking not the blown hot spot in the sky

I'd try and clone the sun down and more to the right. Too high in frame for me.

BTW- lovely image anyway.

copy.jpg

Hope you dont mind Andy, seen you're OK to edit. I was thinking along these lines. I personally like the sun in the image just a bit high and central for me, can understand the comments about the foliage on the left but this is what there is to work with

Cheers for the additional feedback everyone.

Don't mind the edit at all @Jim_Tod, the plan was for the Sun to rise just above the treeline roughly were that reed on the left hand side is.

Obviously the reed wasn't in the plan lol, but either side wasn't significantly better on the day :)

I was trying to improve, retake this shot from Sept '15.

34476380714_dc39a0f461_k.jpg

Back