Misty

I really like No1, I have been looking to work with mist for a while but never seemed to get it together yet
No1 reminds me of a gatehouse locally at an entrance to a cemetery, where I went to shoot one evening but it was frequented by gentlemen with bottles of cider and meths:eek:
Anyhow I can feel the atmosphere with this shot it has bags, grainy look to the "Gatehouse" really works for me.

I like the shape of this tree and I'm still trying to get my head round IR, its bizarre for me on a personal perspective because I cant decide whether I like IR shots or not. Having said that I really like this, and I have a tree fetish:) This one has a great shape and the IR really isolates it and pulls it right out(y)

They are both seriously beautiful images Neil both lighting and processing are spot on for me...

The first one at first reminds me of a local forest near me as they have house on its entrance like that.. ...( but it's not as you don't live near me lol )

Excellent shots, well done (y)

Brilliant shots that house is amazing the Mist has worked out perfectly almost a start to a horror movie.

2nd one is like a snow scene perfect use of IR :D

Love the tree sho but both cracking shots

I really like No1, I have been looking to work with mist for a while but never seemed to get it together yet
No1 reminds me of a gatehouse locally at an entrance to a cemetery, where I went to shoot one evening but it was frequented by gentlemen with bottles of cider and meths:eek:
Anyhow I can feel the atmosphere with this shot it has bags, grainy look to the "Gatehouse" really works for me.

I like the shape of this tree and I'm still trying to get my head round IR, its bizarre for me on a personal perspective because I cant decide whether I like IR shots or not. Having said that I really like this, and I have a tree fetish:) This one has a great shape and the IR really isolates it and pulls it right out(y)

They are both seriously beautiful images Neil both lighting and processing are spot on for me...

The first one at first reminds me of a local forest near me as they have house on its entrance like that.. ...( but it's not as you don't live near me lol )

Love 'em both.

Both superb, but the tree one needs to be framed and put on the wall (y)

Excellent shots, well done (y)

Brilliant shots that house is amazing the Mist has worked out perfectly almost a start to a horror movie.

2nd one is like a snow scene perfect use of IR :D

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the comments :)

I love the misty shots I sometimes see of people walking in the woods or of animals catching the eye of the photographer.. never been one for misty buildings but that works really well! Do you have that image in colour that you could perhaps have rendered in an old film colouration for comparison? I think because of the trees it could work quite well! Top job on that IR shot too!

I love the misty shots I sometimes see of people walking in the woods or of animals catching the eye of the photographer.. never been one for misty buildings but that works really well! Do you have that image in colour that you could perhaps have rendered in an old film colouration for comparison? I think because of the trees it could work quite well! Top job on that IR shot too!
Thanks Andrew, much preferred the shot in mono so didn't work on the colour version.

Superbe shots Neil, that house one gets my vote for sure but i`m not 100% sure if its my eyes or does it need a slight adjustment to the right or maybe its the wall to the right on the house and the gate pillar are out.
No2 IR gives this shot a snowy feel to it but IR is not for me but it still is a cracker (y)

Two totally different but equally as good Neil, the house looks really spooky and the mist works very well. And the tree shot is well suited to the treatment you have given it.(y)

George.

Superbe shots Neil, that house one gets my vote for sure but i`m not 100% sure if its my eyes or does it need a slight adjustment to the right or maybe its the wall to the right on the house and the gate pillar are out.
No2 IR gives this shot a snowy feel to it but IR is not for me but it still is a cracker (y)
I think it's the wall against the post Graham, whatever I did regards lens correction and rotation that area always seems to look a little odd. Cheers mate.

I thought that may be the case after reading you had also shot in the evening when light may start to become more of an issue! As said, lovely shots though!
Light not really an issue Andrew, just felt from the start that it leant itself more to mono.

Cool moods in them…
the house needs keystoning, Neil.

Back