Beginner Models

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello I have normally stayed to my transport or wildlife and industrial photography, however I am now moving into the realms of studio photography

Where is the best place to find models please

TIA
Dave

Hello I have normally stayed to my transport or wildlife and industrial photography, however I am now moving into the realms of studio photography

Where is the best place to find models please

TIA
Dave

I personally will use a local Model Agency- and PAY the model for their time- some wanna be models may indulge in TPF ( Time for print)

try sights on the internet - plenty around- I have used this site ( registration required) https://purpleport.com/

Good luck- if you are not looking to pay anyone, just ask a friend - gives you the confidence to learn poses etc

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot depends on what type of studio photography you want to explore..

Could be portrait, figure, nude................to extreme (was it called 'continental'?)...

Stress, complexity and costs increase as you go from portrait to the next 'step', while the scope for sharing photos reduces (just imagine during the days of film what sort of conversations you have with the lab.)

Getting models for portrait or figure (I mean model stilled clothed) pretty straightforward as other responders have suggested. Getting friends or colleagues to pose for portraits is easier than you think.

I went through a phase 20 years ago when visits to photography studies was a regular club event but I haven't done it in over 15 years now, it was fun at the time. I would go to Worksop (is it still there?) and Keranda in King's Lynn.

Good luck with it, let's see some images when you start.

Back