Mojave

It was there, for me, when I looked a couple of hours ago.

However, be patient as the servers will be hammered at the mo' and downloads slow; maybe try early tomorrow morning when the US are still asleep.

Personally I'll probably be holding off for a couple 'point' updates before upgrading (let those on the cutting edge bleed a little)...although I'm more eager for this update than I have been for quite a few years (only updated to High Sierra last month!).

Update: fully installed now, after a cup of tea. Already feels faster, but that may be psychological.

Anyone managed to download and install Mojave yet? It doesn’t show up on Updates for me yet.

Mine installed overnight. Everything I need still works. It didn't show as an update though, had to do it manually via the App Store.

Looks like it won’t go on my iMac. Will get it on my MacBook later.

Urgh, updated both Macs to Mojave last night. This morning my accounts software doesn’t work.

Luckily I have time machine backups, but now sitting waiting for a restore. Just 2.6 hours remaining :mad:

Urgh, updated both Macs to Mojave last night. This morning my accounts software doesn’t work.

Luckily I have time machine backups, but now sitting waiting for a restore. Just 2.6 hours remaining :mad:
I take it they don't have an update for it yet? Mine just flashed up a warning but continued working. And when I checked they had an update. It's only a wee home program though.

I take it they don't have an update for it yet? Mine just flashed up a warning but continued working. And when I checked they had an update. It's only a wee home program though.

It doesn’t look like it at the moment. I use an offline version of Solar Accounts, but the developer decided a couple of years ago to try and push everybody to a subscription based online system which I don’t want. I moved from an online system to Solar because they were an offline package initially.

Hopefully, he’ll update it. Everything seems to work, it just takes 40-50 seconds to open an invoice or any other document.

Will update my RMBP tomorrow, got a few niggly things I have been meaning to sort out for some time so will take the opportunity to get it all done in one go.

It hasn’t shown as an ‘update’ on my late 2012 Mac mini — maybe because it is the oldest Apple certified machine for Mojave :( — I had to look for it in the App Store.

It hasn’t shown as an ‘update’ on my late 2012 Mac mini — maybe because it is the oldest Apple certified machine for Mojave :( — I had to look for it in the App Store.

Just go to the app store and click the "Featured" tab. There should be a big banner at the top. Click it.

Just go to the app store and click the "Featured" tab. There should be a big banner at the top. Click it.
I’m probably having a brain fart and it’s always that way — I very seldom just ‘update’ to new versions of Mac OS but usually download and install current or earlier versions on other partitions or as VMs as a safeguard so I can continue to run my too expensive database software :(.

I’m probably having a brain fart and it’s always that way — I very seldom just ‘update’ to new versions of Mac OS but usually download and install current or earlier versions on other partitions or as VMs as a safeguard so I can continue to run my too expensive database software :(.

Exactly. First rule of upgrades - you first :D

I installed and thus far, it takes 5+ minutes to boot. If I then click on Safari for example I get the BeachBall for 4 minutes...

I installed and thus far, it takes 5+ minutes to boot. If I then click on Safari for example I get the BeachBall for 4 minutes...
Something amiss there. Mine boots in less than 30 seconds and Safari is more or less instant (as long as I leave about 5 minutes after booting for the system to settle down).

I've not seen many/any posts on the Apple user forum as yet with any similar issues.

Last edited:
Yep, can't say I've experienced that with mine mate. Can you take it into the shop to see if they can run some software checks on it?

I have an iMac 2015 and a MacBook Air, both have the same issue?

I can get the MacBook to one easily though.

What I am doing is reinstalling Mojave this morning. Command R opens the macOS Recovery console so I'm trying that. I also uninstalled McAfee Internet Security, you never know it may have interferred :(

There is nothing in Mojave that needs me to upgrade, all the new stuff seems to be bells and whistles on apps that I rarely use. I will stick with High Sierra as that is solid as a rock and all my apps work.

Well I reinstalled and all is well :)

Must have been a bad download or something.

Installed Mojave a couple of days ago. Since I'm all Office 365 and Adobe CC everything should now work better if I continually upgrade.

So far......slower to wake from sleep and my ancient version of Typinator no longer works :(

That's the true cost of free upgrades IMO - the OS is free but all the little helper apps you rely on need new versions.

What does that have to do with the cost of the OS upgrade?
Typinator upgrade is EUR12.49

My ancient version of Typinator works fine with High Sierra. I take a free upgrade to Mojave and it stops working. To make it work again I have to pay 12.49 or uninstall Mojave.

So a free upgrade to Mojave costs me 12.49. It would cost you less if you weren't running Typinator or more if you ran something more expensive that didn't work with it.

My ancient version of Typinator works fine with High Sierra. I take a free upgrade to Mojave and it stops working. To make it work again I have to pay 12.49 or uninstall Mojave.

So a free upgrade to Mojave costs me 12.49. It would cost you less if you weren't running Typinator or more if you ran something more expensive that didn't work with it.

Sorry but you sound like an ungrateful cheap skate. Instead of thanking Apple for providing free updates with new features and security updates you complain because a 3rd part developer wants to change you EUR 12.

If you can’t afford the EUR12 don’t upgrade your OS

Sorry but you sound like an ungrateful cheap skate. Instead of thanking Apple for providing free updates with new features and security updates you complain because a 3rd part developer wants to change you EUR 12.

If you can’t afford the EUR12 don’t upgrade your OS

Yeah, I remember when this place used to be fun. Or when in the business forum you could talk about TCO without people complaining that it was all too technical.

I guess I'm just sick of seeing a bunch of posts that say "of course you must upgrade - it's free!!!!!!". TCO and business continuity say it isn't. But if that makes me ungrateful to the mother ship, I'll just reboot my iMac into Win10 and get on with some coding.

Yeah, I remember when this place used to be fun. Or when in the business forum you could talk about TCO without people complaining that it was all too technical.

I guess I'm just sick of seeing a bunch of posts that say "of course you must upgrade - it's free!!!!!!". TCO and business continuity say it isn't. But if that makes me ungrateful to the mother ship, I'll just reboot my iMac into Win10 and get on with some coding.

I haven’t seen any posts that saying you must upgrade, that’s you choice but why do you expect an “ancient version” (your description) of software to be compatible. Why not put your post on a typinator forum? After all, it’s them that aren’t giving out free updates.

Also, just wondering if that Win10 cost you anything and did all your ancient windows and DOS apps work with it.

I haven’t seen any posts that saying you must upgrade, that’s you choice but why do you expect an “ancient version” (your description) of software to be compatible. Why not put your post on a typinator forum? After all, it’s them that aren’t giving out free updates.

Also, just wondering if that Win10 cost you anything and did all your ancient windows and DOS apps work with it.

Dunno. I only really use it for Excel (the Mac Version isn't great - especially in its support of VBA) and SQL Server. And yeah, effectively Microsoft gave me those for free.

But sure, everything is great in Mac land. I'll keep quiet :)

Installed Mojave a couple of days ago. Since I'm all Office 365 and Adobe CC everything should now work better if I continually upgrade.

So far......slower to wake from sleep and my ancient version of Typinator no longer works :(

That's the true cost of free upgrades IMO - the OS is free but all the little helper apps you rely on need new versions.
I don’t understand why you are getting stick for this, it’s a fair point. It’s not always optional to upgrade — sometimes you need to for some feature of the OS some software is no longer supported on the old version and then you find that some other software is not supported by the new version :( and so on. The sums involved are not always trivial!

That's what they always say....

Remember when an OSX upgrade made all WD drives stop working.........? :D

Updated yesterday and bingo both my WD magically disconnected or rather become unresponsive and unable to eject an hour ago. Whatever there is it is not working nicely at all.

Back