1. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Anyone managed to download and install Mojave yet? It doesn’t show up on Updates for me yet.

2. TonyHall

TonyHall

Edit My Images:
    No
    It was there, for me, when I looked a couple of hours ago.

However, be patient as the servers will be hammered at the mo' and downloads slow; maybe try early tomorrow morning when the US are still asleep.

Personally I'll probably be holding off for a couple 'point' updates before upgrading (let those on the cutting edge bleed a little)...although I'm more eager for this update than I have been for quite a few years (only updated to High Sierra last month!).

3. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Only updated to High Sierra this weekend :D

4. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Started coming in at 0600. Got HS backed up on a bootable disk just in case!

5. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Update: fully installed now, after a cup of tea. Already feels faster, but that may be psychological.

6. purpleclouds

purpleclouds

Name:
    Phil
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Mine installed overnight. Everything I need still works. It didn't show as an update though, had to do it manually via the App Store.

7. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ditto. Thought at first it wasn't there - it was well hidden!

8. -markie-

-markie-

Name:
    MG
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Can't be any worse than high sierra

9. Craikeybaby

Craikeybaby

Name:
    Lewis
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Looks like it won’t go on my iMac. Will get it on my MacBook later.

10. JonathanRyan

JonathanRyan

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That's what they always say....

Remember when an OSX upgrade made all WD drives stop working.........? :D

-markie- likes this.
  11. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Urgh, updated both Macs to Mojave last night. This morning my accounts software doesn’t work.

Luckily I have time machine backups, but now sitting waiting for a restore. Just 2.6 hours remaining :mad:

12. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I take it they don't have an update for it yet? Mine just flashed up a warning but continued working. And when I checked they had an update. It's only a wee home program though.

13. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It doesn’t look like it at the moment. I use an offline version of Solar Accounts, but the developer decided a couple of years ago to try and push everybody to a subscription based online system which I don’t want. I moved from an online system to Solar because they were an offline package initially.

Hopefully, he’ll update it. Everything seems to work, it just takes 40-50 seconds to open an invoice or any other document.

14. Jake

Jake

Name:
    Jake
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Will update my RMBP tomorrow, got a few niggly things I have been meaning to sort out for some time so will take the opportunity to get it all done in one go.

15. robinsslee

robinsslee

Name:
    Robin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I'll have a look tonight, it wasn't flashing for upgrade this morning before I left for work though.

16. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Mine didn't - I had to go hunting for it. I suppose they're trying to limit the server hits.

17. sphexx

sphexx

Name:
    Richard
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It hasn’t shown as an ‘update’ on my late 2012 Mac mini — maybe because it is the oldest Apple certified machine for Mojave :( — I had to look for it in the App Store.

18. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Just go to the app store and click the "Featured" tab. There should be a big banner at the top. Click it.

sphexx likes this.
  19. sphexx

sphexx

Name:
    Richard
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I’m probably having a brain fart and it’s always that way — I very seldom just ‘update’ to new versions of Mac OS but usually download and install current or earlier versions on other partitions or as VMs as a safeguard so I can continue to run my too expensive database software :(.

20. JonathanRyan

JonathanRyan

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Exactly. First rule of upgrades - you first :D

sphexx likes this.
  21. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Well restore was successful so I’m back up and running and the account developers have been able to replicate the problem so they are working on a fix.

sphexx likes this.
  22. robinsslee

robinsslee

Name:
    Robin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Update didn't show up, but there's a banner on top bar says Mojave so click on it and downloading now.

23. Norkie

Norkie

Name:
    Jak
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I installed and thus far, it takes 5+ minutes to boot. If I then click on Safari for example I get the BeachBall for 4 minutes...

24. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Something amiss there. Mine boots in less than 30 seconds and Safari is more or less instant (as long as I leave about 5 minutes after booting for the system to settle down).

Norkie likes this.
  25. Norkie

Norkie

Name:
    Jak
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I've not seen many/any posts on the Apple user forum as yet with any similar issues.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  26. Jake

Jake

Name:
    Jake
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Yep, can't say I've experienced that with mine mate. Can you take it into the shop to see if they can run some software checks on it?

27. Norkie

Norkie

Name:
    Jak
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I have an iMac 2015 and a MacBook Air, both have the same issue?

I can get the MacBook to one easily though.

28. Norkie

Norkie

Name:
    Jak
    Edit My Images:
    No
    What I am doing is reinstalling Mojave this morning. Command R opens the macOS Recovery console so I'm trying that. I also uninstalled McAfee Internet Security, you never know it may have interferred :(

29. Canon f1.8

Canon f1.8

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    There is nothing in Mojave that needs me to upgrade, all the new stuff seems to be bells and whistles on apps that I rarely use. I will stick with High Sierra as that is solid as a rock and all my apps work.

30. Norkie

Norkie

Name:
    Jak
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Well I reinstalled and all is well :)

Must have been a bad download or something.

sphexx likes this.
  31. JonathanRyan

JonathanRyan

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Installed Mojave a couple of days ago. Since I'm all Office 365 and Adobe CC everything should now work better if I continually upgrade.

So far......slower to wake from sleep and my ancient version of Typinator no longer works :(

That's the true cost of free upgrades IMO - the OS is free but all the little helper apps you rely on need new versions.

sphexx likes this.
  32. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    No
    What does that have to do with the cost of the OS upgrade?
    Typinator upgrade is EUR12.49

33. JonathanRyan

JonathanRyan

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    My ancient version of Typinator works fine with High Sierra. I take a free upgrade to Mojave and it stops working. To make it work again I have to pay 12.49 or uninstall Mojave.

So a free upgrade to Mojave costs me 12.49. It would cost you less if you weren't running Typinator or more if you ran something more expensive that didn't work with it.

34. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Sorry but you sound like an ungrateful cheap skate. Instead of thanking Apple for providing free updates with new features and security updates you complain because a 3rd part developer wants to change you EUR 12.

If you can’t afford the EUR12 don’t upgrade your OS

35. JonathanRyan

JonathanRyan

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yeah, I remember when this place used to be fun. Or when in the business forum you could talk about TCO without people complaining that it was all too technical.

I guess I'm just sick of seeing a bunch of posts that say "of course you must upgrade - it's free!!!!!!". TCO and business continuity say it isn't. But if that makes me ungrateful to the mother ship, I'll just reboot my iMac into Win10 and get on with some coding.

sphexx likes this.
  36. ecoleman

ecoleman

Name:
    Elliott
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I haven’t seen any posts that saying you must upgrade, that’s you choice but why do you expect an “ancient version” (your description) of software to be compatible. Why not put your post on a typinator forum? After all, it’s them that aren’t giving out free updates.

Also, just wondering if that Win10 cost you anything and did all your ancient windows and DOS apps work with it.

37. JonathanRyan

JonathanRyan

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Dunno. I only really use it for Excel (the Mac Version isn't great - especially in its support of VBA) and SQL Server. And yeah, effectively Microsoft gave me those for free.

But sure, everything is great in Mac land. I'll keep quiet :)

sphexx likes this.
  38. sphexx

sphexx

Name:
    Richard
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I don’t understand why you are getting stick for this, it’s a fair point. It’s not always optional to upgrade — sometimes you need to for some feature of the OS some software is no longer supported on the old version and then you find that some other software is not supported by the new version :( and so on. The sums involved are not always trivial!

39. LongLensPhotography

LongLensPhotography

Name:
    Truth Teller
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Updated yesterday and bingo both my WD magically disconnected or rather become unresponsive and unable to eject an hour ago. Whatever there is it is not working nicely at all.

40. LongLensPhotography

LongLensPhotography

Name:
    Truth Teller
    Edit My Images:
    No
    P.S. How do you uninstall parasitic new apps like Siri or their fake NEWS propaganda selection?

stickytape likes this.