Monitor Power Problem

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I wonder if anyone has got any bright ideas about this.
I have a Dell U2511 monitor connected by HDMI cable to a desktop pc running win 10.
The Windows power settings are to put the monitor to sleep after 2 mins of inactivity.
This has been working fine for ages up until the last couple of weeks, when for some reason best known to itself it has decided to stop turning the monitor off.
I had a play yesterday using a U2311 monitor and everything worked OK, but this monitor does not have HDMI input so I had to use VGA.
I then tried a little monitor utility programme which was supposed to turn the monitor off with hot keys but while it worked after a fashion it was not satisfactory.
At this point I did a system restore to before I installed the utility and lo and behold everything worked OK, so at this point I am one happy bunny.
Until this morning when I got the old problem back, so wondering about the connection I replaced the HDMI cable but to no avail.
This is an annoyance and a puzzle rather than anything because I can always turn the monitor off with the power button.
Any ideas?

Chris

Problem Solved
It's a Windows power problem (and apparently is quite common) as it does the same with another HDMI monitor, it is not causing serious problems so I will just live with it

Back