Monitors recommendations

Name
Giannis Hintipas
Edit My Images
Yes
I am searching for a good 27-inch monitor for photo and video editing. I want to have VESA mount. I don’t really care about ADOBE RGB because I work only in SRGB. Also, I don’t care about 4k, I don’t have a problem being 1080p. I want an accurate display. I will calibrate with a hardware calibrator later but for now I will use it without calibration. I am searching for about 200 euros. I read the specs sheet of some monitors but I want to ask about real world performance not only specs. (This will not be my primary display) Any suggestions?

The more budget i.e. not targeted at photography ones made by Dell and BenQ are decent choices.

What are you intending to do with your photos after editing? Are they just for web use hence your requirement for SRGB?

In that case srgb is fine. Most monitors will deliver srgb. The difference is in the uniformity of the brightness, amount of control of settings. You should look for the ability to adjust the height and angle and if need be inclusion of USB ports. Buy from a retailer that allows returns if you have dead pixels or if you aren’t happy it.

It looks good but isn’t full 4k. What res is your source?
I shoot with a 42MP camera. My laptop has a 4k screen but it's only 15 inch. So looking for something bigger. Thought qhd would be fine. I am also looking at lenovo P27H-20 which is QHD and 27 inch.

I managed to get this one for £175, damaged box at currys. It's 4k, 98% srgb, IPS and colour calibrated. As it's not for professional use, I think this should be good enough for me.

I shoot with a 42MP camera. My laptop has a 4k screen but it's only 15 inch. So looking for something bigger. Thought qhd would be fine. I am also looking at lenovo P27H-20 which is QHD and 27 inch.
If your lappy gives you 4K on the external monitor port then you want a 4K monitor Such as the LG one suggested.

If your lappy gives you 4K on the external monitor port then you want a 4K monitor Such as the LG one suggested.
It's a fairly recent one which has a 4k display and an additional graphics card. I am guessing it should support external 4k display. But good call. I will look into the specs.

Back