Monitors

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks, I hope all is well.

Thinking of replacing my computer screen in my home office, just have a small basic screen I link to laptops as and when needed. I have an MSI gaming monitor upstairs for Steam and Xbox duty.

Has anyone tried these:

Any thoughts / comments? Figured if I replace office screen I may as well get something that's half decent for photography also.

My laptop for editing is an Asus Zenbook Duo so was thinking of sticking with Asus?

Cheers.
Adam

The pro art monitors had a decent rep when I bought a new (gigabyte) screen a couple of years ago. There is no reason to match monitor and laptop suppliers other than OCD.

That's a pretty basic decent panel with spec right from 2013.... It will be ok for basics if that's the most you can afford to spend.

Today's ideal spec list would be 32" 4k oled hdr10+ Adobe RGB, so in practice the more of these you can tick the better.

There aren't many such great options with the closest one being lg c3 42 TV or a similar Asus gaming monitor, and you have to have a pretty long desk for that.... I wish they hurried up and caught up with TV market just a little instead charging two kidneys and a leg for old crap

That's a pretty basic decent panel with spec right from 2013.... It will be ok for basics if that's the most you can afford to spend.

Today's ideal spec list would be 32" 4k oled hdr10+ Adobe RGB, so in practice the more of these you can tick the better.

There aren't many such great options with the closest one being lg c3 42 TV or a similar Asus gaming monitor, and you have to have a pretty long desk for that.... I wish they hurried up and caught up with TV market just a little instead charging two kidneys and a leg for old crap
Cheers, I'm only a hobby tog so spending £1000s on a monitor is pointless for me. I have a great spec 32" curved gaming monitor (125% sRGB, 96% DCI P3) for more serious gaming time. This would to be to replace a BOGO screen that came with an old desktop...lord knows how old.

Last edited:
Cheers, I'm only a hobby tog so spending £1000s on a monitor is pointless for me.
To be honest I find that too so I'm sitting with something that's in less than ideal condition until some proper offer comes on the market. That LG TV looks like the closest thing at the moment sadly

To be honest I find that too so I'm sitting with something that's in less than ideal condition until some proper offer comes on the market. That LG TV looks like the closest thing at the moment sadly
I remember when I purchased my monitor in 2020 (irc) and the lad said it was way ahead of any TV at the time with the nearest costing thousands (I don't like massive TVs). It's probably old spec given it's about 3-4 years old now but it still looks awesome to me.

I think OLED is going to be the next big thing; the only question is reliability. It is already mainstream on TV market. I have Samsung laptop with OLED screen, a really small one but inch for inch it visibly kills my old 32" ACER IPS in every metric. Meanwhile Acer IPS decided to develop nasty edge backlight bleed and I can't do anything about it other than wait for suitable and affordable OLED replacement.

Back