Monkey World

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
That's a great set, the portrait work is lovely! The black and white conversion is very nice too, something I'm trying to improve on at the moment.

That's a great set, the portrait work is lovely! The black and white conversion is very nice too, something I'm trying to improve on at the moment.

thanks, they are based off LR basic presets, b+w 3 I think, remove the grain and up the exposure iirc.

I go for the first two! (y)

…though the others are all fine too!

Because there is nothing spectacular about colour

If colours are not contributing positively
to the message of a take, get rid of them!

sometimes you need to convert to b&w to hide the reflections etc ... then pretend you've done it in the name of art :D

Yes, well the only photo that had reflections still has them. :) and I like it because it tells the sad tale of people looking in at 'caged' animals. Though this is a rescue place, so the entry fee helps them

I actually do like the reflections shot, but do not see it as a sad, but an inquisitive Orangutan. Same with the first, I don't see a sad Chimp, but one that is merely trying to reach an itch. Considering the Macaques came from life in a laboratory, I think their current existence is much brighter than how you portray. But each to their own (y)

Considering the Macaques came from life in a laboratory, I think their current existence is much brighter than how you portray. But each to their own (y)

I'm sure it is brighter than I might have portrayed, but I'm not trying to document a faithful representation of monkey world to anyone, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned where the photos were taken. I'm just looking to produce images individual in their own right which provoke emotion.

Back