North England Monthly Leeds (and local meets) thoughts thread.

Tim, I'm struggling, the post code for Scammy put you the other side of the dam, You need to be on the B6114 from Barkisland, any problems, just give me a ring mate(y)

Start OS grid reference SE055164
Lat 53.4964904289264 + Long -1.99917083252146
Postcode HD3 3FR (approx. location only)

Rob, post code will put you in wrong place, not a biggie, but its about 4 miles to drive round to other side from there :D

I need to go.....have fun chaps, see ya later on (y)

Rob, post code will put you in wrong place, not a biggie, but its about 4 miles to drive round to other side from there :D

I need to go.....have fun chaps, see ya later on (y)

Ah ok no problems lol see ya later

@Mardybum Well Rich, ya didn't miss owt at Scammy tonight, weather look perfect, right up to about half an hour before sunset, then the sun just disappeared and the sky went grey :banghead::banghead:
shakehead.gif
but as Tim said, it was better than watching Coronation Street :D always a pleasure chaps.............and there's always next time.

Look forward to seeing some of the shots Rob and Tim got at Hardcastle Craggs (y)

@Mardybum Well Rich, ya didn't miss owt at Scammy tonight, weather look perfect, right up to about half an hour before sunset, then the sun just disappeared and the sky went grey :banghead::banghead:
shakehead.gif
but as Tim said, it was better than watching Coronation Street :D always a pleasure chaps.............and there's always next time.

Look forward to seeing some of the shots Rob and Tim got at Hardcastle Craggs (y)

I drove past around 7pm and it looked a bit grey, shame really as earlier it looked geared up for a beauty sunset......
I looked out for you all on the bridge or to the right but couldn't see you.
The damn looked like a mirror too, can't of been any wind at all......

shakehead.gif

Another enjoyable meet but not as productive as we would have liked with the sunset not coming out to play. Phil reckons the weather is good on Sunday.

shakehead.gif

I shall upload once I gone through chosen my best shots

shakehead.gif

@Phil-D for some reason it wont let me upload any files to the thread keeps saying file too large even though i have sized it down for web only o_O
:confused: so will just upload them all to flickr, it seems more reliable

@Phil-D for some reason it wont let me upload any files to the thread keeps saying file too large even though i have sized it down for web only o_O
:confused: so will just upload them all to flickr, it seems more reliable
Can't you upload to flickr then link them in the thread. I have got lazy recently and just uploaded them to flickr and then posted them into the flickr group you set up for the meets.

Can't you upload to flickr then link them in the thread. I have got lazy recently and just uploaded them to flickr and then posted them into the flickr group you set up for the meets.

I'm gonna do that in morning tim will be a better way

Blame the forum :) wont let me upload any files

That's a coincidence Rob, I tried to upload some to my TP gallery for the first time on Wednesday,I've never bothered before. It didn't matter what size I made them, it got to 90%, then gave me an error reading of 'file too big' :confused:

I couldn't be ar**d to report it either :)

That's a coincidence Rob, I tried to upload some to my TP gallery for the first time on Wednesday,I've never bothered before. It didn't matter what size I made them, it got to 90%, then gave me an error reading of 'file too big' :confused:

I couldn't be ar**d to report it either :)

I never really bothered myself either to be fair, it's better to get them in the flickr group but I like to add tags and put them in groups before I click upload lol.

Probably get them on before I go to work though and @randomwindows enjoy the game :)

It's a possibility for me, off to the outlaws just now, then I'll be putting Anya to bed around 7, fingers crossed she goes down ok and I could be at scammy for 8ish........

Nice one. I'll pop back and check. It's been a while since I've been there, anyone the meet point on Google maps??

Cheers.

@posiview @Mardybum @randomwindows

Well it certainly looks promising for a good sunset but as we know, its never guaranteed :p If we're meeting and you want the best vantage point, no later than 7ish would be best :)

Arrived. I'm parked on the other side of the bridge from the small turbine :)

Edit, moving to the car park under the turbine :)

Last edited:
Yup another good meet. Not had chance to look through my shots yet. Will check them tomorrow and post on Flickr if I have anything interesting.

Back