moon shot- bridge camera

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
testing out my OH's new Fuji HS30 EXR bridge camera

just a quick shot put camera on tripod outside last night, set it to manual and switched on the digital zoom to give focal length of a ridiculous 1440mm!

shot in jpeg too

not bad for a camera that cost £120 !
prob needs some colour adjustment and whatnot but digital zoom doesnt work in RAW so just wanted to see how close this little bridge shoots without spending more than a minute setting up.

14650942852_dde4c8fd8c_b.jpg

Last edited:
I shall try that on a clear night. Just waiting to try out my Samsung WB1100f...

Nice one Dean, I have never done any sort of Astro Photography, believing you need some fancy and expensive scope for even a simple image. You have blown that theory out of the air with this image.

Excellent, Dean, lots of detail and good contrast.
You'll have to try a half-moon next to see detail around craters and better contrast. I usually take many images and select the best because even with the same settings,
the "seeing" conditions (atmospheric distortion) varies considerably.

its a great little ( or not so little ) Bridge camera . Fuji have an outstanding range and this camera normally is around £200 but picked up on ebay auction.
anyone looking at going from a compact to a bridge i would def recommend the fuji range

Back