More Bread and Butter - and Lest We Forget...

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
A boggo job here - documenting the work carried out by the camp Quartermaster's Department...I can hear the squeals of excitement already...lol

Lit with 2x SB900 flash units and triggered by the SU800 commander unit...
This would have been impossible for me to achieve last year - now we have access to CLS, things are improving markedly...An early attempt for me - but I'm getting better at it...lol

11x2009HERRICK110170074E.jpg

Something a little more sombre in mood - a sunset Vigil Ceremony to Honour the Fallen in this week's fighting...we're doing about one of these a week at the moment...

11x2009HERRICK110180022E.jpg

11x2009HERRICK110180027E.jpg

A very nice set, not just for quality also for many other reasons, very emotive the 2nd and 3rd images. Spot on with the lighting on the first. Big respect to all out there, keep safe.:clap:

Very moving images especially the last, that has brought a lump to my throat.

very good shots i echo what everyone else has said about the last one very moving

crikey
that last one sneaks up on you doesn't it

I really like the first one! Very good use of the OCF!

Second one, again nice... I feel it would have been a little better with a bit more breathing room - the tassles and elbow are cut off.

Third one is very poignant, but a little difficult to immediately understand the subject matter... a little more DoF may have helped here.

Good stuff all round though :)

No3 is very moving and personally I think the dof does it. You know what it is without seeing it properly.

Great shots - although agree on the last one - just a touch more depth of field would be good...

For me no.3 hits home exactly how tough things are there. Cracking shots and keep safe.

Sorry for the confusion - it is a table with a Union Flag on it - the chap himself is up in Bastion being prepared for his journey Home.
The TRF - tactical recognition flash - isn't a Romanian flag, it's his Unit designator.

Plus: the Padre (who is responsible for organising the Vigils) has been given a monster-*******ing by the Brigadier because the photographer was 'moving around too much' during the ceremony, so after some consultation, we've agreed that I'll not be doing any more of these. Either I do my job properly or I don't do it at all...

It may be a sombre occasion, but it's still the Army and what would the Army be without petty and peurile bickering and bull****...?

It may be a sombre occasion, but it's still the Army and what would the Army be without petty and peurile bickering and bull****...?

It wont get any better when you finaly hang up your cammo's mate...
...All the Army is doing is preparing you for the corporate B/S out here in civvy street

Love two and three - very moving.

First one reminds me of Rodney Trotter - maybe it's the drink :wacky:

Last edited:
[QUOTE

First one reminds me of Rodney Trotter - maybe it's the drink :wacky:[/QUOTE]

I thought that too:LOL:

Good shots, last one very moving, puts a lump in the back of my throat.

--Gone But Not Forgotten--​

Last edited:
the photographer was 'moving around too much' during the ceremony, so after some consultation, we've agreed that I'll not be doing any more of these. Either I do my job properly or I don't do it at all...

Having come to know you just a little bit through here I can fully understand your point Rob.

Hope the rest of your tour is uneventful.

And I do get No3 perfectly and think it's a great shot and should be on a blooming great poster.

I used to work a lot down at Wooton Bassett where all fallen troops are repatriated and the coverage there has brought a lump to my throat on more than one occasion.

Stay safe.

Back