More trouble with 7dayshop.....

Name
Damien
Edit My Images
Yes
Getting fed up with this shoddy outfit!! :annoyed:

Including this one, my last three orders have all gone wrong in one way or another.....

Last week, I ordered some bits and bobs from their ebay store. Amongst the order, were 2 x 8GB Sandisk CF cards. Yesterday, I received an email telling me that "due to a system error" or something like that, the cards were out of stock and I could either wait until new stock arrived (no date given), or could contact them through their website and request a refund.

Now, all business/people make mistakes, and I've given them the benefit of the doubt at least twice so far, but the same thing has happened three orders on the trot, and it's becoming tiresome.

At the time I made the order, according to the ebay listing, they had "more than 10" in stock, and their own website was showing stock levels as "Plenty".....obviously they have absolutely no control over their stock or any clue about what they actually have in stock to sell, and just keep taking peoples money and deal with any resulting trouble at a later time and date!! :shrug: What a great way to run a business.....:thumbsdown:

Anyway, Here's the cherry on the cake.....

I asked for a refund as I'd rather not give them another penny of my money.....and so got in touch with them both through ebay, and through their website, as suggested by them, to request a refund. The memory cards cost £19.49 each. I ordered two of them for £38.98. So why on earth have they refunded me £17.99......:thinking:

I've messaged them back and asked them to confirm why they have chosen that amount.....still waiting for a reply!! :|

Thanks for that Damien, whilst It doesn't help you in the slightest, it does me as was about to order 2 of the same cards.

Think i'll try mymemory instead comparable prices, unless you know otherwise.

Lee

Never used them before, but that's where I'll be going once I've sorted my refund.....(y)

Same experience as Damien. Ordered two batteries, using their eBay store for the first time, plenty of stock showing on their website and out of stock message received the next day.

I find it annoying that they hold the money with an eBay order but do not say when the product is due.

Wish I had used their website as usual but didn't have my password with me when I ordered them.

I've used MyMemory a lot and they are fast and efficient. My only gripe is that they have a tendency to be 'out of stock' of Items that are very well priced too often,but if they have it you'll get it quickly.

It's probably no consolation, but I'm in the middle of a similar random refund saga with Warehouse Express / WEX who seem unable to get the right figure, despite several phone calls, emails and even a face-to-face discussion at a photo show. Oh well, I guess I'll have to get the credit card company involved and then the small claims court - at even more expense for WEX.

Chris

I looked at buying some stuff from this site, always felt apprehensive. Glad I didn't now.

In their defence, they sorted my refund out pretty quickly today.....just a shame it has to get to that stage time after time after time!!

Had a quick hunt around today for another seller and found that Amazon are doing the exact same cards for £17.49 including delivery......thank you please!!! :D

I must have been lucky, i've shopped with them quite extensively over the last few years and only ran into one problem when a Duracell CF card went from in to out of stock as i ordered, was offered a refund but decided to let it run and it turned up about 3 weeks later.
I must point out though I've always ordered from the website not from ebay (not that should make a difference).

Darren

PS: I can highly recommend the Duracell CF cards, never had a single problem with them over the last 2 years and they get hammered during the football season.

If its purchased through ebay using paypal, then surely the best bet would be put in a report to ebay about the listed item, stating it as fraudulant listing activities (as they are taking money while stating the item will be sent out in 2-3 days when they actually have no stock)
Then leave negative feedback and leave: This seller is charging people for items they dont even have is stock, Avoid like the plague.
Then claim the refund through ebay/paypal.

I dont see how a company should be able to mess you about and then sweep it under the carpet so no one else finds out and falls in the same trap.
Name and shame them i say.

I've been using 7dayshop for over 10 years and the worst thats happened to me was a few days delay when there was all the snow in winter 2010/2011 and the airport was closed. I've only recently found them on ebay, and that was by accident when I was looking for something else.

I've bought from the website dozens of times without a problem, but never tried buying through eBay.

Guys be very careful buying batteries from 7dayshop. This is what happened to me:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bfenech/381952576/

The charger wasn't a fast charger and was from a reputable brand. The battery in the photo was welded in the charger, another one was projected to the other side of the room, and was very very hot. We were lucky that nobody was in the same room at the same time.

I contacted 7dayshop...they couldn't be bothered. Because they are not based in the UK, they are very hard to charge for damages.

....paragraph deleted...people think my claim is unfounded and irrisponsible.

Mine could have been an isolated case, but for the sake of a few quid, is it worth it?

Last edited:
It's well known that 7dayshop essentially rebrand "QC rejects" from battery factories in China...batteries that fail the stringent QC of reputable brands.

Is it?
That's quite a claim to make, have you any evidence to support it?

Benfenech said:
It's well known that 7dayshop essentially rebrand "QC rejects" from battery factories in China...batteries that fail the stringent QC of reputable brands.

That statement is unfair without any evidence.

I have used them without any problems before.

Only 'problem' I've ever had with 7DS is that they always seem to take the full 7 days to deliver :)

Epic fun when I put in a £400 order for film (when it was mostly less than £2/roll) for a group buy at work. Woke up one Saurday morning to plop-plop-plop-plop noise of post being delivered... postie was standing outside dropping 150 individually packed films through the letterbox one by one... not the brightest candle that postie :)

Is it?
That's quite a claim to make, have you any evidence to support it?

Unfortunately not, it's not in the factory's interest to lose such a large client (7dayshop do shift a large number of batteries), and chinese industry is very secretive in general.

For those who don't have experience in manufacturing, if a product fails a QC check, it doesn't mean it doesn't work or it's going to explode. It simply means it doesn't pass the specification of the client. But it can easily pass the specification of another client who wants to shift larger numbers, who has less of a reputation to lose, or cannot easily be held accountable.

I have nothing against Chinese products...I have products by Pixel, Jinbei & Godox which I'm very happy with. I just want people to be aware that saving a couple of quid on rechargeable batteries could end up nasty.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not, it's not in the factory's interest to lose such a large client (7dayshop do shift a large number of batteries), and chinese industry is very secretive in general.

For those who don't have experience in manufacturing, if a product fails a QC check, it doesn't mean it doesn't work or it's going to explode. It simply means it doesn't pass the specification of the client. But it can easily pass the specification of another client who wants to shift larger numbers, who has less of a reputation to lose, or cannot easily be held accountable.

I have nothing against Chinese products...I have products by Pixel, Jinbei & Godox which I'm very happy with. I just want people to be aware that saving a couple of quid on rechargeable batteries could end up nasty.

The claim is from a guy I know

So you make what is basically an outrageous claim which could affect the commercial intertests of this company without a shred of evidence, except that you heard it from 'a guy you know'.
Totally irresponsible!

gramps said:
So you make what is basically an outrageous claim which could affect the commercial intertests of this company without a shred of evidence, except that you heard it from 'a guy you know'.
Totally irresponsible!

Well unfortunately when I contacted 7dayshop they just shrugged their shoulders. It would have been nice if they offered me a tour of their supplier factory to reassure me that they take quality and safety seriously, and so that I can dispel my shred of evidence (or lack thereof as you say).

It always amuses me when people get so protective of businesses, especially those that lack good customer service. All I was trying to do is share my experience, and my understanding on how they source things. If you think it's rubbish, that's up to you.

I posted my recent experience in response to the experience of Damien.

I have bought other items, including batteries, from them without issue. I accept their delivery is a few days more than other suppliers too. Been waiting for the battery I wanted to come in to stock so accept others may have been doing the same as well.

Perhaps I should do as someone has suggested and leave negative feedback but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Would prefer them to offer refund; miffed they expect me to contact them to arrange it when the best customer service practise would be to refund once they cannot fulfil the order.

Lesson learnt; will not use eBay site again.

It would have been nice if they offered me a tour of their supplier factory to reassure me that they take quality and safety seriously, and so that I can dispel my shred of evidence (or lack thereof as you say).

Think i`ll try that with lambourghini..........(y)

It always amuses me when people get so protective of businesses, especially those that lack good customer service. All I was trying to do is share my experience, and my understanding on how they source things. If you think it's rubbish, that's up to you.

My experience has been totally the opposite with 7DS but, as with almost all suppliers, experiences will be varied.
However making unfounded accusations of supplying sub-standard products is something quite different, possibly libelous!
Your single experience with one battery is unfortunate but you will probably recall a somewhat similar issue some years ago with Sony laptop batteries spontaneously catching fire, then just recently Nikon issued a recall on some of their new D4/D800 batteries - based on your argument Sony & Nikon would be suppliers to avoid ... clearly nonsense.

gramps said:
My experience has been totally the opposite with 7DS but, as with almost all suppliers, experiences will be varied.
However making unfounded accusations of supplying sub-standard products is something quite different, possibly libelous!
Your single experience with one battery is unfortunate but you will probably recall a somewhat similar issue some years ago with Sony laptop batteries spontaneously catching fire, then just recently Nikon issued a recall on some of their new D4/D800 batteries - based on your argument Sony & Nikon would be suppliers to avoid ... clearly nonsense.

Aha, interesting you mention that! What was Nikon's/ Sony's response to problematic batteries? A recall/ extensive replacement programme, plus no doubt a full investigation of why it happened and how it can be avoided in the future. 7daysshop's response of my incident was.... SHRUG.

What is a sub-standard battery? Which standards does it fail to meet? All I was claiming was that 7dayshop's batteries do not achieve the same specs as reputable brands, and I was questioning whether its worth it for the sake of a few quid. Of course the big brands get it wrong sometimes as well, however they take full responsibility for it.

I think the first paragraph of the About Us - FAQ on the 7dayshop website says it all really.

I think I'll leave it there. Btw I removed my claim from my first post given that it didn't go down very well.

Last edited:
Aha, interesting you mention that! What was Nikon's/ Sony's response to problematic batteries? A recall/ extensive replacement programme, plus no doubt a full investigation of why it happened and how it can be avoided in the future.

snip

Btw I removed my claim from my first post given that it didn't go down very well.

After hundreds if not thousands had complained perhaps, certainly not after only one. If there was a serious problem with those 7ds batteries it would be all over the internet by now when in fact the opposite is true.

You've clearly had a problem with yours but maybe it was a problem with the charger, you said above that the charger was a good make but the pictures you link to show an unbranded generic looking device.

Benfenech said:
Because they are not based in the UK, they are very hard to charge for damages.

Aren't they in Guernsey?

Must admit as I'm into my strobist stuff I do use a lot of batteries. All of which are from 7dayshop. I use three good quality chargers that charge cells individually and regularly recondition the batteries.

I've just ordered an Intenso Rainbow 32Gb memory stick from 7dayshop @ £11.49 and this is pretty much the same as the one Ebuyer were punting earlier today at £11.99. The difference (and it's a biggie) is that Ebuyer's "free" delivery to the Highlands is £8 while 7dayshop's "free" delivery is ..... FREE!!! :clap:(y)

I hate it when companies charge for delivery to the "highlands"
I live a few miles past Aberdeen and am routinely classed as being in the highlands.:wacky:

Never had any issues with 7 day shop apart from them taking the seven days to deliver - but hey its in their name (y)

I thought it was HP laptop batteries not sony

Rebel t3i said:
I thought it was HP laptop batteries not sony

Think it's happened to most of them. Apple had the same problem a few years ago too.

I actually quite like 7DS and had no problems from them yet been ordering film and ink from them for about 3 years and their stock list has been pretty accurate for me. :/
Though I'm pretty easy going, if they email me saying no stock i'd be happy to wait since they've told me rather than waiting for me to email them like some other suppliers.

Tinkie said:
I posted my recent experience in response to the experience of Damien.

I have bought other items, including batteries, from them without issue. I accept their delivery is a few days more than other suppliers too. Been waiting for the battery I wanted to come in to stock so accept others may have been doing the same as well.

Perhaps I should do as someone has suggested and leave negative feedback but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt at the moment. Would prefer them to offer refund; miffed they expect me to contact them to arrange it when the best customer service practise would be to refund once they cannot fulfil the order.

Lesson learnt; will not use eBay site again.

Got back from holiday on Saturday to find batteries have been delivered at last. Not impressed given I ordered then during April to use on holiday.

Back