B&W Morning Walkies

Oh I like this a lot.
The pooch and walker really make it.

Took a road trip to St.Mary's, I got the usual sunrise stuff which while nice probably isn't much of an improvement on other stuff there. This was the last picture I took handheld before leaving, after a bit of tweaking I'm pleased how this has come up:

Walkies by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr
Thanks Ruth sods law the throwaway shot I take ends up being the best one lol

I agree with Ruth and you've got the dog at exactly the right moment against the white sand. The sky really makes the photo for me as the soft layers are a good contrast to the hard stone and concrete.

Actually I think that sepia frame really works well too! Love the processing Stuart could almost have been taken 50 years ago! Like Andy I normally try and keep people out of my shots but this is a classic example of how much it adds
Well shot, great work(y)

Actually I think that sepia frame really works well too! Love the processing Stuart could almost have been taken 50 years ago! Like Andy I normally try and keep people out of my shots but this is a classic example of how much it adds
Well shot, great work(y)
Thanks Steve glad I've got the processing right with this one - this was the best sunrise one I got FWIW:

St Marys Sunrise by Stuart McGlennon, on Flickr

Wow now that is a spanker Mate! Love the subtle tint across the water. The strong diagonals really make this work well too. I think clouds when there streaming like that really make a great image and the colours are great. Beautiful light and I think the whiteness of the wave breaking on the shore line just add another nice element and almost a lead in to the light house .... Nice Work again mate.

Wow now that is a spanker Mate! Love the subtle tint across the water. The strong diagonals really make this work well too. I think clouds when there streaming like that really make a great image and the colours are great. Beautiful light and I think the whiteness of the wave breaking on the shore line just add another nice element and almost a lead in to the light house .... Nice Work again mate.
Thanks, the sunset was quite spectacular, the problem I had with it being my first time there was I wasn't sure where the best composition was so I spent a bit too much time fannying around looking for the right spot, i'll do better next time. There was a guy behind me camped on the hill flying a drone, I didn't realise til' it whizzed past my camera what it was, it was that loud I thought someone was cutting grass at 5am! Only later when I got home I saw a post on facebook and it was Thomas Heaton, I wish I'd had 5mins to pick his brain I really love some of the stuff I've seen of his on YouTube.

as has already been said having the dog and owner in the shot really add to it, adds some action for want of a better description and the pp works very well in this shot- lovely

Thanks, the sunset was quite spectacular, the problem I had with it being my first time there was I wasn't sure where the best composition was so I spent a bit too much time fannying around looking for the right spot, i'll do better next time. There was a guy behind me camped on the hill flying a drone, I didn't realise til' it whizzed past my camera what it was, it was that loud I thought someone was cutting grass at 5am! Only later when I got home I saw a post on facebook and it was Thomas Heaton, I wish I'd had 5mins to pick his brain I really love some of the stuff I've seen of his on YouTube.
That's always an issue when you visit a location for the first time isn't it. You never quite know how things are going to pan out, and sometimes you only get one pop at it which can be bloody annoying. I had one of those recently at a poppy field when this massive cloud anchored itself right over the sun and didn't move till way past sunset:( joys of landscape photography! I don't look at Facebook much tbh but I will check out Thomas Heatons page(n)

after a bit of tweaking I'm pleased how this has come up

I may not have taken this very path for the final
publishing but your choices lead to an appealing
and credible rendition.

Great subject and coherent approach.

2 lovely images.

The human and dog interest in the first image really add a lot to it and also provide a story. I like the processing. I would maybe crop a little from the top but that's just a personal thing for me as it works fine as it is. It looks even better on Flickr.

Love the second image too. (y)

That's always an issue when you visit a location for the first time isn't it. You never quite know how things are going to pan out, and sometimes you only get one pop at it which can be bloody annoying. I had one of those recently at a poppy field when this massive cloud anchored itself right over the sun and didn't move till way past sunset:( joys of landscape photography! I don't look at Facebook much tbh but I will check out Thomas Heatons page(n)
Yeah check it out I don't use Facebook much either but I'd been pointed his way from a friend regarding his YouTube videos which have a nice common sense approach to landscapes. I believe the masthead image on Flickr recently (think the catbells one with a green tent, everyone will have seen it) was one of his images. Seems like a nice bloke as well.

2 lovely images.

The human and dog interest in the first image really add a lot to it and also provide a story. I like the processing. I would maybe crop a little from the top but that's just a personal thing for me as it works fine as it is. It looks even better on Flickr.

Love the second image too. (y)
Thanks alot Dale

Back