Most popular on flickr?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
6914664496_b9dfa3d7e6_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

This one taken at Crich 1940s re-enactment on Sunday.

7073664811_467236bf45_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
7073664803_5504be6352_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Happy Girls closely followed by Pair Of Scallywags were my most viewed yesterday.

Jeff, this thread is for your most popular on Flickr, not the the most viewed. The thread for most viewed (yesterday) is here.

Jeff, this thread is for your most popular on Flickr, not the the most viewed. The thread for most viewed (yesterday) is here.

Thanks Ricardo for pointing out my stupid error.:bang:

Guys, once again, this is not a thread about your most viewed. It's about your most popular.

Whats the difference? And it would be good for those who dont know, how to find the most popular dont you think??

Whats the difference? And it would be good for those who dont know, how to find the most popular dont you think??

No need to get snotty Del. All you need do is refer to Flickr. Seeing as you asked I shall explain.

You most viewed photo is the one that has been "VIEWED the MOST times". If there's anything unclear about that, let me know.

With regards to your most popular Flickr say There are lots of elements that make something 'interesting' (or not) on Flickr. Where the clickthroughs are coming from; who comments on it and when; who marks it as a favorite; its tags and many more things which are constantly changing. Interestingness changes over time, as more and more fantastic content and stories are added to Flickr.

On your photostream page (I only know that this applies to Flickr Pro accounts, as I don't have a basic account so I know don't know about them) there is a row of clickable words that say:

Collections Sets Galleries Tags People Map Archives Favorites Popular Profile

Click the one that says popular and hey presto you will see your most popular. This can be different to your most viewed.

Once again, if you want to show your most viewed on a daily basis, then go here.

No need to get snotty Del. All you need do is refer to Flickr. Seeing as you asked I shall explain.

You most viewed photo is the one that has been "VIEWED the MOST times". If there's anything unclear about that, let me know.

With regards to your most popular Flickr say There are lots of elements that make something 'interesting' (or not) on Flickr. Where the clickthroughs are coming from; who comments on it and when; who marks it as a favorite; its tags and many more things which are constantly changing. Interestingness changes over time, as more and more fantastic content and stories are added to Flickr.

On your photostream page (I only know that this applies to Flickr Pro accounts, as I don't have a basic account so I know don't know about them) there is a row of clickable words that say:

Collections Sets Galleries Tags People Map Archives Favorites Popular Profile

Click the one that says popular and hey presto you will see your most popular. This can be different to your most viewed.

Once again, if you want to show your most viewed on a daily basis, then go here.

Im not getting snotty at all it was a genuine question, for those who dont know where to look can be a bit confusing, look at the first post of the thread, it doesnt explain at all.

Anyway changed the image now. And thanks for your help.

Last edited:
My 'most popular' if rated by number of folk that call it a favouritre.

6878774535_1c4c9b67b7_z.jpg

dinners said:

Not necessarily your most popular according to how Flickr measure it though.

Not necessarily your most popular according to how Flickr measure it though.

Under the 'popular' tab I can choose to view what's considered popular by: Interesting, Views, Favourites or Comments.

I'm not sure if the number of 'views' or the number of 'comments' actually count for much or 'Interesting' come to think of it.

Is there a way to see what shots Flickr considers 'Popular' once Interesting, Views, Favourites and Comments have gone through the sausage machine ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments on my pic. I cant take the credit for the idea, its a homage to the great photographer Erwin Blumenfeld and the cover of his biography eye to I.

Mart.

Great, then I would love to give that a try. New on here as i am sure you can see and nearly fell off my chair when i realised what was going on!

Some folks on flickr have odd taste but there are some uttery awesome and inspiring shots as well.

I've just created an account on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/colin3156/ but it's just a basic account.
Can I see what my most popular pic is with this account or do I need to go pro.

I only have a few pics in it just now to get me started.

I don't know to be honest. What happens when you follow the instructions as to how to find your most interesting that were posted earlier in the thread?

I don't know to be honest. What happens when you follow the instructions as to how to find your most interesting that were posted earlier in the thread?

I've just found it. I can view the most popular but in saying that, I only uploaded them a few minutes ago so my stats read as ZERO :LOL:

This thread has certainly been running a while!

The most popular (by a long way) on my photostream is this one :)

Last edited:
Back