motion picture

Edit My Images
Yes
I`m going to another rally in week or so and was wondering how to take better photos of the cars, the last ones I took had no real feel of speed, which meant adding motion blur, which is all good fun and nice to learn, but I'd like to take the picture better in the first place.

i have to admit that last time i hade the camera set to the sport setting so tha camera did everything for me.

Thanks

ah, good old sport setting,
this set the shutter speed high to ' feeze ' the motion,
you will need to slow the shutter speed down slightly from the sport setting and learn to pan with the car as it drives past,

this is a hard (or can be ) tecnique to master to start with,
so take some with your sport setting and some with your manual settings, so you at least dont get a card full of rubish on an outing,

if you are close enough a good burst of rear sinc flash will help this effect to, if its an option

hope this helps

BB

You can practice "panning" on normal day traffic, so by the time your next rally comes, you'll be dab hand :)

Well I'd put it in shutter priority at about 1/250th as long as you've got enought light for that speed.

Is it daytime or nighttime?

DJW said:
You can practice "panning" on normal day traffic, so by the time your next rally comes, you'll be dab hand :)

top tip there :thumb:

MyPix

Shutter priority, and experiment with shutter speed.
If you have a dedicated flash and your going to use it, set it up for 2nd curtain sync.

Be carefull, I was nearly collected by an angry 4x4 at the last event I went to.

Matt said:
Shutter priority, and experiment with shutter speed.
If you have a dedicated flash and your going to use it, set it up for 2nd curtain sync.

Be carefull, I was nearly collected by an angry 4x4 at the last event I went to.

no chance of geting collected by anything as its going to be held up a Croft circuit, which means you can`t get to close, I haven`t been to a "proper" rally since the networkQ "rally of great (Wales) Im mean Britain" went to wales

will have to go again sometime

Back