motorbikes old/new...open thread??

I'd love an old Bonnie - ideally a '63 (same age as me!) but I'm not sure I could reliably kickstart one these days. Current stable is 3 of the modern variety.

These two are mine.
From opposite ends of the spectrum.

View attachment 403931View attachment 403929
wOw - I had a test-ride on a CrossTourer a good five years ago, it totally blew me away, that V-4 engine is such a peach.
As smooth as Italian Silk.

I used to own a BlackBird around 17yrs ago, fabulous stealth machine.

Two brilliant choices there, awesome. Honda Quality.....!

Last edited:

Shame it's unlikely to be ridden. A mate has one in the same colours - a USA import. Almost completed the restoration but needs a few hard to find (and expensive!) bits to finish it. He's a bit torn between getting it absolutely correct or very good but rideable.

i was at the classic bike show at Stafford yesterday , some of the rusty heaps of s***e for sale ( and selling) was unbelievable, and going for lots of money, this thing was up for near 2k, some were a lot worse

scrapper.jpg

That'll probably turn up at Shepton Mallet next year!

One for us (or the Australians!) - chair's on the wrong side for most of Europe and NA.

Much as I'd still love one, I can't justify that many £ on a toy, especially one that's that heavy to push around! Significantly easier than the older one though.

Just needs a 3" open Primo primary belt, a 2 1/2" SU and straight through pipes... :)

Back