Motorbikes

im sure i goosed one of my cameras by putting it in a tank bag, paranoid me now mainly uses a sling shot rucksack with the camera in nowadays, downside of this is if i crash theres a chance il hurt myself more as ive a huge hard object on my spine and il break the camera,decisions decisions.. i do have a big bit of deep foam cut out to take a camera but the size of the bag im limited to the size of lens i can use, hence why i again use the rucksack more ...you take your chances

TBH, I usually only carry a compact if I'm on a bike but do have a messenger style bag that would go in a pannier should I decide to take some better kit.

im sure i goosed one of my cameras by putting it in a tank bag, paranoid me now mainly uses a sling shot rucksack with the camera in nowadays, downside of this is if i crash theres a chance il hurt myself more as ive a huge hard object on my spine and il break the camera,decisions decisions.. i do have a big bit of deep foam cut out to take a camera but the size of the bag im limited to the size of lens i can use, hence why i again use the rucksack more ...you take your chances
I've travelled literally thousands of miles with that tank bag and domke in it never had any breakages or issues.

TBH, I usually only carry a compact if I'm on a bike but do have a messenger style bag that would go in a pannier should I decide to take some better kit.
Normally I'm the same Nod I just take a Fuji X100T & bits n a small Domke belt pouch, this time though I had some shots I wanted in town so wanted more flexibility.

Domke 2 upload.JPG

1712998755011.jpeg

camera bag goes in a side box ,walking clothes and boots goes in the other boxes , when I get there I change out of biking gear which goes into the boxes

View attachment 419938

camera bag goes in a side box ,walking clothes and boots goes in the other boxes , when I get there I change out of biking gear which goes into the boxes
I sometimes whish I had lockable boxes for one of my bikes but sadly not. The beauty of the Tank Bag arrangement I use is the camera is easy access for driveby shootings (of the photographic type).

I sometimes whish I had lockable boxes for one of my bikes but sadly not. The beauty of the Tank Bag arrangement I use is the camera is easy access for driveby shootings (of the photographic type).
Yes see what you mean a tank bag is perfect for when you’re out riding and see a shot can just stop and get out the camera

Back