Motorbikes

Is world travel on a bike still possible?

The "wrong way round" doesn't make sense atm but what about the "wrong way down"?

Do you really need an office and fixers to make such a journey on your own?

Idle thoughts after a s***ty week :/

Is world travel on a bike still possible?

The "wrong way round" doesn't make sense atm but what about the "wrong way down"?

Do you really need an office and fixers to make such a journey on your own?

Idle thoughts after a s***ty week :/

I‘m following a couple of couples on Instagram that are doing it. One of them left the U.K. a few days ago hoping to be the youngest couple to circumnavigate the globe two up.

I‘m following a couple of couples on Instagram that are doing it. One of them left the U.K. a few days ago hoping to be the youngest couple to circumnavigate the globe two up.

I lost interest after "Instagram"...

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 2.54.44 PM.jpg

2 booked in for MoTs next Saturday and new battery fitted to the other one. Despite almost no use for the past year, the one with the new battery started first push of the button (after a whirl to get some oil pumped round). Cue the weather changing for the worse...

2 booked in for MoTs next Saturday and new battery fitted to the other one. Despite almost no use for the past year, the one with the new battery started first push of the button (after a whirl to get some oil pumped round). Cue the weather changing for the worse...

Don't you dare move your mot, I'm hoping to get out on Thursday!

I fancy a vegi chilli and baked spud at the olde naked man in Settle followed by a blast to ribblehead and maybe the coast if I can manage it :)

• Haha
Reactions: Nod
Anybody know what the feeling on the street is regarding the Triumph brand and the latest Bonneville range?
Whats unique about Triumph and whats the coolest thing about the Bonneville range.
(Its for an advertising strategy)
Cheers

Last edited:
I sold my Ruroc helmet. It was the most expensive one I’d bought, but I just didn’t like it.
However I couldn’t have a gap in the helmet all so I replaced it with this Viper.

It arrived today. I’m liking it!

View attachment 351288
How do you go about making sure you get the right size?

Anybody know what the feeling on the street is regarding the Triumph brand and the latest Bonneville range?
Whats unique about Triumph and whats the coolest thing about the Bonneville range.
(Its for an advertising strategy)
Cheers

Slight disquiet over them being made in Thailand rather than being "British" but it doesn't seem to put many people off (and the same goes for other manufacturers - look at Royal Enfield's success with their Indian built range!)
What's unique? Nothing really, they're parallel twins that look like those built in the '60s and '70s (and beyond!), with added oil tightness (well, not 100% but they don't sign their names at every halt these days!) which is the cool part! They're fast enough to be fun but not so fast that you try to beat your "lap time" on every ride... Oh, and the sound of a largeish twin.

Slight disquiet over them being made in Thailand rather than being "British" but it doesn't seem to put many people off (and the same goes for other manufacturers - look at Royal Enfield's success with their Indian built range!)
What's unique? Nothing really, they're parallel twins that look like those built in the '60s and '70s (and beyond!), with added oil tightness (well, not 100% but they don't sign their names at every halt these days!) which is the cool part! They're fast enough to be fun but not so fast that you try to beat your "lap time" on every ride... Oh, and the sound of a largeish twin.
Do they manufacture their own engines again?

First time back on the bike this afternoon after I picked it up from a mate who had been fitting some new tyres on it, only 7 miles but it felt good, might go out tomorrow morning for a wee breakfast...good to be back

Quick 100 miles for breakfast in North Wales today, New tyres so took it easy..so so good to be back on the bike, got my grandsons birthday party tomorrow bit il be out for another short run Sunday to a bike show, then probably have a bigger day out Tuesday or Wednesday, get myself match fit for Scotland in 3 weeks

Quick 100 miles for breakfast in North Wales today, New tyres so took it easy..so so good to be back on the bike, got my grandsons birthday party tomorrow bit il be out for another short run Sunday to a bike show, then probably have a bigger day out Tuesday or Wednesday, get myself match fit for Scotland in 3 weeks
I was out today in north wales was a nice day and roads weren’t too busy

That was my problem with the Rocket III. The new version is a fair bit lighter but it's still a big lump to shift around!

Well my big bike riding is over ( I hurt my back ) so will be selling my Harley in the next week or so, to be honest the weight of it has been a probelm from the start it's easy to ride but hard to move around when not riding .
Rob
View: https://flic.kr/p/2mEKYnt
A shame , I know what you mean though it can be hard work getting a heavy bike out of and back in the garage, I’ve always liked the idea of a Harley big twin but I think I’d struggle with the weight now , my Suzuki bandit is as heavy as I want to manage now

Well it's now sold, i sent some photos to the dealer where i bought it from told him my price and he said yes we can do that I will miss it but very happy with the deal.
Rob.

Years ago I used to scrub in new tyres with a wire brush, too bloody expensive now to waste a couple of hundred miles!

Yep, that was £246 out of the bank account.
I also just tanked up, which was over £30.

Years ago I used to scrub in new tyres with a wire brush, too bloody expensive now to waste a couple of hundred miles!
I've never confessed to anyone that I used to do that too!
Years ago 1980's I bought a brand new Suzuki sports bike, collected it on a rainy day and the staff came to watch me ride off into the distance on its Japanese tyres that weren't any good on the dry, let alone in the wet, let alone brand new. I got about 3 metres before it went over and straight into the repair shop. Nothing major, just a bunch of expensive plastic fairing bits...

Well my big bike riding is over ( I hurt my back ) so will be selling my Harley in the next week or so, to be honest the weight of it has been a probelm from the start it's easy to ride but hard to move around when not riding .
Rob
View: https://flic.kr/p/2mEKYnt

Sorry to hear this, must be quite a blow :(

I couldn't move my bike into it's parking spot without my dynamoto stands and I have to pay attention to where I park so I don't look a tw@t when it gets stuck :/

I'm still putting off the decision to change but that's a different can of worms, in the meantime I'm sliding towards someone who's bike does hundereds of miles between mots instead of tens of thousands :(

Last edited:
another 115 miles in north wales out for breakfast at the excellent old stores motorbike cafe, tyres nicely scrubbed in and brake pads bedded in, life is good

I've never confessed to anyone that I used to do that too!
Years ago 1980's I bought a brand new Suzuki sports bike, collected it on a rainy day and the staff came to watch me ride off into the distance on its Japanese tyres that weren't any good on the dry, let alone in the wet, let alone brand new. I got about 3 metres before it went over and straight into the repair shop. Nothing major, just a bunch of expensive plastic fairing bits...
I think tyres have improved nowadays, the releasing agent use to be like glass. I remember blueing a brand new rear tyre having a spirited race on my 1000RX against a GXR back in the 80's

Back