Motorbikes

Are you considering something smaller?
I do have a Honda silver wing although it's been off the road 8 years , I might have a look at the Yamaha Tricity 3 wheel joby as something a bit diffrent and easy to move - Not sure yet .
Rob.

2 MoTs down, one to go!

Another great 260 miles in the lake district today, I had originally planned on going over the hardknott and wrynose passes but the Fred Whitton was on and going against the flow of 2000 cyclists had me have a quick change of plan and saw me go over austhwaite honister and kirkstone, felt good on the bike and back to full strength considering I was clinically dead for a whilst 3 weeks ago..roll on Scotland in 2 weeks

20220508_132157.jpg

A few from the car park at a local hillclimbing event.

A ratty BMW of some sort

DSCF5912.JPG

The Norton single that was parked beside it

DSCF5913.JPG

and one for the stinkwheelers!!! :p ;)

DSCF5929.JPG

The day before the (abortive) VSCC meeting we went to was the 500 club meeting and I'm guessing this was competing then.

Excellent long ride out to Vernwy today. .

Not sure if I'm imagining this or not...

Passed through 4300 miles, having bought the bike with 3200, and something happened. The motor seemed to loosen up, pick up its skirts and really start to shine. The engine note also seemed to alter a bit. Not the exhaust note so much, but the sound of the engine. It seemed to sweeten somehow.

Anyway, might just be me but after today I think this might be a keeper. And I wasn't sure.

Popped into a local accessory and clothing place to look for some winter gloves. My cunning plan is that they might be cheaper in the summer.

They didn't have any that would comfortably fit over the sleeves of my jacket and the chap was not very forthcoming with assistance, to put it mildly.

Obviously loads of winter gloves to be found online but I can't tell if they'll go over the sleeves or not.

Any suggestions? My current gloves are very short and go under the sleeves and the jacket is an Oxford Holwell, if that helps.

Gentle trundle yesterday afternoon/evening. Only about 55 miles or so over a couple of hours but after a couple of years of not much saddle time, it was about right.

im off to do 1500 miles tour around northern england and Scotland next monday, east to west...weathers looking good, 8 of us going and cant wait...i cant wait that much i think il shoot up there this wednesday to friday too, just for a quick blast on my own...bring it on

Popped into a local accessory and clothing place to look for some winter gloves. My cunning plan is that they might be cheaper in the summer.

They didn't have any that would comfortably fit over the sleeves of my jacket and the chap was not very forthcoming with assistance, to put it mildly.

Obviously loads of winter gloves to be found online but I can't tell if they'll go over the sleeves or not.

Any suggestions? My current gloves are very short and go under the sleeves and the jacket is an Oxford Holwell, if that helps.

in rain i prefer gloves under the jacket or the rain just runs down your coat into the glove , when its dry i prefer them out just because its easier, my main gloves are Held race-tex gortex gloves, ive had them 2 years, not winter weight, not summer either just right with heated grips, very comfy, made out of supple cowhide and kangaroo palms and as long as you tuck them in the jacket sleeve as mentioned totally waterproof, dont think you can get them any more as they have been superseded but i will not hesitate to buy held gortex gloves again ,

Well my big bike riding is over ( I hurt my back ) so will be selling my Harley in the next week or so, to be honest the weight of it has been a probelm from the start it's easy to ride but hard to move around when not riding .
Rob
View: https://flic.kr/p/2mEKYnt
Just after I posted this I rang the dealer I bought it from told him my price and he said yes we can do that :) they just came checked it over and said all is ok so it's gone now shame but it had to go.
Rob.

• Sad
Reactions: Nod
Depending on the type of riding you do, you might get on with a smaller, lighter bike - my Bonnie Bobber is so light to push around compared to the Rocket III, it's unreal! NOT practical in any way though - carrying capacity is one person with luggage space being pockets!

Yes a lighter bike is a lot easier to manage my 350 LC is so light and it’s dead easy to wheel into the garage , my suzukI 1250 bandit feels bloody heavy in comparison

for some reason I couldn’t add text to my post
Anyway Mot done on the Z750 putting it back on the road not ridden it for a while

Just returned from my annual trip with my 3 mates. This year we went to Nazaré in Portugal. Ferry from Portsmouth to Santander, then lots of amazing empty roads through beautiful scenery (and nice dams) down to Portugal and eventually Nazaré.

We had a wide variety of bikes. My Yamaha Tenere 700, a BMW R1200 GSA, BMW XR900, and Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory. We had a blast. 3 nights in Nazaré to rest and recuperate before heading back north again. No spectacular 100’ waves at Nazaré in summer unfortunately, but a nice seaside spot nontheless. The bikes were all epic, no issues whatsoever.

FD63D2DC-6DF6-4355-AA5A-EB7E0B896D8F.jpeg

home from a 12 hour shift in work to pack my bags to get back to Scotland for a week round the north coast, i only came back from southern Scotland...friday night...i was awake till 04.30 this morning with the excitement, not good when your up ar 6 for work...1500 miles and i cant wait

Just ordered a Sealey MCL500 bike lift to get the things up to a height where I can clean them properly without having to kneel or bend too far. Not sure when it'll arrive - completely forgot about the upcoming disruption to normality next week. I'll post some pics of it in use along with my impressions of it once it's up and running.

MOT time for the "stock" Bonnie tomorrow.

Last edited:
Spent the day with my daughter today, so a total of 270 miles done. The way back was mentally exhausting. Horrific traffic on the M4. I did 40 miles of filtering in stopped or crawling traffic. My bike is not the slimmest either!

View attachment 355159
I remember coming back from a trip up north (lakes I think or Skye) and we got to Birmingham when the big roadworks were on. We were 2 up with full camping load on a big Harley. I was filtering through the almost stationary traffic for what seemed like ages between middle and outside lane. EventuallyI looked at my speedo and noticed we were doing over 60 mph but I'd been in the filter for so long I hadn't realised the lanes either side of me were no longer crawling............. :oops: :$

Spent the day with my daughter today, so a total of 270 miles done. The way back was mentally exhausting. Horrific traffic on the M4. I did 40 miles of filtering in stopped or crawling traffic. My bike is not the slimmest either!

View attachment 355159

I fitted folding mirrors for filtering, getting past vans is a lot easier.

View attachment 355159

Could be worse, could be a BMW GS!!! It's only looking at a shot of one from above with a Tiger 1200 beside it to see how much wider the Bimmer is!

Only a few miles today, grabbed when I realised that the Bonnie needed fuel before its MOT. Didn't go too much further than the closest fuel station but I don't like Morrison's fuel - I prefer Sainsbury's (plus I get the Nectar points there and they don't need me to take my lid off when I go in to pay!) Passed the MOT with no advisories or problems.
Next few miles were just nipping into town for a quick coffee with Mrs Nod and a little shopping for me - a God Save The Queen T-shirt for next weekend...

Bon et sauf voyage! (Please excuse my execrable "O" level French!)

Baking hot in glorious sunshine here, Ricardo!

Scenery's not so good though (here in Exeter!)

Back