Motorbikes

I would guess that almost all bikes of that ilk have had some sort of topsides/tarmac interface!

That‘s a real bummer. After 2 years, in a public facing role, I have managed to evade it.
Fully jabbed.
Extra filter in my face mask.
Frequent use of hand sanitizer.

Get well soon.
3rd time for me...first was antibody test and it came back positive..I had tested every shift in work prior to this and always came back negative..never knew I had it so must have been before we started testing..second was in October and then today...not had a single symptom in fact I've felt better when I had it than normal ..full PPE,in work and triple jabbed ..more p***ed off that I've got an appointment on Wednesday for orthotics that I've waited 2 months for

273952134_10224241812490277_5779759072848494872_n.jpg

Now I've calmed down a bit...

2019 Honda CB500X
3200 miles
FSH
Extras - Centre stand. Heated grips. Hand Guards. Rear mudgard hugger thingy. Front mudguard extender. Some trickle charge type device that I don't yet understand.

Found 20 miles from me. Private sale. Delivered so I can waddle about clumsily up and down my street until I feel safeish.

Very happy.

The trickle charger is (probably) an Optimate type thing, ideal for keeping batteries topped up during periods of disuse. I have the leads on all my bikes as well as Mrs Nod's MX-5 and I move the charge around them to keep them topped up. I have an Oxford solar charger as well and that delivers enough to keep the bike it's plugged in to charged.

Enjoy!

THIS is a link to the place I usually get my leads from (Link goes straight to the Charger page). If you go down a little, there is a selection of Optimate leads and they're reasonably distinctive. If you buy a charger, it'll come with a battery lead anyway. I used to have a cheaper version of the Optimate until it went Phutt!

Now I've calmed down a bit...

2019 Honda CB500X
3200 miles
FSH
Extras - Centre stand. Heated grips. Hand Guards. Rear mudgard hugger thingy. Front mudguard extender. Some trickle charge type device that I don't yet understand.

Found 20 miles from me. Private sale. Delivered so I can waddle about clumsily up and down my street until I feel safeish.

Very happy.

Congratulations! Now comes the expense of helmet and clothing.

Worth a try, Simon!!!

273884062_159838939731697_1096595182883726964_n.jpg

I was going to spend Friday/Saturday riding around Snowdonia, but due to weather warnings, I have just cancelled the hotel.
I usually ride in all weathers but, looking at the forecast, I just don’t think it would be fun.

Anyone use/used a backrest on a bike? MOT test on Tuesday next week and I'm itching for a ride afterwards but I can't risk doing my back in again, I thought about lashing on some soft luggage as a backrest to test.

Any thoughts?

Not for me as a rider, although I did try to find one for the R III when I had it. Mrs Nod likes the b1tch/cissy bar on the Speedmaster and liked the same on the R III.

Back in the days of rigid rear ends, riders used to wear belts like the ones weightlifters use to give extra back support - not sure if anything similar is available these days.

I have a lifters belt but perhaps I should get a trike ;)

I’ve just ridden from Cardiff to Lutterworth. The most disgusting ride I’ve ever done. Vile weather.

Anyone use/used a backrest on a bike? MOT test on Tuesday next week and I'm itching for a ride afterwards but I can't risk doing my back in again, I thought about lashing on some soft luggage as a backrest to test.

Any thoughts?
have you not got a mate who will take it for you

I’ve done 400 miles on the bike this weekend. The nastiest 400 miles I’ve ridden!

i came over the runcorn bridge yesterday afternoon, interesting to say the least...i've now found out that adrenaline is brown:p

Many years ago, I wrote a song called Brown Adrenaline.

Even longer ago, I was driving East on the A35 over a spot called Asker's Hill and got blown off the road, luckily into the slip area to the motel rather than the ditch. Renault 4s are like sails!!!

NOT to be taken seriously!

"If it ain't a Harley, it ain't s***."

So, conversely, if it is a Harley it is s***. Right?

I wouldn't bring this up at local biker bar, though. :p

272054901_7480503731963410_3988913120420632565_n.jpg

Same here - hoping to get out on mine over the weekend after saving all month for a tank of fuel :D

Similar weather conditions here, mot passed on Tuesday and another short ride tomorrow if it stays dry.

I would go now but it's new cat day here today, I wonder if it will enjoy riding pillion ;)

Same here - hoping to get out on mine over the weekend after saving all month for a tank of fuel :D
Pretty sure i'll be getting mine out tomorrow, been a few weeks....

Bristol Classic Bike show this weekend. Mrs Nod has managed to get someone else to open up the studio so we should get up there reasonably early. Photos to follow (camera on charge.)

Yay - got out for a blat - only 120 miles or so around the Dales but was definitely what the doctor ordered!!

Been for a ride around Lincolnshire, well a small part of it. Ended up at Willingham Woods for a quick cuppa and blueberry muffin.

This was just outside Market Rasen, lovely and dry, not too cold, but bloody windy.

Untitled by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Untitled by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

off to my brothers in newbury for couple of days tuesday...normally 204 miles...seeing as im going on the bike il eek it out to 337 miles through the centre of wales, taking in the gospel pass in the black mounatins...wales's highest road...just booked a few days in skye for the end of march..praying for the weather gods to be kind for that one

Back