Motorbikes

Don't know why I can't get the Crazy Frog "badingdingding" out of my head!!!

After a year on an engine-in-the-back-wheel Honda 'ped (4 stroke), My next bike was a GP 100 which was nicked from outside a mate's front door. Followed by a D7 Bantam which never ran properly and eventually ate the Woodruff key and the crankshaft! Still got the tank for that. After that, a CG 125 saw me through my test and a few more 4 strokes. Spent a while on a mate's RD 350 with 250 side panels and L plates but he ended up putting it (and himself) under an artic on it.

One of the great life mistakes I've made was getting a Honda SS50 instead of an FS-1E.

To this day I can't work out what I was thinking.

Like everything Honda, it's always a safe bet.... I had a 954 Fireblade, best bike I ever had. I commuted on it, did track days, took it to Europe several times, and it was a great Sunday morning bike too. Unfortunately me spraining the medial ligament in my right knee put paid to bikes.....

Tomorrow morning I’ll be installing my new screen. Should be a 15 minute job, but for it to be able to go on I’ll have to change the position of the front camera.
I like a challenge!

Talking of video, I shot Military Road, Isle of Wight on the Tenere 700. Lovely ride!

One of the great life mistakes I've made was getting a Honda SS50 instead of an FS-1E.

Yes the ss50 was a safe bet but the FS1E was the one to get nippy little two stroke vs a slow four stroke with a Honda cub engine

Same here, a blue 4speed. Two of my uncles worked at a Honda dealership in Liverpool so they swayed my choice.
Well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it…
Also had an RD250E, cracking bike and one of those I never should have sold‍:(

Last edited:
Hmm. My first road legal bike was a Puch VZ50. Not quite in the same league as a fizzy.
I rode from Oxford to Bristol on it in the pouring February rain with no proper waterproofs. The girl I went to see wasn't as keen on me as I was her, so the ride back was so much longer..

Last edited:
MZ Simpsons rule!

I'll have to make a point of finding this place, I pop into Damerrels from time to time. Is it on the same estate?
Its in the same car park Steve on the left as you look at Dammerels.

Ah. Clearly I'm blind as well as foolish. I've seen a burger van there a few years ago. Not sure I should be riding a bike if I've not noticed a big building..!

Burger vans are less unlikely to knock you off than big buildings!!!

I had one that was bleedin' 'orrible but got me from A to B. Had a barn door fairing which used to get stuffed with all sorts of cr@p that needed moving around!

I remember those , I used to have an MZ 250 was actually an excellent bike
Yeah, I then followed the Simpson with a CZ175 where the gear leaver flicked back to form the kick starter. All my mates laughed at me but when they were still paying the HP off on their Superdreams and stuff when I passed my test in 1983 I bought a Laverda RGS, they were not laughing then!

Yeah, I then followed the Simpson with a CZ175 where the gear leaver flicked back to form the kick starter. All my mates laughed at me but when they were still paying the HP off on their Superdreams and stuff when I passed my test in 1983 I bought a Laverda RGS, they were not laughing then!
I had a couple of those as well when I was younger couldn’t afford anything else
Decent enough and cheap but wouldn’t ride one now

Burger vans are less unlikely to knock you off than big buildings!!!
Reminds me of that awful joke about 2 blondes who walked into a big building.
You'd have thought that one of them would have seen it.

And in order not to offend anyone note that I didn't say if they were male, female or anything else.. (could have been any colour hair too)

Mrs Nod is blonde and has genuinely walked into M&S... To be fair, it was a bit of M&S that sticks out about a foot onto the pavement and she only brushed it! (And the hair's lightness is helped a bit by chemicals!)

Yesterday a friend and I (he's currently riding a rather lovely CCM) took out a couple of Harleys, courtesy of the lovely guys over at Watford Harley-Davidson. It's immediately adjacent to North London Triumph and both dealerships are actually fantastic. Well done, Lind.

Anyway, the bikes were a Sports Glide with a Stage 1 upgrade to its 1750cc 107 Milwaukee-Eight engine; and a Fat Bob, with an 1870cc 114 Milwaukee-Eight. Both were absolute beasts, though, with the kind of torque that literally has you hanging on for dear life when you give them a little more throttle than "normal". In fact, the upgraded 107 engine would have been boosted by about 10% and - if anything - delivered its power more smoothly than the standard 114.

This was the first time I'd ever ridden a Harley, and whilst the Fat Bob did nothing for me I was blown away by the Sports Glide... what a bike, albeit it's just been replaced by the Low Rider ST with it's 1920cc 117 engine. Getting back on the Tiger later in the day was a totally weird experience, and I was genuinely struggling to find the rear brake lever for a few minutes (which genuinely felt like someone had actually moved it into a different position altogether). This morning, both my legs are really aching too :)

i-2vPDDBS-L.jpg

i-gfGKvvn-L.jpg

i-WG4XtT5-L.jpg

Should have gone next door and tried the Rocket III if you like torque!

Still trying to dispose of assorted stubborn bugs so I can get the bikes MOTed, taxed etc..

Wirral egg run tomorrow, weve had up to 10,000 bikes do it in the past, its not as big nowadays now it's not an official run and the roads are open to cars but we should still have several thousand bikes doing it...Great day out for some good charities

Back