Mouldy zoom!Canon

Edit My Images
No
Can anyone advise me as to what to do with my 35-105 FD macro Canon lens which appears to have marks on one or two of the inner elements.I have changed to digital D.srl now and was getting rid of my A1 and this lens.Is it worth the cost of having this lens serviced?And would anyone know where and approx. how much this servicing would be? :crying::crying::crying:

The Canon UK website has an authorised service facilities locator.

For repairs/service to lenses, it lists:
* Canon UK (Borehamwood): 08705 143 723
* A.J.Johnstone (Glasgow): 0141 221 2106
* Colchester Camera Repair Services (Colchester!): 01206 843 322
* H. Lehmann (Stoke): 01782 413 611

If I were you I'd give one (or more) of them a ring and ask the experts.

Can anyone advise me as to what to do with my 35-105 FD macro Canon lens which appears to have marks on one or two of the inner elements.I have changed to digital D.srl now and was getting rid of my A1 and this lens.Is it worth the cost of having this lens serviced?And would anyone know where and approx. how much this servicing would be? :crying::crying::crying:
I don't know how much it would cost to service your lens , but would think it would be more than it's worth. I think the marks you describe in it sound like fungus spores that are caused by keeping lenses in damp conditions, even if they are cleaned out of lenses they tend to come back, considering how much you can pick one of these up on the internet you're best bet would be to try and sell it as it is.

Back