[Moved to correct Thread]Help with my first camera

Name
Mattais
Edit My Images
Yes
MsjYvqN

Hey guys, I'm so sorry if this is on the wrong section, I'm a first time poster -as I'm so petrified of how bad my photos are I've become somewhat of a closet photo taker that finally wants to come outside.

I've been taking photos with my hauwei p20 pro for ages as the camera isn't actually too bad! above is am example of a photo I took on a recent trip.

The thing is i really want to get better and learn what actually makes us a good photo and I've been looking for a new camera but it's all a bit much looking at specs when I openly admit I don't have a Scooby do what I'm really looking at.

I was looking at two different camera as beginner cameras. The Nikon D3500 Dslr and The Panasonic G7 Mirrorless.

I like the idea of being able to use vintage glass with the Panasonic if which I have a few from the old film days lol and the ability to shoot 4k video if I want too although In not too fussed about that.

I noticed that the Panasonic is 16mp compared to the Nikon which is 24mp. I know it's really not all about pixels but how big would I be able to make a print on the 16mp?

I would love some advice if anyone has any? Im sorry if this is so basic, I'm just super keen to learn and have no idea where to start.

cheers
Mattias
MsjYvqN

Last edited:
Back