Mozilla Query...how to stop reload of Jpegs everytime thread entered

DJW

Edit My Images
Yes
Even though I have Mozilla cache set to 250MB I find everytime I view the fortnightly theme photo thread it reloads all the shots....very annoying. Any ideas what settings I need to change?. I know under IE there is a "force" reload of web pages each time...just can't find the same on Mozilla

its not ctrl F5 then? not sure really, these dodgy open source things....

In Firefox the only thing I can see is cache size. Mine is set at 50mb and I don't have any probs.

Tools/Options/Privacy/ Cache and you see a little box to enter cache size.

CT said:
In Firefox the only thing I can see is cache size. Mine is set at 50mb and I don't have any probs.

Tools/Options/Privacy/ Cache and you see a little box to enter cache size.

Upped that to 250MB but no difference :( ....please don't make me go back to M$ ;)

You do have cookies enabled Dave? :suspect1:

My version of FF is exactly the same. I think it may be to do with either the way the site is encode, or your history settings, mine is set to zero days, to protect my *cough* personal browsing (one handed?) history! Doesn't really bother me as I'm on a 2Mb connection though.

not had that trouble with IE (you got to give me this one guys, i NEVER get to say i dont have a problem with IE)

Look in Tools/Options/Privacy and click "Settings". "Clear private data when closing firefox" should not be ticked.

Another thing to try - type 'about:config' into the address bar - that'll get you into all the advanced preferences etc.

Check the following:

browser.cache.disk.capacity = 50000
browser.cache.disk.enabled = true

Sorted thanks to GFK....your first suggestion was the right area...by default it had "clear cache" at closedown. Unticked & now OK. One for others to watch out for .

Back