Beginner MP4 not playing

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
I made some video using GoPro and they saved MP4 ... They play fine on my computer and on my Laptop.... But most poeple who I gave the videos to are saying they dont play... Is there another format i can convert to thats more backward compatible ..I think they try it on TVs :(

Is there an AVI option? I cant remember the format options, but most PC's will play AVI from memory..... I might be wrong.

They play on mine no problem as I say and yes they play in VLC as well.. but people putting them on TV aint gonna work :(

Its a boxing show.. a lot of the boxers dont have access to a laptop or computer

I have got the VLC standalone player so those that have should be OK but yet to test the theory..

Is there an AVI option? I cant remember the format options, but most PC's will play AVI from memory..... I might be wrong.

9 minute videos on average and the AVI convert I tried made the file so big it wouldnt even fit on a dvd.. massive :(

Perhaps it might be worth asking those who are trying to play on TVs what format of vid files their tv accepts then go from there. Also how are you sending the MP4s out to them, CD/DVD/USB Stick/email?

Perhaps it might be worth asking those who are trying to play on TVs what format of vid files their tv accepts then go from there. Also how are you sending the MP4s out to them, CD/DVD/USB Stick/email?

DVD .... Will that make a difference do you know...I certainly don't :)

I use a program called convertx to dvd (cant remember the version) that works fine for dvd players.

Looks like I need to find that.. Thank you ..

One of the boxers has just been in touch and said he took MP4 Off DVD and onto memory stick and its worked fine on his TV :)

So with your collective help I am a bit wiser on the subject and look to have it sorted for next time... thanks TP :)

If you use an editing program does that not give the choice of output to burn a DVD for TV/player use rather than just transfer files?

If you use an editing program does that not give the choice of output to burn a DVD for TV/player use rather than just transfer files?

No idea. These as stated are direct from GoPro .

If you can convert the audio to AC3, that's the one to go for, it will give you a high success rate across devices, surround sound compatible as well.

Back