MPB fed up

Edit My Images
No
Yesterday received wrong goods of them,rang them up 3 times to get it sorted,they said they would get their courier to pick it today,so waited in all day guess what they never turned up :mad:,now got to wait in again tomorrow,so that means they wont get it back till Monday,luckily if i see an refund on the wrong good sent now to the middle of next week (n)

Yeah I'd concur - ive used them a lot , and they are always very good at customer service in my experience - i'd speculate that the issue (with the non pick up not the wrong goods) in this case will be with the courier rather than MPB themselves (although they will probably accept that its still their responsibility to get it sorted)

They are also a trader member here @mpb.com so you could raise it with them via that route if you don't feel the phone is getting results

(the ugly rumour that MPB stands for Moose's Photo business , is entirely untrue btw ;) - I have no connection except as a happy customer )

Last edited:
Hi Simon,
As advised on email last night we have pre-refunded you on this rather than waiting for the item to be returned to us.
Lauren in the sales team has been on the phone to DPD this morning 3 times and has requested your collection be tracked through by the Silver customer service team at DPD and Lauren is personally watching the collection as well. Given that this is a very small item, if you are close to a post office and would prefer to post Royal Mail 1st class then please do feel free to do this and we will refund this cost as well.
We apologise for the failed collection yesterday by DPD and can assure you that their CS team and our account manager have been informed of this issue.
If there is anything further that we can do please do not hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
(y) and that's what i'm talking about.... :clap:

Mr Blue

I do hope you are over your blues ;)

I agree with Moose and hope you're consoled and encouraged by the response and action taken by MPB. The company has grown since 2008 when I first used them and successfully as a result of the very fine service and reputation they have built up. Blame in this case looks to be correctly and squarely placed on DPD's shoulders.

Well again they didn't turn up DPD,yet text me to say they have,rang MPB and it seem they are going to the wrong address,but a moment ago somebody from DPD did turn parcel now collected,he admitted he been going to the wrong address said its his sat nav ?.
I no MPB have been trying to sort this out,but a couple of little things could have stop this from happening.

1/ The people doing the packing could check the goods against the order,to make sure the right goods are in the parcel
2/This is not the first time the DPD have gone to the wrong address with an order from MPB with me,yet no other courier seem to have this problem with my address.

Anyway hopefully all sorted now

Well again they didn't turn up DPD,yet text me to say they have,rang MPB and it seem they are going to the wrong address,but a moment ago somebody from DPD did turn parcel now collected,he admitted he been going to the wrong address said its his sat nav ?.
I no MPB have been trying to sort this out,but a couple of little things could have stop this from happening.

1/ The people doing the packing could check the goods against the order,to make sure the right goods are in the parcel
2/This is not the first time the DPD have gone to the wrong address with an order from MPB with me,yet no other courier seem to have this problem with my address.

Anyway hopefully all sorted now

I understand your frustration, but.

1. We are all human and occasionally we all make mistakes. It appears that MPB have done everything into they can to resolve things without any inconvenience to you.

2. Obviously this is a DPD issue and not a MPB issue. It depends on what satnavs they are using. At our previous address we kept having issues with some couriers that could never find us. They all used Garmin satnavs that tried to route them down a road that no longer existed. It was converted to a footpath over 40 years ago. The couriers that used TomTom satnavs never had a problem finding us.

Last edited:
Couldn't these companies just use an a to z like we did before tom tit satnavs.

A road where I worked was closed for six weeks whilst they strengthened a bridge yet cars still tried to go down it. When they stopped to ask for directions they all said my gps said it was ok, but what about the great big road closed signs?

This problem could be solved, do not use DPD, ever.

Which is sadly why I never use MPB any more despite putting thousands of pounds of business through them in the past.

I think I had three missed MPB Saturday deliveries from DPD, and they have been equally terrible delivering Photobox stuff to me.

Amazon can stick a parcel in a locker 50ft from my desk at work the next day, Parcel Force and Royal Mail have always had local, convenient pick up locations if you miss delivery. Even many eBay purchases can be sent direct to your local Argos now. For all the good the hour slot notification is from DPD, you've still got to be in, until recently they wouldn't entertain the idea of pick up locations so I would drive a 40 mile round trip the following Saturday every time I got a parcel from them.

Last edited:
It's not consistent though - around these parts DPD is the standout carrier - always on time, great tracking etc. I love it when people use DPD. Yodel on the other hand...

MPB have served me well, as have DPD. I'm not saying your experience is any less valid, just putting it out there that it's difficult to find a nationwide courier company that works consistently well.

It's not consistent though - around these parts DPD is the standout carrier - always on time, great tracking etc. I love it when people use DPD. Yodel on the other hand...

MPB have served me well, as have DPD. I'm not saying your experience is any less valid, just putting it out there that it's difficult to find a nationwide courier company that works consistently well.

Yeah that - every courier has issues , including Royal Mail. For me the stand out thing about MPB is their attitude when things do go wrong , ie they actually take ownership of sorting it out not simply shrugging and saying "its the courier not our problem" - short of doing their own deliveries or having a shop from which you can collect (neither of which is a reasonable ask) there isnt much more they can do.

For me DPD are excellent. They have a good driver who arrives at the front end of the hour slot. He's helpful and polite and always has a pleasant word.

OK it's down to the individual driver. We have a good one. Others may not but that is beyond the control of MPB. Parcel Farce won't even give any idea when delivery is likely.

My point was more in terms of what happens when you're not in, which is all the time for me. Especially if you're a 40 mile round trip from the nearest city with a depot for some of these courier companies. Some are extremely flexible, DPD in my experience are certainly not one of them.

My most recent purchase from MPB I got a text from DPD with a delivery slot requesting that i text back if it wasn't convenient - I texted back requesting a slot 2 hours later and they arrived within 10 minutes of the start of the new slot.

My point was more in terms of what happens when you're not in, which is all the time for me. Especially if you're a 40 mile round trip from the nearest city with a depot for some of these courier companies. Some are extremely flexible, DPD in my experience are certainly not one of them.

I recently bought a coffee maker from Co-op Electrical and they use DPD. I got an email on the Monday night telling me it would be delivered on the Wednesday morning and that I would get confirmation of the 1 hour slot on the Tuesday. It then offered to change the delivery date to suit me, nominate a neighbour for delivery, nominate a shed or other outbuilding where it could be left if no-one was in, and finally linked to local collection points if I preferred my delivery there. The nearest one was a Rowlands Pharmacy less than a mile away, and the next one was Halfords which is 4 miles away but open until 8pm. I can't fault the options available from DPD.

This problem could be solved, do not use DPD, ever.
Rubbish. They are far and away the best of the UK parcel carriers, as others have explained.

Hope you have got this all sorted out now. I can understand your frustration. Like others have said I think it's varies greatly across the uk. I mostly send by Royal Mail as my post office is in the local shop and it's open from 7am to 10pm. Receiving from Royal Mail usually is ok but I recently had one delivery that had no card left but tracking said delivered and signed for (surname: street). 2 days later a neighbour turns up with the parcel and it was left on his door step. Turns out the surname 'street' meant left in the street and the post man had signed for it!

DPD on the other hand have recently been great. I had a router being delivered for an engineers visit the next day. Problem I was on holiday in the lakes and leaving the day of the delivery and only the day before the engineers visit.Thankfully the DPD delivery email with the times allowed me to redirect the delivery straight to a pick shop that I was able to collect on my way home. If I had had to redirect after a missed delivery I wouldn't have got it in time for the engineers visit.

I recently bought a coffee maker from Co-op Electrical and they use DPD. I got an email on the Monday night telling me it would be delivered on the Wednesday morning and that I would get confirmation of the 1 hour slot on the Tuesday. It then offered to change the delivery date to suit me, nominate a neighbour for delivery, nominate a shed or other outbuilding where it could be left if no-one was in, and finally linked to local collection points if I preferred my delivery there. The nearest one was a Rowlands Pharmacy less than a mile away, and the next one was Halfords which is 4 miles away but open until 8pm. I can't fault the options available from DPD.

Agree 100%, email even given the driver`s name

Another vote for DPD, I've never had any issues with them. I'd guess it's just bad luck or maybe the address is not coming up correctly on the satnav.

If you are in all day

or respond to their texts and emails giving you many other options including alternate delivery slots, alternate addresses, and delivery points - I'm not in all day, I generally work from about 8-7 counting commuting but I've never had a problem getting a DPD delivery

Rubbish. They are far and away the best of the UK parcel carriers, as others have explained.
If you are in all day
No, you've got this 100% wrong.

Look, I'm much more demanding than most parcel senders. Every day I'm sending out dozens of cameras and lenses, and they simply have to arrive on time. If you're buying a pair of shoes of a phone, a delayed delivery is usually no big deal. But if you're hiring a lens, a late delivery means you might not have it available for that wedding / air show / safari. Much more serious. It's unacceptable to you and it's unacceptable to me. Plus all the stuff I'm sending is fragile and I don't want Ace Ventura as my delivery driver. Plus my average consignment value is off the scale as far as parcel carriers are concerned.

So my business absolutely depends on having an excellent delivery service. I keep my eyes on the market regularly to see what's happening and who's performing well, and the simple answer is that DPD are head and shoulders above everyone else. Most of the 'innovation' in this business is the other companies scrambling to copy what DPD already do.

DPD give you a 1-hour delivery slot, so you don't have to be in all day. My experience as a sender is that about 98% of deliveries do happen within that one hour. And they also give you a load of options such as changing the delivery address, delivering to a neighbour, delivering to a local shop, leaving in a safe place, changing the delivery date, etc.

Everybody here, apart from you it seems, recognises this. Which? magazine recently gave DPD a special award for being the best parcel delivery company in the UK, and they just topped the Which? readers poll for the third time in a row.

So what exactly is your problem?

Look, I'm much more demanding than most parcel senders. Every day I'm sending out dozens of cameras and lenses, and they simply have to arrive on time. If you're buying a pair of shoes of a phone, a delayed delivery is usually no big deal. But if you're hiring a lens, a late delivery means you might not have it available for that wedding / air show / safari. Much more serious. It's unacceptable to you and it's unacceptable to me. Plus all the stuff I'm sending is fragile and I don't want Ace Ventura as my delivery driver. Plus my average consignment value is off the scale as far as parcel carriers are concerned.

So my business absolutely depends on having an excellent delivery service. I keep my eyes on the market regularly to see what's happening and who's performing well, and the simple answer is that DPD are head and shoulders above everyone else. Most of the 'innovation' in this business is the other companies scrambling to copy what DPD already do.

DPD give you a 1-hour delivery slot, so you don't have to be in all day. My experience as a sender is that about 98% of deliveries do happen within that one hour. And they also give you a load of options such as changing the delivery address, delivering to a neighbour, delivering to a local shop, leaving in a safe place, changing the delivery date, etc.

Everybody here, apart from you it seems, recognises this. Which? magazine recently gave DPD a special award for being the best parcel delivery company in the UK, and they just topped the Which? readers poll for the third time in a row.

So what exactly is your problem?
They don't deliver direct to his locker :p

I believe the 'delivering to a shop' option must be fairly recent as they certainly were not offering that when I gave up on them. They also wouldn't deliver to a box around the side of my property (well hidden) in a very safe area...hence my frequent trips to Bristol to pick up parcels.

It was something ridiculous like 60% hit rate for Saturday deliveries for me from them, I always knew when it was going to go wrong as the text wouldn't arrive by 9am with my slot...it was then always an absolute nightmare to find out what was going on. This was my favourite, and absolutely not unusual (it went on for a few days after this, I'm nowhere near Cornwall!)...

2i9mes3.jpg

As always with couriers it depends on where you live, I would take a Royal Mail/Parcelforce Delivery over any other by a country mile, if I miss it the local sorting office is open 12 hours a day most days. Handily I also have an Amazon Locker 30ft from my desk at work, which is very practical.

Last edited:
Dpd have always been spot on for me. There was a period in my life a few years ago where I couldn't walk very far or very fast, it would take me a good 5 minutes to get off the sofa to get to the front door 10 feet away. Also at this time, as I was off work, I was rebuilding my pc and had lots of deliveries coming. The first time dpd arrived by chance I was already stood up and near the door so got to it quickly and told the driver my issue.

The next time he came he pulled up outside beeped his horn and then carried on up the cul de sac to turn around. By the time he got back outside, I'd been able to get up and get to the door. He even offered to carry the stuff inside for me. He did this for the next few months every time he came.

Every other courier I've used expects you to be at the door within 1 nanosecond and certainly won't wait around for you.
Royal Mail of the. Just out a card through the door without even knocking.
On more than one occasion they've not even had the parcel on the van and just put a card through.. Thier face when you open the door as the card is pushed through is priceless.

DPD and UK Mail are the 2 standouts in my area although to be fair none of them are bad. RM can bit a bit of a pain if I miss them as they changed the sorting offices from postcodes to last name initial which meant mine is now a 15 minute in good traffic drive away..

More than me it seems from reading the thread, glad you are reading stats, because figures are everything

No I havent got it wrong, around here they are rubbish.

1 hour time slot, brilliant because loads of people can just p*** off from work to collect it. Collection from the Depot is horrendous experience.

Leave in a safe spot, they never do.

Royal Mail are bang on for me.

1 hour time slot, brilliant because loads of people can just p*** off from work to collect it. Collection from the Depot is horrendous experience.

One hour timeslot any time between 7am and 7pm - also you can have it delivered to work if you'd rather (of course that does depend on your job)

Also how does royal mail differ - if the item is too big to go through your letter box (or if the postie cant be arsed) you get an item not delivered please collect

One hour timeslot any time between 7am and 7pm - also you can have it delivered to work if you'd rather (of course that does depend on your job)

Also how does royal mail differ - if the item is too big to go through your letter box (or if the postie cant be arsed) you get an item not delivered please collect

Because the sorting office, is open long hours and so easy to deal with.

My Royal Mail pick up office is really up with the times, if those times are the 1930s, they are open between 8:00 and 12:30 for missed delivery collections iirc.

Back