MPB Photographic

I've bought from them no problems, great company to deal with. Similarly i've seen many people (threads on here) sell to them without issue, they seem hassle free and 'fair' pricing all things considered.

Bought a couple of things from them and had no issues.

If you use the search facility you will find plenty of satisfied customers.

AL

Satisfied customer here too. I've traded things in and bought from them, they make it very easy.

I've just packed a box of stuff to go to them. Prices they offered were better than what similar items are going on here for.
Free collection by courier tomorrow.
I'm a happy bunny!

I have sold and bought from there, wont get as good money as you would by selling on ebay etc but it is hassle free.

Only thing is there rating system is not great so check the kit you buy to see if it matches their description I got a lens that had a smear on inside of front element that was classed as Mint. Though they were great and replaced it with an actual MINT one after I contacted them.

One of the very best companies I have dealt with. Really good customer service and they give you a fair price on trade-ins. Free courier service to pick up your stuff as well as free delivery back to you.

I have sold and bought from there, wont get as good money as you would by selling on ebay etc but it is hassle free.

I doubt it, once you have factored the 10% that eBay takes off you and the fee that PayPal takes off you, then you have to pay for shipping and hope the buyer doesn't file a claim with PP.

Bought 1 lens and sold 2 lenses and 1 Nikon d700 with them no problems whatsoever.

Dave

Bought and sold without issue but had a couple of items I didn't sell as offer was too low for me.

Bought from them once, I felt the lens was in significantly poorer condition than described. Returned and refunded with no dramas.

Bought several items, their descriptions leave something to be desired and ive had to return 2 faulty lenses including a broken VR unit in a Nikon 70-200mm but they do refund without any hassle.

On a side note, they used to be probably the cheapest 2nd hand seller but are just as expensive and more so than most now.

Bought and sold several times, usually no hassle but have had to return a couple of things that weren't as described, and the quote I had for my D700 recently would have made Jessops blush.

Another happy customer here. I've just PX'ed a lens - the one I sold was collected from my workplace on Thursday, and the one I bought arrived here first thing this morning. The condition was exactly as described.

Dave

I have just had a rather unpleasant experience:

Part -ex agreed 4pm last Friday. Mon am e-mail asks me to confirm when and where I bought the camera I wished to px. I responded at 17:20 on my return from work. Tuesday pm and I open an e-mail from MPB stating "sorry Paul the camera you wanted has now been sold."

To add insult to injury I had already declared that the camera I was looking to px had been bought from them when I completed the px request form.

I know their business is to sell but I had completed two previous deals and so had some credibility.

Disappointing to say the least.

I have just had a rather unpleasant experience:

Part -ex agreed 4pm last Friday. Mon am e-mail asks me to confirm when and where I bought the camera I wished to px. I responded at 17:20 on my return from work. Tuesday pm and I open an e-mail from MPB stating "sorry Paul the camera you wanted has now been sold."

To add insult to injury I had already declared that the camera I was looking to px had been bought from them when I completed the px request form.

I know their business is to sell but I had completed two previous deals and so had some credibility.

Disappointing to say the least.

Thats a shame but to be fair to them they do state that they won't keep a particular item on hold for a Part Exchange

Another vote for MPB.

I've bought a few items from them and it was easy and quick. It saved me scanning ebay for hours and avoids buying from scoundrels. I've only ever sold one camera to them and though I could easily have got another £25 to £50 on the classifieds here by the time you add in the hassle of getting to a post office, 12 miles or 32 miles depending on which route I'm going at the weekend, having a carrier pick up and deliver is so much easier.

Used them a few times for buying and the service has been very good. I cant really see the point in PX with camera gear - much easier to just stick it on ebay for the "selling" part of the transaction.

Ive used them buying and selling and part ex - always been fine (the point of part ex is that its hassle free unlike selling on ebay) , what I generally do is get a valuation for part ex against the model I intend to buy lined up before i choose a specific camera - then I can just pick one, apply the part ex and pay the balance in a single transaction with no risk of missing out

I contacted them to sell an item i knew i could get £300 for easy and they offered less than £200 so didnt use them.

I contacted them to sell an item i knew i could get £300 for easy and they offered less than £200 so didnt use them.

my god surely they didnt want to make a profit , how rude :bang:

Part ex prices are always lower because the dealer needs to be able to make a profit when they sell on, but on the other hand you don't have the hassle of buyers reneging, arguing, pulling fast ones, you don't have to organise couriers and all of that marlarkey - plus of course there are no transaction fees

I've used MPB three or four times for buying and p/ex and it has always been painless.

Eddie, on the costing side you need to factor in that they pay VAT on the margin, postal costs, staff costs, premises, other business costs, etc before they get to the profit bit if there's anything left and then corporation tax on any of that. Doesn't mean they're ripping you off because you can sell privately for more but they often provide a better range of services than the private route.

I'm sure they also provide a warranty of some sort on gear they sell so I guess that also has to be factored in when comparing to a private sale.

6 months, unless its noted as sold as seen in the description

Bought and sold with mpb and no problems either way. A couple of times they have offered real low ball prices, and I've simply sold elsewhere. Generally very happy with their efficient and friendly service.

I've sold a couple of old camera bodies with them, and if you're happy with the price they offer (which will inevitably be lower than what you'd get from a private sale) then it's very much hassle free and once they've checked that it's as-per your description, they credit your account

In case the OP is still looking for views on MPB, im happy to report that my part ex deal with MPB has been fantastic. I was happy with the quote they gave me for the camera I was selling (which incidentally was pretty much the same as ive seen them go for on here), and the camera I purchased is fantastic, and in absolute minty condition, as described.

Chuffed face.

Ive bought and sold from them - an excellent service and the gear is invariably in better condition than described

I have purchased a few items from them and had part x quotes. Always found their communications to be good and the service efficient. A delivery did get messed up once but they corrected the issue promptly, which is always a good sign, as at times things do go wrong and the true mark of a company is the after sales care.

Dealt with them a couple of times and mostly a good experience however their courier service for collecting equipment to sell/px in my experience is very un reliable. I'm currently waiting for a lens to be collected for the fourth occasion following three previous date slots in which the courier did not arrive.

6 months, unless its noted as sold as seen in the description
It is unlawful for a trade seller in a transaction with a consumer to state that the item is 'sold as seen' as it is an attempt by the seller to limit the consumer's statutory rights.

It is unlawful for a trade seller in a transaction with a consumer to state that the item is 'sold as seen' as it is an attempt by the seller to limit the consumer's statutory rights.

I think they (MBP) actually sell such items as 'Spares or Repair', I have only seen a few in recent times.

Back