MPB.

Name
Ray
Edit My Images
No
HI. I brought a Nikon D7200 last year off a Ebay seller it came with a 3 year warranty . now im looking at putting it in as PX against a D600 with them. my question is , if its a grey will they take it ?.

When a work colleague asked a year or so ago, they said no. The camera was from HDEW, but I am sure I have seen a thread where they did take a D750 which was an import

Have you asked to see what they say?

I have not asked yet, but will call them. Just thought I would ask here and see if anyone had any experience.

That's weird, last year I asked for a quote for a D810 I was selling, they quoted such a good price, more or less what I paid for it, I asked them to confirm they were happy with it being a grey import. They said as long as it's in the sate described they would and they did, so they must have changed policy recently.

That's weird, last year I asked for a quote for a D810 I was selling, they quoted such a good price, more or less what I paid for it, I asked them to confirm they were happy with it being a grey import. They said as long as it's in the sate described they would and they did, so they must have changed policy recently.
they recently asked me where I bought a camera from I was selling to them,im assuming they still don't as a rule, but they have a lot more staff now and some my be less rigid

They purchased my 5DSr off me just over a year ago and had no problem with it being a grey,even sent them the receipt from Panamoz.
They must of changed the way they do things now i guess.

Will they not take gray Nikons then?
Maybe some serial numbers can be traced ... hip hip hurrah.

Ive sold stuff before and was asked where it was sourced from. Always said I’d purchased used. Had heard they won’t take grey stuff, but don’t see any issues if you don’t know/say where it came from originally.

My 7D is grey and I was offered £300 for it a few months ago by MPB. I told them it was grey.

I think WEX might be a different matter.

I was also wondering as I am considering trading up to a 7D mkII.

Looking at their terms & conditions I found this:

5.3.2 In entering into a sale or Part Exchange the seller (you) is responsible for assuring that all equipment offered for sale has been legally imported into the EU. mpb.com reserve the right to refuse purchase on any items purchased from Non EU sellers or sellers based within the EU where evidence of full VAT compliance is not available. Where the seller (you) is the first owner of the equipment, a VAT receipt may be required as proof of purchase. Where the seller (you) is the second owner of the equipment further information may be requested and acceptance of the transaction is at the discretion of mpb.com.

So I would presume they do indeed accept Grey items.

Quote from MPB .I was looking at a good D600 £644 21,000 clicks.. A like new D7200 like I,m looking to sell is £699 5,500 clicks . they have offered me £500 plus £144 , mine has around 6000 clicks.
no mention as of yet about being import or not.

Last edited:
I was also wondering as I am considering trading up to a 7D mkII.

Looking at their terms & conditions I found this:

So I would presume they do indeed accept Grey items.

Not sure how you reach that conclusion.

Quote from MPB .I was looking at a good D600 £644 21,000 clicks.. A like new D7200 like I,m looking to sell is £699 5,500 clicks . they have offered me £500 plus £144 , mine has around 6000 clicks.
no mention as of yet about being import or not.

From memory - they normally let you get all the way through the process before finally asking and then tell you they don't take grey products.

That happened to me a few years ago. Not sure if anything has changed recently?

From memory - they normally let you get all the way through the process before finally asking and then tell you they don't take grey products.

That happened to me a few years ago. Not sure if anything has changed recently?
Same happend to my mate, but as you it was some time ago.

So when they buy/sell 'grey' equipment do they do so at a reduced price or does it make no difference?

Not happy with the quote they gave me considering they will make £200 on mine, and be making a profit on the D600. and mine hade a grip .but never asked if it was imported or not.
put it on here now.

Back