MPB.

Regarding MPB, they've just offered me £400 for my XT1 Graphite silver in excellent nick, which I found a little disappointing.

Steve I'm not surprised, over the last 15 months the used market has been flooded with X-T1's - At one point WEX had 55 for sale, and even my local bricks and mortar shop has 4 s/h one's for sale. Now the X-T2 has been out for over a year (and with release of X-T20), the market will shrink further, and graphite one's will start to loose their premium difference. The rate at which camera manufacturers release new bodies means that it really is a buyers market for older bodies.

Its still a great camera though!

I take it MPB deal with trade in inquiries manually? how many times have you chanced different selections over a few days? I wonder does that really wind them up?

I recently part exchanged with MPB, changed my mind on what gear I wanted to purchases in return for mine, then changed my mind back and not once did it appear they found it annoying.

IT's not just £200 pound, they also want another £144, plus the profit on the d600, say another £150. that's almost £500 pound on one deal.

Thats business, what if the camera you put in develops a major fault within warranty they have to pay to get it fixed.

Why bother, not much of an upgrade. I have a d600 and its good but nothing to get excited about

They have offered me £1520 for 70-200 f2.8e. Didn’t think that was bad!

I believe the VAT man can tell if an import has paid the relevant VAT via the serial number.

No. They'd have to track every serial number to make sure of this. It doesn't work that way.

Don't confuse being able to determine that goods were intended for another market with determinining if VAT has or has not been paid on those goods.

No. They'd have to track every serial number to make sure of this. It doesn't work that way.

Don't confuse being able to determine that goods were intended for another market with determinining if VAT has or has not been paid on those goods.
So, what way does it work, in the age of computers that can check a car reg number in a fraction of a second why do you think it would be difficult to register cameras that have paid VAT on import?

Steve I'm not surprised, over the last 15 months the used market has been flooded with X-T1's - At one point WEX had 55 for sale, and even my local bricks and mortar shop has 4 s/h one's for sale. Now the X-T2 has been out for over a year (and with release of X-T20), the market will shrink further, and graphite one's will start to loose their premium difference. The rate at which camera manufacturers release new bodies means that it really is a buyers market for older bodies.

Its still a great camera though!
I suppose its only to be expected and having looked at used prices elsewhere I doubt I would get a great deal more for it. Your right about it being a great camera though. I was considering going back to M4/3, I really like the ibis in Oly bodies, but I was out this weekend with the XT1 and I still love the feel of it. I think I will stick with it

So, what way does it work, in the age of computers that can check a car reg number in a fraction of a second why do you think it would be difficult to register cameras that have paid VAT on import?

Because customs clearance is still based around paper based documents(often in pdf format), not any form of xrl or similar electronic format. Your customs agent then passes a 8 digit commodity code ( that will confirm a description along the lines of “ornamental articles made of ceramic porcelain” to give you a typical one I deal with) and the cost value of that commodity to HMRC , they won’t typically even get the model of the camera in the information they receive, unless they decide to randomly inspect the load to ensure compliance.

HI. I brought a Nikon D7200 last year off a Ebay seller it came with a 3 year warranty . now im looking at putting it in as PX against a D600 with them. my question is , if its a grey will they take it ?.
Not sure if this was every posted here but it’s in the terms and conditions...
5.6.3 mpb.com retain the right to cancel the transaction or adjust the valuation for any reason inclusive of, but not limited to:
If items are not EU or UK stock​

Back