Mr and Mrs.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
3642615332_c652a6a152_o.jpg

3642618424_c021df3f2e_o.jpg

50D, 300mm 2.8L and 2XTC, 800 ISO

Wonderful pair and the eye contact in #2 is fantastic, be careful he doesn't find out his wife is giving you the eye.:)

I wish there was a shot that they are together...
Nice beautiful shots

Congrats mate you have a Beautiful couple of shots there.
I really like the second one, the bird has a great pose which you have framed flawlessly, and the image is well exposed and pin sharp... well done.

Lovely pair of picture and birds (Bull Finches Adrian). Recently we have a pair visit the garden but they are a bit camera shy, if they see movement in the house they disappear.

Two nice shots Cedric :clap::clap: Not easy to get the eye detail correct with these birds :) like you say they seem to be on the decline for whatever reason, trhe two I had visiting seem to be gone :(

I wish there was a shot that they are together...
Me too - but the times I've tried to get that shot! They never seem to be that close together unless it's on a feeder.

Wonderful, the sort of shots the rest of us aspire to.
Cedric, may I ask how much you have to stop down to get that sharpness with the 2xTC?

Last edited:
absolutely stunning pair there
well done you
bet you're well chuffed! :clap:

Theese are both beautiful shots CT, I get a pair every day on my feeders but struggling to get them in a natural setting to get pictures. Well done with theese, I minght have to try harder now lol !!

Dean

Wonderful, the sort of shots the rest of us aspire to.
Cedric, may I ask how much you have to stop down to get that sharpness with the 2xTC?

Not stopped down at all Donna - honest. This is in a dense wood so you need every bit of light you can get, and that 300mm 2.8 is an unbelievable performer - even with converters.

absolutely stunning pair there
well done you
bet you're well chuffed! :clap:

Thanks.Yes - I'm pleased with these, but I'm fortunate in having more Bullfinch shots than you can shake a stick at - they turn up at loads of places on Cannock Chase, and if all else fails, you can usually get them on or around the feeding table at Marquis Drive Visitor Centre in the winter when there's food on the tables.

Not stopped down at all Donna - honest. This is in a dense wood so you need every bit of light you can get, and that 300mm 2.8 is an unbelievable performer - even with converters.

Thanks for that Cedric. I'm very impressed at that performance. The Canon 300mm f/2.8 certainly seems to respond to TCs better than its Nikon counterpart. Or so I am told.

Thanks for that Cedric. I'm very impressed at that performance. The Canon 300mm f/2.8 certainly seems to respond to TCs better than its Nikon counterpart. Or so I am told.

The 2XTC never comes off the 300mm, it's pretty well a permanent fixture, giving an effective 600mm f5.6 which still auto focuses on any Canon body. It's much lighter to carry on a long walk than the 500mm, and it's easily hand-holdable if need be. The only downside is the price. :puke:

Nice shots, more common here (Cardiff) in the winter. Photogenic little birds.

The 2XTC never comes off the 300mm, it's pretty well a permanent fixture, giving an effective 600mm f5.6 which still auto focuses on any Canon body. It's much lighter to carry on a long walk than the 500mm, and it's easily hand-holdable if need be. The only downside is the price. :puke:
Interesting to hear that as I am very close to getting the Nikon 300mm f/2.8. Apparently it is fine with the 1.4TC but the 2x is a bit iffy. Or so they say! Wait a month or so and I may be finding out for myself.

Interesting to hear that as I am very close to getting the Nikon 300mm f/2.8. Apparently it is fine with the 1.4TC but the 2x is a bit iffy. Or so they say! Wait a month or so and I may be finding out for myself.

I can't see you'd be doing much wrong there! (y)

No probs - I'll talk birds and gear all day. :D

Nice captures,thank you,couple at UW on feeders but the bush they slip into is dense:bang:

Yeah, they're really shy wary birds, and they tend to use every bit of cover they can.

Exceptional :clap::clap: I've never even seen these in real life - thanks for sharing(y)

Them aint to shabby cedric.(y) I will do my best to get over to the chase in the next month or so. but with only 200mm it will be hard work to get anything decent . But that said it will be nice just to watch the birds...

Male for me in this set " but then you already know i am a sucker for the male bully:love:"

md(y)

Them aint to shabby cedric.(y) I will do my best to get over to the chase in the next month or so. but with only 200mm it will be hard work to get anything decent . But that said it will be nice just to watch the birds...

I might be able to lend you summat. ;)

Male for me in this set " but then you already know i am a sucker for the male bully:love:"

md(y)

Glad you added the bully bit! :eek:

:D

Superb shots CT, I've never seen these "in the feather" but your pics are a great second best!!! (if you know what I mean!;))

Tara

Back