Mr Grumpy, Mr Yawn & Mr Ruffled

All brothers… maybe? :D
this is one I won't see down here…

The range of all egrets is expanding quite fast. These are lovely in their breeding plumage.

They are quite colourful at the moment Jan, I think this one was a little under the weather though.
Interestingly when it came to resting he went flat onto his front lying down and I have never seen another Egret do that ... typically he did that just as I took the camera out of the bag and I then had to wait until he roused. :)

Great bird Roger, don't think I'd have known what that was!

Great bird Roger, don't think I'd have known what that was!

Thanks Phil, we've had up to 6 at various times this year but they are particularly splendid now :)

Great photos, never seen them in this Country..

Thank you Robert, apparently with the change in climate here more species are moving in from warmer areas and making the UK home rather than just a place to visit (Brexit can't affect them, so perhaps we can look forward to more of this trend :D ).

Lol yeah hope so, well the Little Egrets are certainly spreading rapidly and saw my first Spoonbills last month in Yorkshire :)

fantastic roger

Thanks all, my guess is we'll see it/them again quite soon :)

Actually just spotted it was there 45 mins ago :)

A lovely shot and bird Gramps hope wee get some ?
Thanks Kev, they are certainly coming in 'down south' so who knows ... did you see a pair of Night Herons bred on the Somerset Levels this year?

Back