Mr G's Photo 52 2011 - Week 10 Trio

Week 1 Accommodation

Well here it is my first ...little bit late but never mind :cool: it aint what i originally had in mind :| Anyway!! I give you Crathes Castle now that's accommodation...;)

i like this alot my only thing i would say is that it is not stright / angle your on might make it look off

i do like hte purple in the sky though

liek th ecolour of the building it looks like there is several colours in diffrent tones

Hiya James

Well done on the take of the first theme.

I agree with the previous comment, the building does seem to be leaning quite a bit to the left and the image would benefit from a straighten.

The image looks a little soft and could probably do with a bit of sharpening.

The colours are great, although perhaps a bit oversaturated, but I think because of the Autumn clours and the light on the building it works well and makes the whole image very warm and inviting. I wouldn't mind some accommodation like that myself :LOL:

I like the lead-in line of the path. It would be interesting to see what the image would look like with a lower take which would probably make the whole building look larger and grandiose.

Good luck with the next 51 and look forward to following your thread.

Cheers

Dawn :)

you are right guys ;) I thought the land from the left was sloping so I straightened it ... but didnt notice the castle is levelled into the land so with me straightening it ...has made the castle slightly out...I know what I mean just hope i explained it right :wacky: thanx for the comments

Last edited:
I Like this.

The colours are great, I like the Castle on the tilt add a bit depth to the image.. imo

Good luck with wk 2

:)

Cheers Mike ...just trying to think about week 2 theme:thinking:

Week 2 New

New Day

Driving to work yesterday morning the sky was an incredible colour this was taken straight from camera ...Looks a little over sharpened/noisy on my monitor but it was taken hand held and I was late for work :D
Hope the next theme is bit easier :LOL:

Last edited:
Nice pic for week 2. Imo the silhouette of man makes the photo. Is the sky too... red?

Hiya James

Lovely photo and good take on the theme.

The colours are so warm and the clouds worked in your favour for this one. Liking the silhouette you have captured and the lights of the buildings to the right.

Just two little nit-picks, 1) There is a little bit of blue something to the right of the bench, it is only tiny but it draws my eye. 2) There is something to the left of the man that could be cloned out. These are ubber picky but I do think they would neaten the image and stop my eye dancing to them.

At one point I wouldn't have been so picky, but since looking at so many photos and wanting to learn more about photography, not just the techniques but the final product I find I am paying more attention to detail these days :bonk: But even I miss some picky things on my own images, hey all part of the learning curve.

Otherwise I think you have a cracking shot there to say it was straight from the camera and hand held too.

Well done!

Look forward to what you come up with next theme.

Cheers

As has been said above , beautiful colour in yoru week 2 shot and just a few wee minor things that could be removed. Shame about teh noise but understandle if you were shooting handheld. Looking forward to more. (y)

Thats a sunset & a half ,well captured(y)
Never noticed the blue thing till I read the other posts (but it's a true representation of what you saw).Would look great on a large canvas I think

I have replaced the pic with an edited version taking out the dog to the left and an unknown bluey purply bit to the right :cool:

Wow! Great week 2 shot! Those colours are brilliant and I also like the silhouette of the man.

Thanks cris

What a great shot James, nice take on the theme - but those colours are cracking

Ian

Cheers Ian

Hiya James

Lovely photo and good take on the theme.

The colours are so warm and the clouds worked in your favour for this one. Liking the silhouette you have captured and the lights of the buildings to the right.

Just two little nit-picks, 1) There is a little bit of blue something to the right of the bench, it is only tiny but it draws my eye. 2) There is something to the left of the man that could be cloned out. These are ubber picky but I do think they would neaten the image and stop my eye dancing to them.

At one point I wouldn't have been so picky, but since looking at so many photos and wanting to learn more about photography, not just the techniques but the final product I find I am paying more attention to detail these days :bonk: But even I miss some picky things on my own images, hey all part of the learning curve.

Otherwise I think you have a cracking shot there to say it was straight from the camera and hand held too.

Well done!

Look forward to what you come up with next theme.

Cheers

Thanks Dawn the theme sounded easy but it was a toughy ;) I took out the 2 offending bits one was the guys dog and at first I couldnt see that blue bit but think I may have cracked it (y)

As has been said above , beautiful colour in yoru week 2 shot and just a few wee minor things that could be removed. Shame about teh noise but understandle if you were shooting handheld. Looking forward to more. (y)

Cheers for that appreciate the comments ;)

Thats a sunset & a half ,well captured(y)
Never noticed the blue thing till I read the other posts (but it's a true representation of what you saw).Would look great on a large canvas I think

As I said I couldnt find it but I think I have now ;)

Thanks for all the comments heres to week 3

Thanks Dawn the theme sounded easy but it was a toughy ;) I took out the 2 offending bits one was the guys dog and at first I couldnt see that blue bit but think I may have cracked it (y)

Yep that is spot on (y) What a difference such small detail has made to the image.

Well done and thanks for taking on board what everyone suggested.

Now you have a cracking image! I see it in a totally different view and there is continuity with no interference. A very peaceful, warm and relaxing image.

:clap:

Wow, that second pic is amazing. Can't believe that was just an unplanned hand-held shot.

The colours are wonderful. The silhouetted figure makes the shot.

What a lovely shot, the clouds look great, the colour gives a woderful warm glow to the image, nice one :cool:

Yep that is spot on (y) What a difference such small detail has made to the image.

Well done and thanks for taking on board what everyone suggested.

Now you have a cracking image! I see it in a totally different view and there is continuity with no interference. A very peaceful, warm and relaxing image.

:clap:

Thanks Dawn (y)

That second image is stunning, the colours are fantastic, well captured :)

Thank-you for your comments :)

Wow, that second pic is amazing. Can't believe that was just an unplanned hand-held shot.

The colours are wonderful. The silhouetted figure makes the shot.

Well as unplanned as getting out my car to take it :D Thanks Patrick

What a lovely shot, the clouds look great, the colour gives a woderful warm glow to the image, nice one :cool:

Cheers David ;)

Well guy's lucky to get something on here at all :eek: been away all week on a training course just got back this afternoon ..so rattled up the best I could ...Its a bit blown and scraped but I wanted to get it in ;) I will do fixes later phew..

A Lady with STYLE

I really like your first 2 images; the colours are really vibrant, especially in the sunrise pic.

Your style pic is an amusing take on the theme; I would probably crop in a little tighter and clone out some of the debris/dust.

If you were feeling really bold on the PP front, you might try making the garland go all the way around the face - hiding the ear and replacing the black background to the right of the face.

I really like your take on the style theme, really fun :) Just a little tweaking to remove the dust to make it look a little cleaner is all i would say - tricky week this week but i like this shot (y)

Weeks 1 and two are nice, although as has been said, 1 needs a rotate.
IMO, I think the second is a little too red, but that's just me.
The silhouette works well, but it looks much smaller than the bench which is not sitting right in my mind as the silhouette and bench appear to be similar distances from the camera

Not sure about #3, although I appreciate you were away all week.
My week one was like that, and I think my week 4 is going to be like that!
Pesky work keeps getting in the way of having fun!

I look forward to seeing the rest of your 52.

Hiya James,

Well done on getting an image for week 3 despite the busy week you have had.

I pretty much agree with what has already been said and don't really have much to add.

A good take on the theme though. What is that wrapped around the head and neck? You have used it very creatively and looks quite stylish on the head.

Good luck with your week 4 image.

Cheers

A great shot for 'new' - the colours are fantastic you have captured a lovely dawn.
Like your 'style' shot - focus and colours spot on, but I have to ask, ' is she a little plastered' :D

week 1: lovely colours :), although find the angle of the castle pretty distracting :/

week 2: looks a little soft but the colours are stunning, well captured!

week 3: don't worry, no corny puns from me! Nice take and well shot but could maybe do with a touch up with the clone tool (if you have it to use that is!)

look forward to seeing more :)

I really like your take on the style theme, really fun :) Just a little tweaking to remove the dust to make it look a little cleaner is all i would say - tricky week this week but i like this shot (y)

Thanks it was rattled up quick but I think I am going to leave warts and all ;)

Hiya James,

Well done on getting an image for week 3 despite the busy week you have had.

I pretty much agree with what has already been said and don't really have much to add.

A good take on the theme though. What is that wrapped around the head and neck? You have used it very creatively and looks quite stylish on the head.

Good luck with your week 4 image.

Cheers

Thanks Dawn yes was a bit kinda last minute thing but dont want to fail.... the wrap thingy I found in my daughters bedroom its a kinda scarfy thing not sure just flung it on and hoped for the best...:LOL:

A great shot for 'new' - the colours are fantastic you have captured a lovely dawn.
Like your 'style' shot - focus and colours spot on, but I have to ask, ' is she a little plastered' :D

Thanks Joan :) yeah she does look a bit stoney faced :cool:

week 1: lovely colours :), although find the angle of the castle pretty distracting :/

week 2: looks a little soft but the colours are stunning, well captured!

week 3: don't worry, no corny puns from me! Nice take and well shot but could maybe do with a touch up with the clone tool (if you have it to use that is!)

look forward to seeing more :)

Thanks for the crit Paul yes I realise the above but have decided to leave all the pics I put up here without doing any changes... so I can look back and think god did I do that :LOL::LOL:

Well another challenge ;) tried to be a wee bit creative mmm... well try being the operative word... this is a pic of a little cafe I spotted just of the beach where I stay :) I had the white balance on tungsten and thought it gave it a little touch of the " I know what I am doing flavour" never mind learning curve and all that eh :D

open-sign.jpg

Hiya James,

I have been waiting to see an Open sign, and here it is. Well done! I absolutely love this image.

Good for you experimenting with the WB setting and being creative, I think you have achieved that here.

My only crit is the reflection on the window, you could have posted this in the 'Spotted a Tog' thread :D

Not sure there is much you could have done about the reflect, bar from setting up a tripod and taking the shot from a slightly lower angle.

But a brilliant take on the theme and a fab photo too.

Good luck for week 5.

Cheers

Loving the blue.... loving the sticks of rock in the window - true seaside ;)

I guess I must be weird :wacky: - but I really like seeing the reflections of togs... it makes it more real for me

Good job, James!

<bet it's brrrrrrrrrrrrrr down by the sea today (shiver)>

Really like your 'open shot' the tungsten effect works well against the yellow and white of the sign. Also think the tog reflection adds rather than detracts to the overall effect. It's a great looking shop - looks like it has stayed in a time warp from the fifties.

Although I think the WB does help set off the yellow sign, I'm afraid I'm not i like it. I'd like to see it white too if possible? The reflection could have been sorted with a CP perhaps, but I didn't notice it at first, so its not bad!

The sticks of rock add extra detail to think about! good job!

Back