Murray

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
Woo woo... A Scot in the Wimbledon final who'd have thought it eh :)

Arse!

GO Federar!

Fair play to him - he's done something no other brit has done for decades. He'll give old Roj a run for his money I'm sure

I'd love to see him win, but I think it'll be the same as usual.

You wait and see, in the papers tomorrow he'll be 'British' again :)

Tsonga fell apart, basically did what Murry normally does against Nadal, Andy is playing very well but he's lucky Nadal is not around this year.

The only good thing about Murray winning.....he knocked the French out :)

I'd love to see him win, but I think it'll be the same as usual.

The "usual" would have seen him lose today. ;)

You wait and see, in the papers tomorrow he'll be 'British' again :)

Tsonga fell apart, basically did what Murry normally does against Nadal, Andy is playing very well but he's lucky Nadal is not around this year.

Nadal is around, he just got beat in the 2nd round so no reason Murray couldn't have beaten him today.

Nadal is around, he just got beat in the 2nd round so no reason Murray couldn't have beaten him today.

Murray has a Nadal wall he can't seem to get past often, I think it's about 18 - 5 in Nadals favour atmo.

How rude of you to call me an.. "Arse" :-D

:LOL::LOL:

even though I am not a Murray fan, he was the better player today...... and Tsonga is French...... :shake:

One of those games you wanted no one to win...

Have to say I'll be rooting for Fed.

Murray is just such an unattractive person. He seems impossibly inhumanly devoid of charm. Nothing he says afterwards is interesting, he's never generous about anyone other than himself. Every expression he makes is agressive. There's never a smile. It all just indicates a thouroughly unpleasant character.

Com'on Roger!

Murray is just such an unattractive person. He seems impossibly inhumanly devoid of charm. Nothing he says afterwards is interesting, he's never generous about anyone other than himself. Every expression he makes is agressive. There's never a smile. It all just indicates a thouroughly unpleasant character.

Com'on Roger!

Or a dedicated professional who is a winner. His record is pretty good. How many players on the current tour have got 22 wins? Go on, answer that.

Garnett said:

Com'on Roger!

And of course you know him personally?

Don't judge a book by it's cover, he's a nice guy away from the from the courts and tv cameras .

Last edited:
tiler65 said:
Or a dedicated professional who is a winner. His record is pretty good. How many players on the current tour have got 22 wins? Go on, answer that.

+1

No idea, but I'll have a stab at Fed, Nadal , and Djoc... .. probably most of the top 10 seeds.....

:LOL::LOL:

even though I am not a Murray fan, he was the better player today...... and Tsonga is French...... :shake:

He does seem to be a thoroughly nice bloke though, always ready with a smile & compliment. He was smiling away & chatting at the net, as they waited for Hawkeye, but Murray was as sullen & ignorant as ever!

Com'on Roger!

I agree with all of this, except the way you spelt thoroughly (y)

Also he once said he supports whoever is playing England....so I support whoever is playing Murray :razz:

Last edited:
No idea, but I'll have a stab at Fed, Nadal , and Djoc... .. probably most of the top 10 seeds.....
...many of whom also show signs of having attractive characters and offer fans an insight when they speak.

Thouroughly?! Good lord. Sorry.

The answer is 6.....(rankings in brackets) then titles won (singles)

Fed (3) 74

Nadal (2) 50

Djok (1) 30

Murray (4) 22

Roddick (28) 31

Hewitt (187) 28

fabs said:
The "usual" would have seen him lose today. ;)

No, that's if he plays Nasal. Third final remember?

i just can't get behind him like i used to do Tim, i knew he hadn't got a hope in hell of winning, but he always gave it 110%, Murray has absolutely no personality, throws strops like a bid kid when its not going his way, and also falls to pieces, he was lucky today not to throw it away again today, no way should he have allowed Tsoga to break straigt back in the 4th

i just can't get behind him like i used to do Tim, i knew he hadn't got a hope in hell of winning, but he always gave it 110%, Murray has absolutely no personality, throws strops like a bid kid when its not going his way, and also falls to pieces, he was lucky today not to throw it away again today, no way should he have allowed Tsoga to break straigt back in the 4th

No sporting logic in your post.

These two players are amongst the best players on tour. They can beat anyone and often do. They are bound to lose games against each other, that's what brilliant sportsmen/women do.

The same Tim Henman who was disqualified for hitting a ball at a ball boy/girl.............

Until he loses on Sunday and then all you scots will be referring to him as British again :wacky:

Staff edit: No need for that, I think its fairly obvious Joe on this occasion was parodying the usual he is British when winning/Scottish when losing joke

Still chuffed a Scots in the final of Wimbledon though ....might just go and get some more salt :nuts:

Last edited by a moderator:

Did Timmy get to the Wimbledon final .......eh .......thinking ...

Help me out here ....can't seem to recall !

I wouldn't say Murray was lucky today,he went through a lull in his game ,quite come you know (y). even happens to Roger

Not going to get into the petty squabbles that are starting to raise on here, I've heard him being called Scottish as often as he is British when he wins or loses. If you care to listen to what people within the circuit say about Murray (sport journalists and other players) then what you see after the games is not the Murray they often see away from the cameras so less of the snap judgements on the fact that he doesn't seem comfortable in front of the camera and hey...after 4 hours of running around, I'm pretty sure most on here would be less than impressed with stupid questions such as "How tired are you?" and "That was a tough game?"

He's had in my opinon the tougher of the routes into the semi-finals and did well to beat Tsonga in 4 sets. Tsonga has risen through the rankings over the past year to number 5 and has the potential to win one of the big ATP tour events with ease. Murray has his work done against Federer, who is on another level at the moment. Will be routing on Murry, but tough against Federer

Scottish, British or European.... Doesn't matter to me, can't stand the guy and hope Federer wins. Tennis is an individual sport not a national one. If he was representing Britain I'd want him to win (although prefer someone else to be able to take his place) but he's not. He's representing brand Murray and i don't like it. Federer is a true winner and gent! His nationality doesn't put me off and (to stir it up) if it did, wouldn't that make me racist? :)

Federer is a true winner and gent! His nationality doesn't put me off and (to stir it up) if it did, wouldn't that make me racist? :)

Serious question, and seen this raised on other threads before but when did being Scottish/English/Welsh affect your race???

Did Timmy get to the Wimbledon final .......eh .......thinking ...

Help me out here ....can't seem to recall !

I wouldn't say Murray was lucky today,he went through a lull in his game ,quite come you know (y). even happens to Roger

no he didn't but i still can't get behind Murray, and it wouldn't matter if he was from Yorkshire, i just don't like him, am entitled to an opinion and i do think he was lucky, again my opinion, he should have had it tied up in 3

Watched the game there on delay
It was a good match and I'm delighted he's in the final, regardless of whether you think of him as Brit or Scot
And good to see his crack about the football rivalry never wound you up at all
:LOL:
Well done Andy :clap:

so less of the snap judgements on the fact that he doesn't seem comfortable in front of the camera
Hey. "Less of the snap judgments"... Really? Is that the tone you take all the time? After however many years of sullen strops and the same time without a single insight or example of generousity of spirit, how about less snap judgments about the rationale behind the general dislike of Murray, and unwillingness to forgive such a deficit of character?

And the Brit/Scot thing? I'll cheer any UK sportsperson, if they exhibit UK values. If they're utterly devoid of charm, and some subset of Scots want to say, "How dare you criticise him, because he's Scottish", well, that says far more about those Scots' racism and xenophobia than it does about anything else.

Last edited:
Back