Murray

i diddnt watch the match but sounds like Murray did ok. he needs to step up to another level to win the grand slam imo.

Andy was always going to struggle when the roof was closed. It makes it easier for a precision player like Federer to go for his shots. Saying this if Andy had served anything like in his last three matches it might have gone the distance.

I think Murray did really well getting to the final and losing to probably the greatest player of all time, is no disgrace. The pressure he was under must have been tremendous. The support was great, but a two-edged sword.
Full marks to him for his speech at the end. All great champions have to learn to lose gracefully.
Give the guy a break.

happy haggis said:
I think Murray did really well getting to the final and losing to probably the greatest player of all time, is no disgrace. The pressure he was under must have been tremendous. The support was great, but a two-edged sword.
Full marks to him for his speech at the end. All great champions have to learn to lose gracefully.
Give the guy a break.

Here, here!

I am not a tennis fan, and whilst I wanted Murray to win, I can't say as I have ever been a huge supporter [more to do with not liking tennis than the guy himself] however full credit to him for being the emotional and graceful loser. As a complete tennis numpty, it looked to me like he put up a fight and simply succumbed to an awesome player, but I suspect he has won a few hearts in his loss and a share of heart is a huge thing to have. ;)

Give the guy a break.

Well said............:clap:

I think he can be proud for what he achieved and he gave it a good go so all credit to him.

I don't like him though and a few tears for losing doesn't change that for me.

happy haggis said:
Give the guy a break.

+1

I think he did bloody well and I wish he had won.
I like Fed, but would rather see a Brit with the cup.
And for those of you whinging about an individual sport, bear in mind that whilst they may be wearing a Team GB kit, many many olympic competitors will be competing only for individual glory too.
Same goes for F1. Do you think "nice guy" Jensen would tread all over Lewis's face it it meant he could win the championship again?

*Edit*...OK I come off as whingy too...sorry but I'm peed off :(

Last edited:
Federer seems to play so effortlessly and seems so calm, always has plenty of time to play shots. Great player!

What annoyed me about Murray was when he challenged calls that were not even borderline.

cambsno said:
Federer seems to play so effortlessly and seems so calm, always has plenty of time to play shots. Great player!

What annoyed me about Murray was when he challenged calls that were not even borderline.

That was when he'd lost the plot completely.

Back