I may be completely off!

Museum.jpg

Very cool shot!

I love the result of your dedication!

You did well with the lines and may I suggest
some tonal tweaks? I did not see the place so
I may be completely off!

Museum.jpg
Cheers Kodiak, your rendition is good, i think true tones are half way between my copy and your copy but certainly still believable (y)
Very cool shot!
Thanks!

its a good shot of very interesting and classic building design of the age
i see rivets and cast iron...good in compression..columns adequately restrained at their junctions
any sway in the structure is taken out by the rigidity of the arched roof truss
where is it old chap...i think my old school was a bit like this
cheers
geof

its a good shot of very interesting and classic building design of the age
i see rivets and cast iron...good in compression..columns adequately restrained at their junctions
any sway in the structure is taken out by the rigidity of the arched roof truss
where is it old chap...i think my old school was a bit like this
cheers
geof
Its the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh. Its an amazing place for its content plus its own mix of classic and modern architecture.

Its the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh. Its an amazing place for its content plus its own mix of classic and modern architecture.
hell!!
chambers street...where's the pendulum then...
i was a frequenter of this in 1958 when i was in college in portobello
i went to see the mechanical engineering bit usually
cheers
geof

Its very good, as a matter of interest what lens did you use?
If it was not with a TS-E then its b*****y good

Its very good, as a matter of interest what lens did you use?
If it was not with a TS-E then its b*****y good
You will most likely laugh but it was taken with my little Panasonic LX3 (3 seperate images stitched in PS)
3qtr-01.jpeg

You will most likely laugh but it was taken with my little Panasonic LX3 (3 seperate images stitched in PS)
View attachment 103441
But it says Leica on the lens, so that's good. :whistle: It's a fine result Stuart, but I guess I'm more impressed with the apparent depth of focus than the tiered stitch -- care to share the aperture? (PS - the big version on Flickr really is worth clicking through to see the detail here. (y) )

But it says Leica on the lens, so that's good. :whistle: It's a fine result Stuart, but I guess I'm more impressed with the apparent depth of focus than the tiered stitch -- care to share the aperture? (PS - the big version on Flickr really is worth clicking through to see the detail here. (y) )
Aperture was F4

ep hand held at F4 1/30

Thanks for the comments guys (y)

ps Stuart...what pp did you use to do the stitching...
i have ICE just now
cheers
geof

Worth a punt geof if you already have access to Photoshop.

yes i have the photomerge and because of ham fisted takes didnt get it to work too well
then ICE was recommended and i got some satisfaction there...the joins werent so obvious...and i think i thought a bit about holding the camera properly etc
but i have some data here for my leeds castle shot recently and will run that through photomerge
i did use it recently to this silly shot

TR33 going mad smaller.jpg
it worked since i used a flipped shot and joined back to back so even i couldnt get a bad join
based on all that Stuart...you have cracked the morecambe and wise ditty...you cant see the join
cheers
geof

Back