Must be American.

Don't software licences pretty much all have boilerplate stuff saying the code is supplied as-is, with no warranty, expressed or implied, of any kind?
Then something about about you defending and holding harmless the publisher from any and all claims?

IIRC, HDD manufacturers also limit their liability to the cost of a new drive if yours dies, regardless of what was on it.

Also, how do you prove the value of intangible assets that no longer exist? I can't see a court (or Adobe) taking "because I said so" as proof.

Don't software licences pretty much all have boilerplate stuff saying the code is supplied as-is, with no warranty, expressed or implied, of any kind?
Then something about about you defending and holding harmless the publisher from any and all claims?

IIRC, HDD manufacturers also limit their liability to the cost of a new drive if yours dies, regardless of what was on it.

Also, how do you prove the value of intangible assets that no longer exist? I can't see a court (or Adobe) taking "because I said so" as proof.

Probably, but you know what the yanks are like. More than likely some fat cat lawyer, charging $500/hour has told him he has a good chance of winning.

some no win no fee shark will have him on the hook

IF they win it would create an intersting precedent. It may need to go all the way to supreme court (if accepted) as I can't see Adobe conceding at any stage.

Back