MW Classic cameras

Fraser Euan White

Suspended / Banned
Name
Fraser White
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anybody else used this company?

I made an online purchase ten days ago and paid £8 for the delivery of a lens hood.

The item hasn't arrived, not had a reply to email and no reply on the phone.

Just googled the company and they are getting terrible reviews with exactly the same complaints :-(

Has anybody else used this company?

Yes, sometime ago.

Dispatch of a camera that I bought was straightforward, without delay or problems, however the model that I received was not the model described in their website advert…...Not something that I expect from a "pro retailer"!

As it was, I didn't mind keeping it as the different features in the models were minimal and caused me no concern.

I've bought countless things from them over the years. They are absolutely terrible communicating via any electronic methods, but generally I would always get an answer when I called direct - that surprises me. I recall some mixed reviews on this forum as well; I've often gone and picked up the items in person which probably gives me a better experience, avoiding all the mess around delivery.

I bought a grip from them early this year (by phone) and had no issues. It probably arrived a day later than expected but otherwise without problems.

Ordered a lens from them in June over a weekend, had it in hand the Tuesday after. Before that it took them a week or two to get an order to me, had to call them up to ask what happened.

Yes once to source a hood. Got it quickly enough not raise concerns but don't remember the exact times.

I called them before ordering seemed like a helpful bunch.

I've bought a couple of items from MW without any issues. I think the items arrived two or three days after the order.

They seem to be having issues with their website at the moment, so it may be worth checking whether they actually received your order.

I'd definitely keep trying them by phone, rather than emailing.

there updating the web site is really slow, so things showing as in stock can already be sold. There communication is terrible as well.
But that aside they seem honest guys just not the greatest business men

Yep, bought loads of stuff over the years. They are effectively a one man band and certainly not dodgy, maybe a little disorganised, but if you give them a call I’m sure they’ll sort you out.

Personally I’m happy to keep using them and if it means every now and again that I have to call them and give them a nudge to get my stuff then I’ll go with that.

Over two weeks since I made the order - no item arrived and no reply to email or phone - can not recommend this company for distance selling! Started a dispute with PayPal now :-(

Over two weeks since I made the order - no item arrived and no reply to email or phone - can not recommend this company for distance selling! Started a dispute with PayPal now :-(

That is odd, they actually called me about an order yesterday for a minor issue, when I called back they answered straight away, and the package has been delivered today.

i have had one experience with them about 6 months ago with an olympus film camera, paid for the goods nothing for ten days. Eventually received an email saying they had been busy buying overseas somewehere. when i checked the reviews it seems that was the standard reply in their emails. Eventually spoke to someone on the phone received a refund a few days later.

I have been watching a Rollei SL66 on their eBay shop at a reasonable £629, which would have been £50 cheaper on Thursday with the 10% reduction. This thread has completely put me off buying from them, so I let it pass.

I have been watching a Rollei SL66 on their eBay shop at a reasonable £629, which would have been £50 cheaper on Thursday with the 10% reduction. This thread has completely put me off buying from them, so I let it pass.

£599 it hasn't gone up much as I paid £420 for mine about 40 year's ago. It was a slow seller about 20 year's ago when on commission Jessops (big branch in London) took about 3 months to sell mine and my 250mm lens took even longer.

Last edited:
£599 it hasn't gone up much as I paid £420 for mine about 40 year's ago. It was a slow seller about 20 year's ago when on commission Jessops (big branch in London) took about 3 months to sell mine and my 250mm lens took even longer.
It would be one of those purchases you really can't justify, since my Bronica SQ is perfectly capable and I've got backs and lenses for it. The Rollei has those bellows that "might" make all the difference one of these days, though. :rolleyes:

Shades of Rocky Cameras?
Having dealt with both I can confirm that MW Classic are nowhere near as bad as Rocky, Rocky is in a whole league of his own.

Having dealt with both I can confirm that MW Classic are nowhere near as bad as Rocky, Rocky is in a whole league of his own.

Unless you buy something simple from rocky like a lens hood and similar ;)

I opened a PayPal dispute and there was NO RESPONSE from the seller so a refund has been issued - I can not recommend this company for anything mail order as they just do not respond! With companies like ffords who are brilliant this is a real disappointment TBH.

Did they not answer the phone Fraser?

I have used them three times - the first time was for an RB67 lens, sent quickly and as described. Second time, an RB back and hood - the hood was the wrong one (correct type, but not the one I had picked) and the back was maybe a little poorer condition than the description - I contacted them about the hood, but didn't get a response (I let it go as the hood was only £10). Third time, I bought a Leica M3 and 50mm Summicron - they called me quickly to say that the Summicron had been incorrectly listed as M fit but was LTM and had I noticed. The end caps were on in the photo, and I hadn't. Due to the mistake they offered a Leitz LTM to M adaptor for free, which I agreed to, and the package was sent & received next day.

So a mixed bag, but I will continue to use them.

Hi Andy - I tried ringing about 4 times at different times of the day and never managed to get an answer; three emails also sent and no reply. I know how hard it is for small businesses as I run one but they would appear very disorganised.

well I am waiting on an order 11 days so far, so same as my 1st order with them. slow and really, really poor communication.
Was promised (after trying to get an answer a few times) it would be posted Monday, still not on its way. and no answer to a couple more emails sent. I really should of known better than to try to give them another chance. o well

well an update, still no sign of my nov 11th order and they are not returning contact so have requested a refund via paypal.
I've ordered twice from these guys and they have messed up both times. shoddy customer care. they could all least reply

well an update, still no sign of my nov 11th order and they are not returning contact so have requested a refund via paypal.
I've ordered twice from these guys and they have messed up both times. shoddy customer care. they could all least reply

h'mm what a way to run a business :rolleyes:

well it seems pp dispust made them reply but----------
they said "Hi Nick I will be sending the flash gun to you tomorrow.
I will also advise you of availability of the hasselblad accessories"

i didn't order any of that---I ordered two cameras on the 11th nov :eek::( so even with the order number they don't seem to have a clue what they are doing

Last edited:
well it seems pp dispust made them reply but----------
they said "Hi Nick I will be sending the flash gun to you tomorrow.
I will also advise you of availability of the hasselblad accessories"

i didn't order any of that---I ordered two cameras on the 11th nov :eek::( so even with the order number they don't seem to have a clue what they are doing
I should copy the reply to PP and explain this to them (if you haven't done so already), otherwise I can see this saga dragging on into the New Year!

I should copy the reply to PP and explain this to them (if you haven't done so already), otherwise I can see this saga dragging on into the New Year!
yep your right, its just disappointing really as I thought I would give them a second chance with this order and it seems to of gone the same as my 1st. shame they haven't resolved their business practices

Back