Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Now with added 5D3 Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 16 - The Long Walk

I saw this track leading into a local wood and with the light that was on it, it looks quite mysterious (y) so I thought that I would make this my POTD for today (y)

16/366 (381) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

I like that :D i wonder what it would look like b/w? :)

I did consider B&W but it didn't really have much impact, I think B&W would work really well there if there had been a little wisp of mist in the air (y) I'm pleased that you like it :D

Matt

Day 17 - Through New Eyes

This afternoon my latest purchases arrived, it was my new Samyang 8mm f/3.5 fisheye lens and I'm already very pleased with my purchase :woot: this is a church that I've taken hundreds of pictures of in the past but have never been able to capture this vantage point, this was only just achievable at 8mm there has been no crop on this image :D

17/366 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Like it Matt, pleased you love your new lens, look forward to seeing more shots with it (y)

Did you manage to get that filter for it :LOL:

Last edited:
Like the overall effect Matt particularly the seperation of the pathways....Perhaps just a fraction more foreground to emphasise the path junction a little more may have added the final touch for me.
I expect we'll be seeing more of your area through the eys of a fish over the coming weeks now that you have a new "toy"! lol
Keep em coming!

Like it Matt, pleased you love your new lens, look forward to seeing more shots with it (y)

Did you manage to get that filter for it :LOL:

Thank you (y) it's going to get quite a bit of use in the next couple of weeks :D not yet on the filter front :naughty: :LOL:

Liking that :)

Like the overall effect Matt particularly the seperation of the pathways....Perhaps just a fraction more foreground to emphasise the path junction a little more may have added the final touch for me.
I expect we'll be seeing more of your area through the eys of a fish over the coming weeks now that you have a new "toy"! lol
Keep em coming!

I know what you mean about a little more room in the foreground, I think to do that I should have gone for a slightly lower PoV

Indeed you will be seeing more FE photo's in the next few weeks :LOL:

Matt

I bet it will (y)

I have a number of locations that it's going to get used as I've found 17mm to tight :D including that reflection church from a few days ago but also on some star trails :D weather permitting (y)

Matt

Wow!, work is so dead tonight ive not seen a single person since getting here!!.
I was going to do some urban trails from out the front but left the tripod at home:bang:

Wow!, work is so dead tonight ive not seen a single person since getting here!!.
I was going to do some urban trails from out the front but left the tripod at home:bang:

Even worse mate, you've left it in the back of my car :LOL: I was considering dropping it round but have had some friends round and ended up sinking some sloe gin and a bottle of rose :D so not driving anywhere tonight :shake:

Day 18 - It's home time

A fresh take on my traditional light trail (y) it amazing what you can get in from 8mm it gives a whole new perspective of photography (y) at what's more some motorway police were obliging enough as to but a little bit of blue into my trails :police:

18/366 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Aww Matt .....I was just getting myself on track to try catch up with some of your previous light trails then you throw out an 8mm one......A superb effort too...Love it!
the blues being the finishing touch!

(Asha digs out his 10-20 and franticly searches google maps for a location to challenge Matts 8mm ) LOL

Aww Matt .....I was just getting myself on track to try catch up with some of your previous light trails then you throw out an 8mm one......A superb effort too...Love it!
the blues being the finishing touch!

(Asha digs out his 10-20 and franticly searches google maps for a location to challenge Matts 8mm ) LOL

Thanks Asha, I hope that you enjoy looking through my light trails (y) I enjoy capturing them :D your right the blues is the finishing touch, 8mm is just super for trails it will be getting more use in trails

I look forward to your efforts :D

Matt

Hiya Matt great pics with the fisheye Matt, the light trail is really cool.

Thanks Michael, I'm incredibly pleased with the purchase :D and I'm over the moon with tonight's light trails with blues just the perfect addition :D

Matt

I'm liking that.
I really like the overlap... time to hunt more under/over passes maybe? :D

Thank you :D I'm really pleased with this too (y) I have a few more ideas for this lens and light trails :D

Matt

Day 19 - Golden Eye

Another fish eye image this evening as the sun set over Warwickshire..here you see the church in Stoneleigh in the heart of Warwickshire, this is an angle that I've never been able to capture before at this church

19/366 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Ha ha you're having some good fun with this FE Matt....Another good effort...Gorgeous sky ( you seem to be getting quite a lot of nice sunsets in the uk at the moment ...better than the usual wet stuff eh??!! )
I'm quite envious as photographing in graveyards down here is a serious no no...darned shame as there are some really good shots to be had.
I have this idea of a moody scene with a stone crucifix in the foreground leading across a graveyard to the church with a cloudy sky ( preferably stormy clouds)....I'll never get to do it out here but perhaps it could give you an idea?
One question...How do you find the time to do a 366 ??...I have all on with a 52 film challenge!!

Ha ha you're having some good fun with this FE Matt....Another good effort...Gorgeous sky ( you seem to be getting quite a lot of nice sunsets in the uk at the moment ...better than the usual wet stuff eh??!! )
I'm quite envious as photographing in graveyards down here is a serious no no...darned shame as there are some really good shots to be had.
I have this idea of a moody scene with a stone crucifix in the foreground leading across a graveyard to the church with a cloudy sky ( preferably stormy clouds)....I'll never get to do it out here but perhaps it could give you an idea?
One question...How do you find the time to do a 366 ??...I have all on with a 52 film challenge!!

We are having a great start to the year (y) as to time it's one of the benefits to be self employed I can pick and choose when I work so I can give myself time take what I want (y)

Why is photography in grave yards such a nono in France, forgive the bigoted stereotypical view but I always thought that the french did what they wanted :LOL:

I am having a great deal of fun with this lens it's amazing to use :D

Matt

We are having a great start to the year (y) as to time it's one of the benefits to be self employed I can pick and choose when I work so I can give myself time take what I want (y)

Why is photography in grave yards such a nono in France, forgive the bigoted stereotypical view but I always thought that the french did what they wanted :LOL:

I am having a great deal of fun with this lens it's amazing to use :D

Matt

The french do do what they want ...The attitude is do what you want but don't get caught!! lol
I don't know for sure the reasons....there are signs on every graveyard strictly stating that photos ( along with many other things) is strictly forbidden.
Perhaps I could take a casual stroll around one nd try shooting from the hip.....

The french do do what they want ...The attitude is do what you want but don't get caught!! lol
I don't know for sure the reasons....there are signs on every graveyard strictly stating that photos ( along with many other things) is strictly forbidden.
Perhaps I could take a casual stroll around one nd try shooting from the hip.....

:LOL: Well guess the obvious answer then is not to get caught, I may have to look into it more though as I cannot think of a reason why they don't like photography in grave yards :shrug:

Matt

:LOL: Well guess the obvious answer then is not to get caught, I may have to look into it more though as I cannot think of a reason why they don't like photography in grave yards :shrug:

Matt

I've just read something online stating that it is illegal to take photos of tombstones "without prior permission" ....now then that possibly opens up new doors ...or more correctly gateways...cemetry ones!

I've just read something online stating that it is illegal to take photos of tombstones "without prior permission" ....now then that possibly opens up new doors ...or more correctly gateways...cemetry ones!

That's interesting (y) I cannot for the life of me think why that would be they obviously have some odd laws over that side of the channel :LOL: :cautious:

That's interesting (y) I cannot for the life of me think why that would be they obviously have some odd laws over that side of the channel :LOL: :cautious:

Welcome to France!! ....At least we drive on the RIGHT side of the road!!!!! lol

Looking forward to see what you come up with tomorrow ....another FE shot I suspect.

Have fun!

Welcome to France!! ....At least we drive on the RIGHT side of the road!!!!! lol

Looking forward to see what you come up with tomorrow ....another FE shot I suspect.

Have fun!

Never been (y) I will one day :D I'm sure tomorrow will be another FE I suspect the next few day's will be FE's but then I will move back to what ever lens I feel will do the job, I've been doing photo's that specifically needed the FE

Thanks for calling in an taking the time to have a look and comment (y)

Matt

Nice to see your already getting the most out of that fisheye! Your doing it justice!

Nice to see your already getting the most out of that fisheye! Your doing it justice!

Thanks Adam, it's looks to already be a very good investment I've got 3 photo's in the last 3 days that I would not have been able to get with my other lens (y) I'm pleased your liking what your seeing (y)

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back