Status
Not open for further replies.

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I think that I must be utterly mad :wacky: but having just a couple of hours ago finished my 365 challenge for 2011 it's time to get my thread started for my 2012 challenge, being a leap year it's that little bit more of a challenge :eek:

Thank you to all those that followed my challenge in 2011 I hope that you've all enjoyed it as much as I've enjoyed taking the photo's (y) It's been a massive learning experience for me one that I aim to continue into 2012 (y)

There is a slide show of my Challenge 365 - 2011 is viewable HERE (y)

Now onwards and upwards with my new challenge :woot:

As with all my images C&C is very much welcomed and appreciated :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Brave man, but I admire you for tackling it again. It is something I want to do next year (or when I pick up my own DSLR) to help expand my knowledge of the camera. Look forward to seeing more great shots from you.

Day 1 - Passing Time

Today I headed out to the National Memorial Arboretum to check it out in the hope of holding a future TP meet there (y) I didn't have a lot of time due to prior commitments but it was still more than worth the visit (y)

1/366 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

150 second exposure / ISO100 / f/8 with a B&W ND110 plue a soft ND Grad 8 and 2 (y)

Brave man, but I admire you for tackling it again. It is something I want to do next year (or when I pick up my own DSLR) to help expand my knowledge of the camera. Look forward to seeing more great shots from you.

Thank you :D I can totally recomend a challenge like this it's great for developing your skills and knowlege of your camera (y)

Good luck with it Matt, I shall keep an eye on your pics

Thanks Adam I'll be in to check yours out regularly too (y)

Excellent set of photographs Matt, I really enjoyed looking through them.

Thanks and welcome to the forum :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

Matt, a very nice photograph. I have been meaning to visit there for some time.

Thanks Nick, it's my intention to arrange a TP meet there later this year (y)

Matt

Matt, a super start to the year! I will take a look at your 2011 finale at some point this evening! (y)

Thank you Michael I'm rather pleased with this myself (y)

Matt

Good luck Matt! Looking forward to seeing your photos, great slideshow from 2011! :clap:

Thank you Rachel, 2011's challenge was really a lot of fun and setting yourself the challenge of using the camera every single day is a really great way to develop your photography but it is a lot of hard work, that's for taking the time to have a look and comment (y)

Matt

Best of luck, Matt!
As a 2 year veteran, I know that the 2nd year can be even harder than the first, but you can do it :)

Yes I happily put the camera down on Saturday night, but I felt like an ex-smoker trying not to pick up a cigarette for most of January 1st!]

I think I'll do a 52 this year just to keep my eye in :)

Yes I happily put the camera down on Saturday night, but I felt like an ex-smoker trying not to pick up a cigarette for most of January 1st!]

I think I'll do a 52 this year just to keep my eye in :)

I be it did :LOL: I was one of my considerations in doing it again I think that I would get withdrawals if I wasn't still doing it :eek:

I think you've got a great idea in doing the 52 as it's a sort of controlled release from the the addiction (y)

Matt

Day 2 - It's a small world

This afternoon I met up with fellow member Di (Di Stone) to give a little tutorial in light trailing but prior to meeting up I went to Burton Dassett Hills in the hope of a great sunset unfortunately although I did get a sunset it was not all that spectacular, but the visit to BDH did present me the opportunity to have a little fun with some PP that I've only done on one other occasion (y)

So from the top of the hill where I took this picture of the beacon I was overlooking one of the car parks and it made me think that that it would make a really nice miniature photo so with the use of a little faux tilt shift processing and (y)

2/366 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice start to the year Matt. First one does it for me. Really nice colours and long exposure. GOod luck for the year. Hopefully peoples threads will help me finish too.

Looking forward to seeing this years photos Matt. Already off to a great start. Interesting style on #2, works well and they do really look like little toy cars.

Thanks that's the idea, and best of luck in your own challenge I'll be trying to call in every few days (y)

Nice start to the year Matt. First one does it for me. Really nice colours and long exposure. GOod luck for the year. Hopefully peoples threads will help me finish too.

Thanks I'm rather pleased with the it too I have a clear idea in my head before even taking the camera out of it's bag on that one (y) and it works just like I was expecting it to (y) where as I when to take a different photo today but when I spotted this opportunity I knew what my processing was going to be (y)

Best of luck with your challenge I'll try and call in on a regular basis (y)

Matt

Day 3 - A Windy Day

What a day it has been today I never expected to a nice sunset today, nationally it's been a horrid day with high winds and driving rain, but about an hour before sunset in an almost divine action the clouds thinned and parted to I grabbed my tripod, camera and trigger and jumped into the car (y)

With the wind blowing very strong you could clearly feel just why Chesterton Wind Mill was built in this location as at one point my glasses were blown clean off my face and landed about 5 metres from where I was stood :eek:

3/366 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This is three exposures AEB (+/-2 and a 0) blended and tone mapped in Dynamic Photo HDR before moving to Photoscape for final tweaks

See THIS thread for this and a couple more images from this visit to the windmill (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
Off to a great start, I see!

Love the movement in the first, the faux-tilt shift in the second is really nice - like you said, it's all about finding the right place to use it, and you have, and the third is superb as well (y)

Really nice Matt.

Thank you Adam :D

Off to a great start, I see!

Love the movement in the first, the faux-tilt shift in the second is really nice - like you said, it's all about finding the right place to use it, and you have, and the third is superb as well (y)

Cheers Nick, I've had a really great start to the year I can only hope to keep up this standard for the next 363 photo's :eek: :cautious: :coat:

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back