Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Now with added 5D3 Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Matt day 600 is just something special in both personal achievement for yourself and also your photography challenge. Bloody love the photo

Thanks Vince, you never know you might get as addicted as I've got to the daily photo :D glad you like todays efforts it's like night and day compared to yesterdays effort

:woot: congrats on your 600th, what an achievement well done Matt :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks Dave I'm really very happy to have got this far :woot:

Matt

Thanks Vince, you never know you might get as addicted as I've got to the daily photo :D glad you like todays efforts it's like night and day compared to yesterdays effort

Already starting too :love the addiction

It really is a massive amount of fun to do as a challenge if you enjoy it which it sounds like you are (y) but best to have some easy ideas in the bank for those days that just don't work out or your lacking inspiration

Matt

It really is a massive amount of fun to do as a challenge if you enjoy it which it sounds like you are (y) but best to have some easy ideas in the bank for those days that just don't work out or your lacking inspiration

Matt

:LOL::LOL: You have forgot I live in warwickshire and I can pick your brains for ideas(y)

Day 236 - :clap: perfect 10/10 :clap:

No amazing sunset this evening though there was a nice glow from the small bit on sun on my back I went hot air balloon chasing again this evening with this successful concision though at one point it was looking like it was about to land in the garden on one house :D

But gotta give the pilot a perfect 10 for this landing, just gently put it down in the meadow no hassle at all

236/366 (601) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Yesterdays image my 600th also this afternoon became my 6th image to make it onto the fabled flickr explore :woot:

Matt
MWHCVT

Well captured Matt again a nice image, what is flickr explore ?

Thanks Vince, flickr explore is supposedly the top 500 images on flickr for 24 hrs, but that said no one really knows what it's about :LOL: it get your photo seen by a lot more people which can be nice :D

Day 237 - Quick Hide

Scrap that there's no hiding from this bad boy, now if only it said West Midlands Police on the side there would never be another car nicked in the area :naughty:

More than a little different to yesterday's flying craft but this is one of a pair that passed over my house this afternoon, I was a little caught on the fly so did manage to dial in the exact settings I would have liked as would have preferred a much slower shutter speed

237/366 (602) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Like you've said a slower shutter speed for a bit of rotor blurr would have made it better but still a good capture!
I think the UK police helicopters should all be replaced with one of these!:)
That would see crime rates fall!(y)

Nice hiding from that beast !! nice shot Matt. See too many of them around by me !!

We used to get fast jet's every few days but hardly ever now, but we do get a decent number of all the rotor fleet over :D

Like you've said a slower shutter speed for a bit of rotor blurr would have made it better but still a good capture!
I think the UK police helicopters should all be replaced with one of these!:)
That would see crime rates fall!(y)

Exactly Simon, the is a hint of blur in the rotor but had I be expecting them I would have dialled in setting to get about 1/125th and that would have made for much more appealing photo ;) there would only ever be one more car chase after there introduction and that would be it :rules: I was tempted to do a creative edit on it a la what I did to our local cement works on Day 186

Matt

Day 238 - Weather Front

It's been far too long since I've done a panorama so it was quite nice to get the chance to do one this afternoon, and while the sun was bathing the Warwickshire countryside with it's warm rays you can see a storm front rolling in :(

238/366 (503) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This was actually my first panorama from the 5D3

If you want to look at it in all it's glory you can CLICK HERE but I'll warn you it's 40mb plus file :eek: and 12711x5772px

Matt
MWHCVT

Again once again Matt a delightful warwickshire summer shot !!

Thanks Vince, I would have liked for there to be a couple of stacks closer to the camera position but that wasn't the case and wasn't able to get down as it's a private track :( it was really nice to do a big pano as not done on with this camera before :cautious: I don't think my computer liked having to work 13x 25mb files :eek:

Day 237 - Quick Hide

Scrap that there's no hiding from this bad boy, now if only it said West Midlands Police on the side there would never be another car nicked in the area :naughty:

More than a little different to yesterday's flying craft but this is one of a pair that passed over my house this afternoon, I was a little caught on the fly so did manage to dial in the exact settings I would have liked as would have preferred a much slower shutter speed

237/366 (602) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Love this shot! I would have been so giddy watching that come overhead.

Day 239 - Mafia Madness

Well a few hundred miles later and I'm home after a great trip out for the Annual Norfolk Mafia on a boat meet, and I had a great time, the border patrol were easily evaded you can see the good ship HMS Madness departing from the mooring off to the next port of call (y)

239/366 (604) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Looks like a great venue in shot 239, so tranquill. Great shot as always Matt

How was life on the boat?

It was a great meet (y) I actually didn't go on the boat as I wasn't sure about my leg it's been giving me a little bit of pain this last week so didn't fancy climbing in and out of the boat :(

Madness and boats made me think of this Nice pic Matt, where in norfolk were you?

:LOL: I can see why :LOL: I'm pleased with how this panorama came out (y) it was taken at Coldham Hall Tavern (y)

Matt

It was good to meet you yesterday Matt.

Good work on the panorama, like how you,ve caught HMS Chaos in the frame :LOL:

It was good to meet you yesterday Matt.

Good work on the panorama, like how you,ve caught HMS Chaos in the frame :LOL:

Was great to meet you too (y) and there's me thinking it was HMS Madness :LOL: looking forward to doing another Mafia meet :D now I've found a way past border control ;)

Was great to meet you too (y) and there's me thinking it was HMS Madness :LOL: looking forward to doing another Mafia meet :D now I've found a way past border control ;)

Definitely Matt, I mentioned that very subject over in the latest meet thread. There will I am sure be a Xmas Extravaganza, come along, the entertainment is errrrr.........legendary :LOL: (isn't it Lynton?) ;)

Definitely Matt, I mentioned that very subject over in the latest meet thread. There will I am sure be a Xmas Extravaganza, come along, the entertainment is errrrr.........legendary :LOL: (isn't it Lynton?) ;)

I'll have to keep on a Lynton to get a night time meet sorted, I'm sure a location can be thought up (y) and I'm sure I could come a long and erm lend a hand :D

Excellent for such a high iso Matt, the 5D3 seems to be great for that. I see this was taken with the big sigma too, seems a good combo.

Phil

Excellent for such a high iso Matt, the 5D3 seems to be great for that. I see this was taken with the big sigma too, seems a good combo.

Phil

I'm finding it to be an excellent combo, I think because it needs to be at f/8 to be at it's best the 5D3 and it's stella ISO performance work so well together :D I'm actually rather pleased with this :D I think it's my best grey shot so far (y)

Matt

Now I would be happy with that shot , bloody awesome and at iso 4000 too !!

Thanks Vince :D I'm pleased with it (y) the 5D3 really is an ISO beast (y) it handles it so well (y)

Matt

(y) Some wonderful photography in the challenges section !!

TP has some wonderful photographers, who are also genuinely great people who will do what they can to help others with there photography (y)

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back