Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Now with added 5D3 Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
The breast would be paler under those spots if it were a song thrush.

That's why I think blackbird too, but I think it's a Juvenile which is maybe what is making some question the ID

If it was a leucistic bird, then it would have a pale colour to it and would certainly stand out more. Your bird is a normal one. Though colours of blackbirds do alter a lot depending on the lighting,(in my experience) (y)

Indeed, I think it's just light because it's a young one from this year :thinking:

It is certainly a great hobby Matt, I have been brought up with it ever since I was born, seem some stunning birds over the years, from common to really rare.If you ever fancy getting a guide, this is one of the best

Now that looks good and the price is brilliant :D I may just order that beauty at the end of the month :D

just bto say mate the missus agrees with michael - you were doing fine with the ID til i stuck my oar in :LOL:

just bto say mate the missus agrees with michael - you were doing fine with the ID til i stuck my oar in :LOL:

The Missus hey mate, always right :D thanks for checking for me thought (y)

The dragonfly sculpture is a fab piece of work and a fantastic shot. Great stuff as always. Matt; the bird shots are lovely.

Thanks Tony, I really love that sculpture it's something special and nice to see art like that on the canals (y) pleased your still enjoying calling in here :D

I've been crap at calling in and feeding back on other people's work. I keep looking, but just never seem to find the time to comment.

I try and get in at least once a week though try and do twice, I think however though that you've got a very good few month old excuse (y)

Day 230 - Flower Time

This afternoon I noticed that this bush had bloomed today, it never seems to be out for long so I thought that I'd make it my photo for today (y)

230/366 (595) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Might aswell get some sunshine back in our lives with the weather we have had! I like that shot

Thanks I'm really pleased to have got a nice bright photo today as most of the day has been miserable

wait till you see mine in a sec...there was nothing but rain so I took inspiration from the shower of all things

I'll call in later and have a look (y) you have to work with what you've got around you :LOL:

Blooming hell Matt great minds ..............my shot todays is in bloom lol!! Love the shot pal !! Flower Power

They're just so great a getting a bit of colour and vibrancy into your thread and life :D glad you like it :woot:

Day 231 - Gold on Gold

This evening I went on the hunt for a nice scene to catch the sunset (y) and then I remembered this local field, I got chatting to the farmer while I was there, I think he was concerned I was another person come to trample his crop, but had a good chat and put his mind at easy, he is going to give me a shout when they start to harvest it (y)

231/366 (596) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice shot Matt....I've been meaning to capture the tractor lines in the fields for a few weeks now... But now they've started harvesting... Spoilt to ones I've seen..

Nice shot Matt....I've been meaning to capture the tractor lines in the fields for a few weeks now... But now they've started harvesting... Spoilt to ones I've seen..

Thanks Kev, I was lucky today as I was there the farmer came to see what I was up to as he had been having a bit of local trouble, got chatting and he is going to give me a call when they star harvesting so I can get some decent harvest pictures (y)

Nice shot Matt, good of the famer to let you know when he will be harvesting.

On a side note, we drove past a cracking windmill yesterday. A google search found an image on 500px with a star trail done with it.

Thanks Michael, I'm really pleased with it :D and that windmill looks great (y)

Well captured shot Matt !

Thanks Vince, today's photo will be from the same location I'm just editing them now got a call from the farmer to say that the harvest had started :D

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back