Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) - The Year of the Thousandth

Well it's time for my weekly forum catchup (watch these on Flickr though) Love the light painting, I still haven't bought a lenser, trying to find a good deal on one seems like finding hens teeth, I did get myself a new flash for a bargain so I will be trying that out soon. The wire wool shot is great, hoping to get out and try some soon, I need to get hold of a fire extinguisher first though just in case.
Keep up the great work and expect to see more of my shots "inspired" (imitation is flattery right?!) by you (y)

A row of horse steak knives.... Works for me Matt :)

:LOL: Glad you like it

Looks like it should be on the Whatisit thread :D

One like it had I think :)

Well it's time for my weekly forum catchup (watch these on Flickr though) Love the light painting, I still haven't bought a lenser, trying to find a good deal on one seems like finding hens teeth, I did get myself a new flash for a bargain so I will be trying that out soon. The wire wool shot is great, hoping to get out and try some soon, I need to get hold of a fire extinguisher first though just in case.
Keep up the great work and expect to see more of my shots "inspired" (imitation is flattery right?!) by you (y)

Very much appreciated, dependent on location of course but you really shouldn't need a fire extinguisher at this time of the year (y) glad overall that your enjoying what your finding in my thread (y)

Yeah I don't like the last one. Keep it up though!

No worries, I'm not all that keen on it myself as I said :LOL:

Day 54 - A mad night?

On a night out and the glasses are rolling around, the empties are getting left in the dust while the fresh pint sit's a waiting to be supped, at least this was the idea behind this photo as I sat there working at this 80th birthday party, I think possibly the quietest disco we have ever put on :cautious:

54/365 (785) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Concept was to have the empty still in motion on the table after being finished (y) while the next drink is there on station, ready, waiting (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Apart from the froth at the top, it looks more like the amazing invisible pint of lager to me! :LOL:

I get the concept but am not sure if there is maybe too much movement on the other glass? :thinking:

Looks good in B&W(y) How can an 80th birthday party be that quiet? Next time, tell them all to remove their hearing aids and whack the sound up! :D:LOL::LOL:

I actually really like the steak knifes... for not motivation etc etc it's a good one...

I agree with sam it does look like an invisible pint lol!!....:D

Apart from the froth at the top, it looks more like the amazing invisible pint of lager to me! :LOL:

I get the concept but am not sure if there is maybe too much movement on the other glass? :thinking:

Looks good in B&W(y) How can an 80th birthday party be that quiet? Next time, tell them all to remove their hearing aids and whack the sound up! :D:LOL::LOL:

I see what you mean :LOL: it does look like an empty glass :LOL: it really was a slow party, I don't really deal with the music side of things but I'm told we didn't surpass 2% power all night long :LOL: we never really go above about 30% power as there is just no need to but last night was something else :LOL:

I actually really like the steak knifes... for not motivation etc etc it's a good one...

I agree with sam it does look like an invisible pint lol!!....

Thanks T :D glad you like it

I like it Matt ...........great concept

Thanks Vince glad you like the concept as we are along those lines again today, somewhat deliberately :LOL:

Day 55 - And Rest....

It's been a real long weekend, with 5 hours sat in A&E talking with thedodo (Darrell) in his drug induced drunkness :LOL: he got injured while working resulting in some emergency surgery to relocate his shoulder :bang: not a happy bunny but it was funny some of the stuff he was saying when under the blanket of many different pain killing drugs :LOL:

This combined with two late nights of work has resulted in the fact that this evening I decided to just kick back and relax watching a film and enjoying the rock and roll lifestyle of a glass of Vimto :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

55/365 (786) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Love the dof on the back scratcher shot, and on Day 54, nice mono too. Like the concept on the pint, lol but it does look invisible ;), and love the simplicity of today's Vimto shot.

By the sounds of it you deserve more than a Vimto bud, enjoy

Was a stressful weekend :eek: but worse for Darrell :LOL:

The Pint shot works well for me! :)

Thanks Jake glad that you like it :D

It is funny when they give painkilling drugs isn't it, I remember my husband asking the nurse if it was the same blue fluid that they used to put the dog down with, when he was on a drip for gallstones.

Yeah he came out with some crackers :LOL: :LOL: some that I couldn't possibly post on the forum :LOL:

really like number 54 matt, :) some great photos since my last visit

Thanks Hayley, pleased that you like it and I'll be getting round everyone elses threads in a moment (y)

Day 56 - On the Crest

Now that I've edited I'm not totally sure that my idea works but my concept was to focus on the centre and have the entire sheild visible but not all in focus, but enough DoF to make out the shapes/patterns on the coins, that worked, just not certain that the idea was a good one now :LOL: I'm loving my current infatuation with B&W thought (y)

56/365 (787) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

I like the composition of this shot, but it is lacking in something that I can't quite put my finger on :thinking:

There's an alcoholic cocktail and I don't know about it???

Well it actually could hardly be called a cocktail, more a dirty mix but take one 50ml shot of port in a tall glass, add a little ice 3-5 cubes and top off with blue WKD to fill the glass, tastes just like vimto ;)

The mono works really well in this one, the detail is much clearer than in colour.

As for the drink, it's called a cheeky vimto, you can get it in a pub, so my son tells me :)

Thanks Sarah pleased you like it, and the drink can sometimes also be refered to as a dirty vimto, basically it's called different things depending on area your in :LOL:

Well I love port so need to try this!.... Both names sound good 'A dirty cheeky vimto' lol

Well I love port so need to try this!.... Both names sound good 'A dirty cheeky vimto' lol

Oh yeah, it is really very nice but don't waste a 20-30 year old port on it though ;)

OMG no I couldn't do that lol!!

Good Good, never good to waste the really good stuff, but is a really good drink, just don't let the teenager of the house know about it ;) as I'd struggle to tell the difference between non and alcohol versions :eek:

Day 57 - Wire Fire

Met up with Lynton and thedodo this evening for a little fun in the darkness of the Warwickshire wild wilderness here you see some colourful waves and a ball of fired up wire :D I do love a bit of night time fun and this location always delivers the goods (y)

57/365 (788) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Back