Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) - The Year of the Thousandth

Get rid of the Santa hat in your Avatar:D

Day 51 - Ball of Fire

I met up with a number of TPers last night in what turned out to be a rather cold Burton Dasset Country Park for a little bit of light painting fun, we didn't do as much as I'd have liked to have done simply because it was so cold and windy :bang:

51/365 (782) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Looks pretty good to me :D I feel I would be arrested as a fire hazard if I tried anything like that here :D

Looks pretty good to me :D I feel I would be arrested as a fire hazard if I tried anything like that here :D

It's funny that you say that, just as we were about the start the police turned up :LOL: though they didn't care what we were doing just wanted to make sure we we're not errrm :cautious: being naughty ;)

It's funny that you say that, just as we were about the start the police turned up :LOL: though they didn't care what we were doing just wanted to make sure we we're not errrm :cautious: being naughty ;)

hahaha thought that you were out dogging ;)

Turned out ok mate, and yes it was bloody cold...

Cheers mate oh yeah it was it took me about 30 mins to warm up :LOL: we'll do it again when a little warmer and if found a location ;)

Day 51 is awesome Matt , glad it was a good night

Thanks Vince it was a good but cold evening :LOL:

2 Fantastic shots again Matt ... so looking forward to this meet I hope to get to :D

2 Fantastic shots again Matt ... so looking forward to this meet I hope to get to :D

I hope that you do too Carol, as it will be a really stunning meet up there if the last is anything to go by (y) with the interest in this meet we may have to get both sides of the kilns running :D

I've had some wire wool stuck in the cupboard for about a year now, I really must get out and use it! Loving the orb though :clap:

Ferj said:
I've had some wire wool stuck in the cupboard for about a year now, I really must get out and use it! Loving the orb though :clap:

Thanks :) yes you should get out and use it but make sure you read my guide first (y)

Day 53 - Give a Man a Hand

Give that man a had, sometimes you just need a helping hand in getting something done, or just to scratch that itch :)

53/365 (783) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Another cool light painting shot with the wire wool, I keep meaning to try this but never get round to it.
Todays is nice though I think I would have liked to see a bit of the handle in focus too just so you know what it is.

Another cool light painting shot with the wire wool, I keep meaning to try this but never get round to it.
Todays is nice though I think I would have liked to see a bit of the handle in focus too just so you know what it is.

You need to do the wire wool :) it really is a lot of fun (y) I do see what you mean with todays (y)

Thanks as to where the party is, tomorrows is maybe a little to far to come from Leeds, but we do have a north yorkshire meet later this year that you should consider signing up for if you've not already ;)
Oh really? Where can I find out more?

That back scratcher reminds me of a christmas gift I bought for my brother many moons ago. He was always trying to get me to scratch his back, which I always found a bit weird..*Cough*..anyway, cool image! (y)

Oh really? Where can I find out more?

That back scratcher reminds me of a christmas gift I bought for my brother many moons ago. He was always trying to get me to scratch his back, which I always found a bit weird..*Cough*..anyway, cool image! (y)

:LOL: I know what you mean about the bit weird :LOL: as to the yorkshire meet, check my signature and there is a link to the thread there (y) the last one in December really was a lot of fun and I'm sure that one of the other leeds members would have space in the car for a car share (y)

Liking the bokeh balls in the back scratcher, but feel a touch more of the handle in focus would have been better.

Great back scratcher shot Matt !! always handy to have around

Thanks Vince and indeed they are :)

Liking the bokeh balls in the back scratcher, but feel a touch more of the handle in focus would have been better.

Thanks and yeah I see what you me re: more in focus

Love the spinning shot, bet that put any doggers off going there that night!
Good use of DOF in the back scratcher.

It really did put them off ;) and was a lot of fun glad you like them

ooh bokeh!!!!.... i remember my mum having one of these... we all used it ALL the time. such handy things and saves you looking like a monkey lol

Loving your wire wool shot Matt!

And in the words of Peter Griffin "BACK SCRATCHERRR!"

Glad you like them Jake and yeah I remember the one ;)

ooh bokeh!!!!.... i remember my mum having one of these... we all used it ALL the time. such handy things and saves you looking like a monkey lol

Indeed there some simple but so useful :)

like the shot but have to agree that a bit more of the handle would have been good :)

Hi, Matt - I love your sunset photo (De Parted Clouds), even if it wasn't what you went out for, very beautiful and tranquil and I like those teeny tiny people! :D

Springs This Way is lovely - great DOF and well composed....loving all of the shots of new life around at the moment!

Death At the Disco looks like it was great fun - bet you had a few of them turning in their graves there! :) But I love Ball Of Fire :)

I like the back scratcher but have to agree with those who said that more of the handle in focus would enhance the shot.

Hi, Matt - I love your sunset photo (De Parted Clouds), even if it wasn't what you went out for, very beautiful and tranquil and I like those teeny tiny people! :D

Springs This Way is lovely - great DOF and well composed....loving all of the shots of new life around at the moment!

Death At the Disco looks like it was great fun - bet you had a few of them turning in their graves there! :) But I love Ball Of Fire :)

I like the back scratcher but have to agree with those who said that more of the handle in focus would enhance the shot.

Thanks Sam, I'm pleased that overall you like that I've done recently (y) and all points taken :D I really need to think about something for today photo, thankfully I do a least have an idea today :cautious:

Day 54 - Life on the Edge

Not really feeling it today if I'm honest, a combination of being tired, zero inspiration and lack of motivation has resulted in this not all that interesting of photo :(

54/365 (784) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 54 - Life on the Edge

Not really feeling it today if I'm honest, a combination of being tired, zero inspiration and lack of motivation has resulted in this not all that interesting of photo :(
Ah but what is it? A cutting edge of some sort... but not a knife? I like the shadows of the serrated edge.

We all have days like that - but it does feel like a small sense of achievement to get a photo of something.

ShoeQueen said:
Ah but what is it? A cutting edge of some sort... but not a knife? I like the shadows of the serrated edge.

We all have days like that - but it does feel like a small sense of achievement to get a photo of something.

It's a row of stake knives ;) I do get what you mean though (y)

Back