Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) - The Year of the Thousandth

Winds of Time = Stunning! It's like the Windmill is admiring the sunset too!

Glad you are feeling better. Post more soon!

I'd like to thank everyone for there on going support in my challenge, I've not forgotten everyone and will be in to see you all soon and also getting this thread back up to date, I've still been shooting but have not been in the mood or had the time to get them edited and online, I've hardly been onto TP in the last week I've been having a bit of a torrid time of things away from photography but hopefully things will be looking up soon

Matt, my camera group might be coming up to Chesterton Windmill, the Thursday after next (16th May), if you are around, pop out & say hello.

Drop me a message closer to the time to remind me and I'll make sure that I call on by :D

Hope you get back on track soon - it's quite hard work to get caught up again.

Day 114 - Launch Control

Right time to try and get caught up now I don't feel like death, I've really not been well over the last 3 weeks as I've had a really nasty chest infection that have really knocked me out, this is mainly due to other respiratory issues that I suffer with :(

This is what I thought made a interesting angle at my local hospital, I was visiting my dad who has also not been well this last month

114/365 (845) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt

Day 115 - All lines

All lines leading to nowhere in particular this is again a hospital photo, I think that it's interesting that the it's so plain and utilitarian I think that out hospitals have become like factories of the sick

115/365 (846) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 116 - Flower love

It looks like this little one is looking longingly at this magnolia head, I was really pleased with how this came out I was just starting to get ill as this one was captured :(

116/365 (847) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 117 - Tech Time

This really isn't the most interesting of photo's but it is a significant one, this shows the birth of my new editing computer that I am currently posting this photo from, and it's builder, my cousin in law and fellow TPer Darrell (thedodo)

117/365 (848) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 118 - Quenching a thirst

Although not feeling that good I had arranged to attend the wartime in the cotswolds TP meet and it was a great day even if I maybe didn't get the very most out of it that I could have because I was feeling crap :(

118/365 (849) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 119 - Mr Blue Skies

This was the first time that I had seen blue skies in ages so I needed to get a photo, this was another visit to hospital to see how my dad was getting one, was really starting to struggle by now :(

119/365 (850) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 120 - Inner Beauty

I've never really looked inside of a magnolia flower before but I now think they really are prettier on the inside than they are on the outside (y)

120/365 (851) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 121 - Suffering

I was really getting bad now struggling to actually do anything let alone thing about a POTD so this was a abstract of the case of my new computer that you saw being built earlier

121/365 (852) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 122 - Struggle

I struggled and made it down to the garden this day to grab a photo of our pond, it has been out of action for a few years but we have had a couple of guys in to get it back into commission, just need to get some fish for it now :)

122/365 (853) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 123 - Sign of life

I may have been on my last legs but at least the garden was showing that it was coming back to life, now the hedge is a full green and lush display from this one little showing

123/365 (854) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 124 - We have life

Finally after a little bit of a wait my computer was powered up for the first time the delay was waiting for the monitor to come into stock :D this shows some of the fan lights on the case of the computer, it's very flashy :LOL: :cautious:

124/365 (855) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 125 - Toddy Needed

I was feeling really down in the dumps when taking this one, the occasional hot toddy was the only way that I open my lungs up enough to breath without being on my mask, but I was struggling to stand long enough to even make the damn things

125/365 (856) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 126 - Blurred, Washed out....

...yeah thats about how I was feeling on this day. This was my worst day, I only got about of bed for about a total of 15 minutes, hence this was how I was feeling blurred and confused, this is a photo of the control panel to my NIV system

126/365 (857) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 127 - Diagnosed

I had the doctor out today as I was feeling so bad, I don't normally like to call on the doctor unless I really need it...you can expect drugs to be a bit of a feature but I'm no junkie ;)

127/365 (858) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 129 - Pill Popping

Popping another antibiotic from the pack to try and rid myself of the chest infection that I've managed to be inflicted with :(

129/365 (860) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 130 - Foooood!!!!

This sandwich is the first thing that I'd eaten in 4 days mainly because I just couldn't muster the energy to get myself something to eat :(

130/365 (861) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 131 - My sister the best

My sister went out and did a little bit of shopping for me and brought back some wonderful chocolate moose, they went down really well :woot:

131 365 862 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 132 - Randomness

I know this is a bit of a weird one but this week I've been making a fair amount of use out of this little thing, I wonder if anyone knows what it is

132 365 863 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 133 - Last of the course

This day and photo marked the last of the antibiotics that I was prescribed, having finished this course I was still not completely well so another visit from the doctor was called for

133 365 864 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 134 - Brownie

It was a pleasant treat to get this chocolate brownie, my cousin went and did a little shopping for me so that I had some food in the house now that I was starting to feel a little better

134 365 865 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 135 - More pills

After another visit from my doctor is was agreed that I still needed some further medication to really kick the arse of the infection that had dragged me down, so these horse sized pills are the order of the week

135 365 866 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Day 138 - This is my camera

Well it is and it isn't, it's actually my 450D but that camera see's very little use since the arrival of the 5D3 last year not that I could be without the 450D

138 365 869 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Blimey that was a huge catch up - some interesting shots in there, but that little bird with the Magnolia is so cute.

Hope you are fully recovered now ;)

Well done on the catch up Matt & you've done well to carry on. I'm in hospital for an operation on my legs on 6th June, so just hope I've got the gumption to carry on like you have done.
I am considering asking the surgeon to take a picture of the op for my photo of the day. Not sure he will though.

Blimey that was a huge catch up - some interesting shots in there, but that little bird with the Magnolia is so cute.

Hope you are fully recovered now ;)

I'm nearly there, I've got to get my fitness levels back up and then improve them further, but that is another issue ;) glad you like that as I think that it's about the only one that I really like from the last few weeks of illness

Great to have you back Matt !!

I'm glad to be back, I hope that I'll be catching up on others threads in the next day or so (y)

Well done on the catch up Matt & you've done well to carry on. I'm in hospital for an operation on my legs on 6th June, so just hope I've got the gumption to carry on like you have done.
I am considering asking the surgeon to take a picture of the op for my photo of the day. Not sure he will though.

I'm sure that you'll manage it, it's been really hard to get up the momentum to carry on but I had to keep at it it's been a blooming long challenge and I intend to finish it (y)

OMG! Looks like you had a really rough time of it. I'm guessing 132 is a nose tube thingy, so did you need oxygen at some point? Anyway, glad you are on the mend and hope you make a full recovery soon.

P.S. I really like your hospital shots.

Back