Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) - The Year of the Thousandth

I'll need to learn how to it, then pick the right time (rush hour?) - is it better to have some light in the sky or really dark?

Oh light in the sky is always best :D and rush hour, it's the perfect time of the year at the moment, basically you want to be shooting in the hour after sunset ideally you'll shoot between 15-30 minutes after sunset, basically your waiting till it's dark enough to get a minimum of 30 second exposure (y)

It might be worth you giving my guide to light trails a quick read through (y) if you check my signature there's a link to my guide to light trails in the tutorials section (y)

Hi Matt. Found your dominoes interesting and the comparison with your previous shot. Hopefully I will be able to look back in a couple of years and see how I have improved. Really liking the look of your new toy too, can't wait to see what you produce with that.

Phil

Great - that's exactly what I need - thanks! Will check that out.

If you've any questions after reading it then please ask and I'll answer your questions (y)

Hi Matt. Found your dominoes interesting and the comparison with your previous shot. Hopefully I will be able to look back in a couple of years and see how I have improved. Really liking the look of your new toy too, can't wait to see what you produce with that.

Phil

Thanks Phil, glad you like it Phil and I'm pleased you can see the improvement (y) I've very excited about the arrival of my new toy, I'd expect to see quite a few different images from it in the weeks after it arrives :rules:

Matt

Hi Matt,

Just checked out your new 2013 thread.

1 - Windmill - haven't seen that one before! :LOL: Nice colours!!
2 - Like the bokeh treatment on Flower Lady.
3 - Nut - Not too keen on the shot but the idea behind it is spot on!
4 - Bird - Nice looking chap.
5 - Always like your trails - like the doubling up effect of busy road and not so busy road.
6 - Dominoes - Superb idea - right amount of blur in the background. Not really possible after day 12 though!!

Cheers

Hi Matt,

Just checked out your new 2013 thread.

1 - Windmill - haven't seen that one before! :LOL: Nice colours!!
2 - Like the bokeh treatment on Flower Lady.
3 - Nut - Not too keen on the shot but the idea behind it is spot on!
4 - Bird - Nice looking chap.
5 - Always like your trails - like the doubling up effect of busy road and not so busy road.
6 - Dominoes - Superb idea - right amount of blur in the background. Not really possible after day 12 though!!

Cheers

Thanks for the round up Bob, much appreciated, glad over all you like them (y) and totally take your point on the windmill :D it does show up quite often ;) as to Day 6, you can do it after day 12 you just have to use more domino's but I'll not be doing another one this year anyway :D

Nice simple but effective shot for yesterday and I am very envious of that toy you've ordered. Bet you will be tempted to make Jedi sword noises when you use it :)

Thanks Sarah, and your assuming that I don't already do that with the light sabres I already own for light painting ;) seriously thought it's going to be an amazing addition to my light painting arsenal :D

If you've any questions after reading it then please ask and I'll answer your questions (y)
I've had a look and I think I now need to have a go and see what I come up with, what goes wrong and then I might have some questions! Its to get a lot colder later in the week - should have done it on those lovely mild evenings!

I've had a look and I think I now need to have a go and see what I come up with, what goes wrong and then I might have some questions! Its to get a lot colder later in the week - should have done it on those lovely mild evenings!

The trouble is the light trail season is really from mid to end of September through till around end of April mid May :( not the warmest months of the year :LOL: Well you know where I am should you need and help (y)

:D told you I was a little :wacky:

I'm dying to do some star trails but its too cloudy.

I'm dying to do some star trails but its too cloudy.

Your not the only one suffering on that front, I really need to do a star trail I've not do a proper one in well over a month :(

Day 7 - Critical Number's

Got to get these numbers in the right order you know ;) well that's what I keep telling my self, as all those that started on new years day well done :clap: you've made your first week, now to move through to your first month (y)

7/365 (738) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Critical numbers always handy to remember, nice shot Matt

I know, so why do I always use the wrong pin for each of my debit cards :bang: glad you like it buddy :D

I do like this one! I am terrible with numbers though... I don't know the pins for any of my cards.. my husband has to deal with that because I just forget o_O

I do like this one! I am terrible with numbers though... I don't know the pins for any of my cards.. my husband has to deal with that because I just forget o_O

:LOL: Toni, I used to work for a credit card company and the amount of times per day I'd have to send out new pins is unreal :LOL: :LOL: so your not alone :D gld you like it :D

It works well i like it!(y)

I don't have a problem remembering number put still manage to press wrong keys lol :bonk:

It works well i like it!(y)

I don't have a problem remembering number put still manage to press wrong keys lol :bonk:

:LOL: that's me all over, I've got fat finger syndrome, at least that's going to be my excuse ;) glad you like the photo (y)

haha cant remember my facebook password let alone one on the phone LOL nice shot

The worrying think is I struggle with my facebook pass word so have to keep it logged in :LOL:

haha my laptop remembers mine for me so i don't have to worry there haha never log out of here tho wont get back on haha

I don't think that I've ever logged out of TP since I joined, I love it too much here :D

haha logged out once, had to change password lmao

yes it is good im on one today with posting lol,

Hey, that's a good thing, I've put on a lot of post this week, I always do at this time of year :eek:

well thats okay then, been doing paper work all day so think i needed to let lose lol should go to bed considering i have to be up a 7 tomorrow but my head says no lol

god what is it with everyone on earlies, a friend on facebook has to be up at 5:15 in the morning, this is why I used to work the late or night shift when I was at my old job :LOL: I'm really not a morning person ;)

god what is it with everyone on earlies, a friend on facebook has to be up at 5:15 in the morning, this is why I used to work the late or night shift when I was at my old job :LOL: I'm really not a morning person ;)

haha was up at half 6 this morning to get to work on time lol had to be at work at 9 im a wierd one that prefers to walk it takes me an hour to walk to work, and i have to be early so i leave at half 7 :p don't start till 10 tomorrow so its a lie in for me.

when i used to train race horses i started work at 6am and didn't finish till 6pm

haha was up at half 6 this morning to get to work on time lol had to be at work at 9 im a wierd one that prefers to walk it takes me an hour to walk to work, and i have to be early so i leave at half 7 :p don't start till 10 tomorrow so its a lie in for me.

when i used to train race horses i started work at 6am and didn't finish till 6pm

No that just wouldn't work for me, I'm a night owl as you'll have noticed from the amount of after dark photo's you'll have seen me post (y)

All the fun really happens after dark thought :naughty: you get to burn stuff and have lot's of fun with torches etc :D

haha i do want to try but I'm on my own down here and the friends get bored of me taking photos and i dont really live in a neighbour hood were a 19 year old can walk around with her tripod d5100 and all her kit in a bag safely :(

you get to burn stuff..... worried haha

haha i do want to try but I'm on my own down here and the friends get bored of me taking photos and i dont really live in a neighbour hood were a 19 year old can walk around with her tripod d5100 and all her kit in a bag safely :(

you get to burn stuff..... worried haha

You'll have to come up to Warwickshire one night and I'll treat you to night of all sorts of night time photography fun, we do all the mad stuff up here :D wirewool, domes, orbs, and all sorts of other light painting :D

You'll have to come up to Warwickshire one night and I'll treat you to night of all sorts of night time photography fun, we do all the mad stuff up here :D wirewool, domes, orbs, and all sorts of other light painting :D

When i pass my driving test might have to take you up on that offer h

Back