My 2016

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd take a look back at my year in pics with a little review and chuck em up here.

#1 - Was really pleased with this one, the eye contact made it for me.

Charlie and Grandad
by David Raynham, on Flickr

#2 - Then we had some snow

baa-ram-ewe

#3 - Then the snow cleared

One Tree Hill

#4 - Then climbed Cadair Idris in the middle of the night for sunrise with @MattyW - (Note Matalan joggers @Julian Elliott @gregww1 @Craig_85 ;) )

Llyn Cau below Craig Cau

#5 - Then amazingly went to shoot The Mid Wales Stages on the same day :eek:

Mid Wales Stages 2016

#6 - Go on then, have another!

Mid Wales Stages 2016

#7 - Oh bugger it, and another.

Mid Wales Stages 2016

#8 - Then back to the good old Peak District for some inversion loveliness.

Golden Hope

#9 - #norisk #nojoggers #goretex

Winnats Selfie

#10 - Then moved on to Donington for the Historic Festival. The noise was immense.

Donington Historic Festival 2016

#11 - It rained...

#12 - And then rained some more

#13 - Then i shot the daughter

Lily

#14 - Then i went to The Roaches and did some modelling

Overlooking The Canopy

#15 - And then some yoga at Bamford

underneath the setting sun

#16 - We went to the beach...

The Patterns of Sunrise

Last edited:
#17 - Then it was back to the Peaks to find The Trinnacle.

The Trinnacle

#18 - Found some light...

The Vale of Edale

#19 - ...And some cloud

The Defiant One

#20 - Found this on the doorstep

Morning Mists

#21 - Found a gap in some trees

Autumn at 24mm

#22 - Found a some flare...

Autumn at 24mm

#23 - Found some contrast

Autumn at 24mm

#24 - And a Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Last edited:
#25 - Winter light is nice to play with

Winter Sunshine

#26 - But sometimes you get grey, meh.

Smiling Eyes

#27 - Shot some buildings too

Lily

#28 - My aviation photography was on point also

Liverpool

#29 - Then i found a man appearing out of some curves

Liverpool

#30 - And then he was gone

Liverpool

If you've made it this far, then thanks for sticking with it. Thanks to everyone here too who I've had a laugh with over the last 12 months, some good banter for sure. Looking forward to 2017, who knows what it will bring.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

Last edited:
Hi Dave.
Some belters in there I remember most of them from when they were posted. Great to see the lone man selfies in the wild all together, they seem to work even better like that. For some reason I really like the sheep one (steady) !
I wouldnt mind capturing a few of those where the subject is way low in the frame too have not done that before.

All the best to you and yours.

Gaz

Some great photos there Dave, you should feel pretty chuffed with those!

Hi Dave.
Some belters in there I remember most of them from when they were posted. Great to see the lone man selfies in the wild all together, they seem to work even better like that. For some reason I really like the sheep one (steady) !
I wouldnt mind capturing a few of those where the subject is way low in the frame too have not done that before.

All the best to you and yours.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. You would rock the low composition, I look forward to seeing your takes on it.

Risky....

Glad I lived to tell the tale...

Some great photos there Dave, you should feel pretty chuffed with those!

Thanks Dave, much appreciated. I do with some of them for sure. Thanks for stopping by.

Great to look through these shots again David. I particularly like #2, #12 and #19.

All the best to you and yours for 2017.

Cracking stuff mate, love that one of your daughter shooting up. Only issue I have with some of the landscapes, is that you seem to get some chap in most of them.

I think these shots are just stunning and beautifully taken, if I had to pick one, then it would be #19 And some cloud. I love it because of the moody sky and clouds, but what sticks out in it for me is, the tree just near the top just makes it wow :plus1::plus1:

Thanks Dave. It's a shot to death location but I'd never really shot it seriously so was pleased to get something from it.

Great to look through these shots again David. I particularly like #2, #12 and #19.

All the best to you and yours for 2017.

Thanks Pete. Glad you like them. Have a great new year and 2017!

lovely stuff :)

Thanks Dan.

Cracking stuff mate, love that one of your daughter shooting up. Only issue I have with some of the landscapes, is that you seem to get some chap in most of them.

Cheers Kris. You making it sound like she's a druggy :D

Yeah the guy following me around is starting to p*** me off too. ;)

1 camera and 2 lenses and I've got too many. You're just greedy.
I have only used 1 camera and 2 lenses in the last 2 months - the others are sat gathering dust.

I am not sure big cameras and lenses are the right direction for most of my photography. Fast moving wildlife needs it (for now) but I am finding that a small camera and lens setup means I can carry it with me more often and I am more than happy with the results and making good use of the extra features the Olympus offers.

Today was a key day as I went out to photograph a specific landscape and the D810 should have been the obvious choice. I just picked up the small bag with the M43 in it and went.

I think that is a common reoccurring theme amongst many photographers. When i tried m43 i liked the idea and the lenses available and the feature set of the bodies, but for me the files just lacked a little something. Could never put my finger on it, perhaps it was bit depth or the colour or contrast or whatever but what i will say is that it was probably the sharpest setup I've ever owned. The Oly 25 and 45 lenses were sweet. As was the plastic fantastic 40-150. Can only imagine how good the new pro lenses are!

Fantastic set of images matey!
Difficult to choose a favourite from the set, I'm drawn to all the ones of your family over the landscape ones (as good as they are).
Have you given any thought to producing a book of the year?

Fantastic set of images matey!
Difficult to choose a favourite from the set, I'm drawn to all the ones of your family over the landscape ones (as good as they are).
Have you given any thought to producing a book of the year?

Actual lols. I actually lol'd. It would be more of a pamphlet than a book. :D

Thanks for stopping by mate, really appreciate it. Not like you to prefer portraiture... :whistle:

Actual lols. I actually lol'd. It would be more of a pamphlet than a book. :D

Thanks for stopping by mate, really appreciate it. Not like you to prefer portraiture... :whistle:

:D You must have more images from last year that'd fill out a book?

No, it's not like me is it? ;)

ETA, you must be able to fill a book with the images of your little 'uns alone, even without the landscapes?

Last edited:
Back