My 365 - Something different every day - Tuesday 05/08/08

i musn't have pressed submit eariler - sorry,

I love the image, it was dont in a mag not so long ago but they cheated and drawn shapes for the drop to reflect, this is natural and IMO great, Keep that chin up and the shutter button down ;)

hey whittie,

just surf on the net, and found this great forum. i like how you took pictures, its simple but have lots of meanings for it. what is the setting for your camera when you took pictures? or you do lots post processing. it will be great if you can share with me. good luck with jobs, i'll be stopping by every now and then to this thread

cheers

Day 42: Graffiti & A little reflection. Caught my eye in a corner of a carpark so thought it should have a picture :)

No photoshop.... used flickrs editing programe caled Picnik.... Fair play it's pretty good :LOL:

Thanks for looking

hey whittie,

just surf on the net, and found this great forum. i like how you took pictures, its simple but have lots of meanings for it. what is the setting for your camera when you took pictures? or you do lots post processing. it will be great if you can share with me. good luck with jobs, i'll be stopping by every now and then to this thread

cheers

Welcome to the Forums mate. I'm glad my thread has of been interest for you. I don't do much processing on the images, just a few little tweaks, contast boost and sharpen them a little sometimes.

If you have a look on my flickr, on a selected picture, click underneath "Nikon D60" Where it says More Properties and you'll see what settings the pictures were used. Example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexwhitfield/2661173381/meta/

Day 43: Went down to the beach with romper stomper (Rob) tonight, ended up taking 80 pics in less than 30 mins somehow? This was on of my favourites anyway :)

Thanks for looking

That is a corker dude! Love the shallow depth of field and where the focus is, really a nice shot (y)

Whittie, you have cracked this game wide open. Can't imagine your shots in a few years!!

Gary.

those last two shots are amazing whittie, well done!(y)

have now subscribed to your thread, keep it going!

Cracking images whittie, really like the comp and the depth of field.... very nice.....

Shutterman

Just catching up with your 365 and loving them, amazing quality in such a short time too.

The job situation sounds painful for you, I'm truly sorry to hear it too. Have you tried the local hospitals for IT based jobs? Might be worth throwing a CV their way too.

I really hope that you get sorted soon.

Love it Whittie, the graffiti shot would of been nice in the contrast entry this month...

Love the picture of the sea, I love the water and this makes me want to be there loads!

Awesome shots mate!

hi whittie, i really like the graffiti shot, love the reflections too.

Thanks for the comments.

Day 44: Sorry about todays, boring, out of focus. No motivation today, went out a few times with the camera, and came back with nothing. Ended up walking up a big hill behind my house, and there was no sunset. Oh well

No need to get wired whittie, there seems to be barb in you narration tonight...

Cant have it all everyday least you have posted an image from outside the house and achieved todays target... It is in focus just a very narrow band...

Just think tomorrow is another day full of promise...

Or same S^%t different day..

Keep smiling.

Shutterman

A bit more DOF and I think it would have worked mate. I dont suppose you were up the great orme about half 11 tonight with a green laser were you?

Thanks for the comments.

Day 44: Sorry about todays, boring, out of focus. No motivation today, went out a few times with the camera, and came back with nothing. Ended up walking up a big hill behind my house, and there was no sunset. Oh well

Dude, great image to describe your jagged feelings.

Keep it up,

Gary.

No need to get wired whittie, there seems to be barb in you narration tonight...

Cant have it all everyday least you have posted an image from outside the house and achieved todays target... It is in focus just a very narrow band...

Just think tomorrow is another day full of promise...

Or same S^%t different day..

Keep smiling.

Shutterman

Lot's of puns going on in your narration tonight too :LOL:

Yup tomorrow's a new day with fresh ideas and a clear head, fingers crossed it'll be better than today. Thanks for the comments :)

"dont worry about a thing *** every little thing gona be alright..."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YQNuEFpwLIM
enjoy

Haha! Thanks for that, put a smile on my face :)

A bit more DOF and I think it would have worked mate. I dont suppose you were up the great orme about half 11 tonight with a green laser were you?

I know what you mean with the focusing etc, but I didn't really want a decent image from it. Was sort of portraying i've had a crap day, but didn't manage to do it very well :LOL: And no it wasn't me on the Orme mate, haven't got my laser yet :LOL:

Dude, great image to describe your jagged feelings.

Keep it up,

Gary.

Thank you mate, think we all have days like that :)

Last edited:
Doing good here :D like what you are doing
i also thing there is a CS invasion going on :LOL:

Thanks mike :)

Day 45: Went for a walk along the beach with my Uncle & his dog today. Got quite a few of barney the dog, but this was one of my favourites.

I think it's best viewed large. (click to enlarge)

Thanks for looking!

Wet dog...I hope you didnt let him in your car. The smell wont come out for weeks :LOL:

Lovely shot mate. Thats the beach I used to walk Rambo on :(

Very nice whittie, I like the way its only hit marks in the sand, nice comp..

Shutterman

Love dogs, they are always good to have around when you need a friend...

Good photo matey! (y)

Thanks again for the support and comments :)

Day 46: Well, i'm going to copy and paste a 'story' from another thread, I wanted it to be in my 365, but thought it deserves its own thread too.

I'm out of a job at the moment, and my old man asked if I could give him a hand with a job he is working on. (General Builder).

Before I went into the building I spoke to a neighbour there. It's an insurance job, (re-fit ceilings, floors and everything in the building).

I spoke to the neighbour, and he started talking to me about the chap who previously lived in the house. He said he was born in the house in the 1930's, and lived with his parents up to the age of 30 where he moved closer to a Welsh town (Caenarfon) He moved back 5 years later to look after his ill mother. He stayed in the house untill three months ago.

I don't know the neighbours name, but i'll call him Bill. Bill told me that on 1st May this year, he had a knock on the door at 2am, it was his neighbour the other side of him, shouting and screaming that the middle terrace house is on fire. Bill had a house key for the house which was glowing orange, within seconds he had the front door open, shouting at the other neighbour to call 999. The fire was in the lounge where the front door was, it was far too strong to enter and he explained to me that he couldn't breathe because of the sheer heat, the smoke didn't bother him. He quickly ran round the back door, after three attempts at kicking it in, he smashed the kitchen window and crawled through it. Within seconds he was coughing his guts out, and losing vision. He was shouting for Peter, failing to get a response, he was looking through the door from the kitchen that connected the lounge, and Peter was nowhere to be seen, he put his dressing gown over his head and ran through the flames to the stairwell, and up the staires which were on fire at the bottom. He burnt his hands severl times on the hand rail, trying to find his best friend and neighbour. He found him on the landing with his feet on fire (small flames), and semi naked due to the fire burning him he dragged him to the bathroom at the back of the house, which was the only room without flames or too much smoke. After getting no response from Peter, Bill started to think ahead on how he'd get out, and get peter to an ambulance or hospital.

The neighbour from the other side of Bill shouted from the back of the hosue "They're on their way!" They turned the hose on and started to water down the flames which were now in the kitchen. After what Bill described as a lifetime the fire brigade and ambulance came around 15 minutes after calling them. The paramedics were unable to get to the pair in the bathroom, untill partial flames had been put out. After another 5 minutes the paramedics took the pair to the hospital. Peter regained consciousness in the ambulance, but died two days later.

With a tear in his eye, bill was telling me about the worst time of his life, and after all of the memories he's had, including his wedding, his childeren being born, and graduating university, they now mean nothing. As Peter's death was constantly on his mind. Bill said how he sat in his lounge for days thinking of ways he could of saved his life.

I just thought i'd share the story which I recieved upon arrival. All the posessions had already been taken away by family and whoever dealt with the house.

There was however a railway set upstaires, which ran around the whole diameter of the house! Holes in the walls for tunnels and it ran from the stairs, to bedroom one, through to bedroom two, the study, bathroom and back to the staires! You could see the flames all over the walls, and burnt various items. I felt quite bad dismantling it all and chucking it in the back of a van to take the the tip. I found a few things which was leftover inthe hosue. Peter's wallet was there, burnt in half, with £30 visible. I left it exactly how it was, was going to give it to Bill but it's not my place to.

On his railway there was various points saying stations, Load Recess, And "Los Angeles Station, in brackets Via Carmel" Which was the name of the village. His son lives in Los Angeles and was due to go on a plane for the first time in his life at the end of the year.

There was things around the house that made you think what the night must of been like, and what Bill be thinking every day.

One thing I noticed on the wall of the master bedroom was a burn shape, it was in the shape of a dressing gown, i think it's simple things like that made me think what the night could of been like.

The pictures themselves make it look as though it was a small fire that was innocently put out after two two hours. Look further into the picture, and listen to people about stories and you realise it wasn't a small fire, it was an almighty hell raise which took a life of a perfectly innocent man.

Anyway the pictures, I really havn't done the cottage or the damage justice.

More pictures can be found here: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=72321
And also on my flickr.

Thanks for reading

Back